Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

wow so hostile!!i didn't mean to hurt your feelings when I said MAYBE get rid of parkway and st johns. dont have to at all, but i think adding those 2 other schools will strengthen the conference even more. And why not throw a parkway out or DSJ out? yeah they might be long-time members, but how do they relate to the other schools? FL and Anna at least have friends and know people from the MAC communities so it would be a really good fit to add them in. But again, sorry for offending you, my condolences :)
they should throw Parkway and DSJ out of the MAC because they don't spend all weekend at Wendelin Tavern like folks from other MAC schools is quite the take.

Last edited:
they should throw Parkway and DSJ out of the MAC because they don't spend all weekend at Wendelin Tavern like folks from other MAC schools is quite the take.
No one wants to boot St John's. And Parkway wont get the boot and they shouldn't. This is all moot.

The wendelin is a good place to go though!
Moellers Beer Barn, Tailspin and Second Crossing are great places to go for locally brewed beer. I am not into the Budweiser, Busch local bars. I went into a bar in southern Mercer County that I will not name, ordered a Sam Adams. I was told they don't serve "dark' beer.

brew barn is really cool. Nick Moeller is actually partnering with a guy and making a new bar/brewing company in loramie and calling it the brew bank (the building used to be an old bank). I heard that will be a cool one to go to

Been to Second Crossing a bunch already included getting growlers to support them when they were temporarily shut down for sitting inside. Great people and not as big obviously as some others but perfect for Rockford, IMO.
glad to see your doing what you can to keep them in business buying those growlers. They are good guys.

Been to Second Crossing a bunch already included getting growlers to support them when they were temporarily shut down for sitting inside. Great people and not as big obviously as some others but perfect for Rockford, IMO.
How is their beer? I haven't been there yet. Or to Gongozzlers.

That's not quite true, people near Willshire or state line might go to Decatur, with business moving to the north side of Van Wert, it actually seems closer and more convenient to go Celina. I know Celina has more and better restaurants.

Yep they go to Decatur. Most probably go to Celina if they're going to Menards or somewhere specific to eat. Van Wert only to get something specific to eat or if they forgot something in Decatur and heading towards Van Wert. Same goes for Wren individuals. Find it funny that Parkway and DSJ are the two getting the hook on this forum. My SIL is going with a DSJ guy so if I get nieces and nephews they'll probably go there.

How is their beer? I haven't been there yet. Or to Gongozzlers.
Pretty good overall. They have something for everybody there. Seltzers, stouts, IPA's, golden ales, and some regular lagers spread out in there Definitely recommend it to anyone passing through and during the fall football season visiting Rockford. No food though there which is a negative to some.

Pretty good overall. They have something for everybody there. Seltzers, stouts, IPA's, golden ales, and some regular lagers spread out in there Definitely recommend it to anyone passing through and during the fall football season visiting Rockford. No food though there which is a negative to some.
Tailspin dont have much for food either. But I did have a pizza delivered from Southside to there once!

I'll have to make my way up to Rockford and try it