Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

Well if Dr actons Numbers were correct everyone would have had the Rona and died by then so you may be right.
The key will be if the kids go back to school five days a week. If not or we have another lockdown, kiss football good bye this year.

Need to get the MAC food/drink pre-game or post game tour put on here.
Minster Football Dads over the last several years have done a tour during the season of stopping by a bar in EACH MAC town and drinking a few beverages and eating some fine food...…( RUSTIC has great Wings) starts around noon, and we get back to town around midnight..... Bless the designated drivers of the touring vans.... I think we had around 35 dads last year....

l'd love to hear the MAC people's ideas about that.
Have the breweries host a MAC preview for both football and basketball with the coaches and a few key players. Do a tour through all the schools that have breweries. Those schools that don't have one yet would go to the closest one. Fans could mingle and make friends. You could tape them and show them on WOSN.

Whoa, I missed a big fight.
And of course, in MACland fashion, it stopped with bar and brewery conversation...
Some things never change.

As for my late two cents no one asked for:
If we're drawing lines in the sand, I'm pro-Parkway. Always.

I dunno, I have a lot more friends from that district, and the majority of FL people I've met I royally couldn't stand.
But who knows, maybe because I was one of the few non-catholic SoMer natives, that also plays a factor, apparently.

giphy.gif

Whoa, I missed a big fight.
And of course, in MACland fashion, it stopped with bar and brewery conversation...
Some things never change.

As for my late two cents no one asked for:
If we're drawing lines in the sand, I'm pro-Parkway. Always.

I dunno, I have a lot more friends from that district, and the majority of FL people I've met I royally couldn't stand.
But who knows, maybe because I was one of the few non-catholic SoMer natives, that also plays a factor, apparently.

View attachment 7734
If God didn't want man to be happy, He wouldn't have given us beer.
Is there any other league beside the MAC that have a brewery in nearly every school district?
New name for MAC, Most Alcohol Consumed.

Last edited:
When I was a young lad (early 1980's) Mercer and Auglaize counties were always in the top 5 nationally for alcohol consumption per person. Mercer was usually ranked a little higher.

The newly opened Wooden Shoe has a very nice selection of bourbons. I heard (but have not confirms) that they have the old Wooden Shoe beer also, and that it is being brewed at Tailspin in Coldwater.

When I was a young lad (early 1980's) Mercer and Auglaize counties were always in the top 5 nationally for alcohol consumption per person. Mercer was usually ranked a little higher.

The newly opened Wooden Shoe has a very nice selection of bourbons. I heard (but have not confirms) that they have the old Wooden Shoe beer also, and that it is being brewed at Tailspin in Coldwater.
It helped when St Henry had a beer distributor in town. Can anyone say keg parties?

Hope the wooden shoe has improved....
people are going to love it.... good story on the opening in the standard a few days ago.... Tailspin is brewing a wooden shoe lager and a Bock lager for it.... it officially opened tonight....

people are going to love it.... good story on the opening in the standard a few days ago.... Tailspin is brewing a wooden shoe lager and a Bock lager for it.... it officially opened tonight....

Had some of the fried chicken tonight. Very good.

Going in for supper tomorrow night to try the pecan crusted walleye.

The real tragedy of the last few months is they were not able to declare Wing Champions for the MAC this year.

Dutch Mill in Minster has won the event the most times I believe. However, i have went twice to eat in person and was disappointed mightily so maybe they really do them up well for the event at the New Bremen Legion.

McSober's tend to not disappoint. If Celina was in the MAC, CTown wings and their Sweet Heat just may sweep the event every year.

Let's do a very early week one "pick 'em"

Coldwater @ Kenton
Fort Recovery @ Lehman Catholic
St. Henry @ Covington
Parkway @ Crestview
Minster @ Fort Loramie
Anna @ Indian Lake
Versailles @ Celina
Elida @ DSJ
Marion Local @ Indian Hill
New Bremen @ Patrick Henry