Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

Population is taken by zip code which is taken by US census data. But yes. Driving through Maria Stein, I would be surprised if there is much over 1000 people in that town?

Population is taken by zip code which is taken by US census data. But yes. Driving through Maria Stein, I would be surprised if there is much over 1000 people in that town?
My guess is under. You think Maria Stein, within its unincorporated community limits, is more populated than Rockford at 1108?
I could totally be wrong, but I don't think so.

According to Wikipedia, there's 290 people that live in Chickasaw. So do with that information what you will for Maria Stein.

Marion Local has about 850 K-12 students (that's rough). And a typical community would have about 4 times that amount in total population. So all the little towns that are part of the ML district probably have a rough total of about 3400 people. So maybe Maria Stein, the biggest town in the district, actually is close to 2000 people.

If I had to guess, I'd say Maria Stein has maybe 400-500 people and that's being generous. If Maria Stein had 2000 people, they'd be slightly smaller than either St Henry, New Bremen, or Minster and they as a town are nowhere near that big.

If I had to guess, I'd say Maria Stein has maybe 400-500 people and that's being generous. If Maria Stein had 2000 people, they'd be slightly smaller than either St Henry, New Bremen, or Minster and they as a town are nowhere near that big.
Just for fun I checked out the aerial map of Chapel Hill, which is Maria Stein‘s largest subdivision. There are roughly 90 residences in that subdivision alone, and quite a few are duplexes. If you figure 4 people per residence you’ve got 360 there alone. My best guess for Maria Stein proper - not including outlying suburbs ? I’d say we easily have over 1,000 people.

In my population count I was also including all of the homes that could be considered as part of Maria Stein yet are outside the town proper - those 'out in the country' so to speak.

Doesn't St. John parish (in Maria Stein), for instance, have around 400 households? And while some of these consist of only a single person, others are families of six or more under one roof. So if St. John has 400 households, the parish and thus the town might consist of 1,500 people - and that's not counting all the non-Catholics in Maria Stein!!

Just for fun I checked out the aerial map of Chapel Hill, which is Maria Stein‘s largest subdivision. There are roughly 90 residences in that subdivision alone, and quite a few are duplexes. If you figure 4 people per residence you’ve got 360 there alone. My best guess for Maria Stein proper - not including outlying suburbs ? I’d say we easily have over 1,000 people.
The urban sprawl really has taken many of the families out of downtown Maria Stein and into the suburbs. It has lead to more traffic around the outer ring but I am hoping soon the mass transit system will be expanded to the likes of St Rose, Cassell's, etc.

The biggest issue is the current plans call for it to be above ground which will take away farmland. The logical mass transit that the Steiners need to implement is a subway system.

Me reading people thinking theres 1500-2000 in Maria Stein.
giphy.gif

I will change my mind if the 2020 Census Data proves it.

Back to football. Who will likely be each school's starting qb? Who, if anyone, might challenge Schmitz as the best qb in the league?

Back to football. Who will likely be each school's starting qb? Who, if anyone, might challenge Schmitz as the best qb in the league?
Coldwater- Myles or Marcel Blasingame
Parkway- Eli Rich?
New Bremen- Mitchell Hays (second best QB and best athlete playing QB, IMO)
Ft Recovery- Clay Schmitz (best QB hands down)
St Henry-Tyler Dehan?
Marion Local- Unknown
Minster- Unknown
Delphos St Johns- Unknown
Anna- Unknown.
Versailles- Unknown

Seems to be a lot of uncertainty at some schools. Thoughts?

Coldwater- Myles or Marcel Blasingame
Parkway- Eli Rich?
New Bremen- Mitchell Hays (second best QB and best athlete playing QB, IMO)
Ft Recovery- Clay Schmitz (best QB hands down)
St Henry-Tyler Dehan?
Marion Local- Unknown
Minster- Unknown
Delphos St Johns- Unknown
Anna- Unknown.
Versailles- Unknown

Seems to be a lot of uncertainty at some schools. Thoughts?
Coldwater: Myles Blasingame

New Bremen: Mitchell Hayes (Just as good as Blasingame and Schmitz. That I agree)

Parkway: Eli Rich - do they have any other Qb's I really dont know

Fort Recovery: Clay Schmitz

Marion Local: I think they have a Griesdorn

Everyone else I really dont know

Last edited:
The urban sprawl really has taken many of the families out of downtown Maria Stein and into the suburbs. It has lead to more traffic around the outer ring but I am hoping soon the mass transit system will be expanded to the likes of St Rose, Cassell's, etc.

The biggest issue is the current plans call for it to be above ground which will take away farmland. The logical mass transit that the Steiners need to implement is a subway system.
They tried the rail system, petered out years ago. Although it did result in the station part of town, AKA St. Johns west.

Being on high ground separating the Ohio River and Great Lakes drainage's probably makes a canal system impracticable.

I think Tate Hess, a soph, might challenge the jr. Griesdorn at ML - both are good athletes with a lot of promise. Griesdorn didn't get a lot of reps last year in jv games because he was a starting corner on varsity - didn't get a lot of reps at qb in varsity games either. ML should have a strong offense this year regardless of which of these two is under center.

I think Ben Ruhenkamp, a jr, will start at qb for Versailles, but not sure. I saw him back in 8th grade and he was impressive then - big kid with a strong arm. This past winter, he was a solid contributor off the bench for the excellent Tigers' varsity basketball team.

And I can nearly guarantee that Minster will have a good qb - they always do.

Last edited:
Maybe this is old news but according to Arbiter Marion Local picked up a 2 year deal with McComb starting next year. As for this year it looks like the Flyers will be playing a 9 game season if their is a season.