Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

Stadium Park in Delphos today. stadium park stadium.jpg

I sat on the visitors side numerous times when the wastewater treatment plant was located behind the stadium. Never really smelled anything that bad. But then again I grew up on a farm.

The stadium has always been owned by the City of Delphos. The stadium and pool were WPA projects around 1940. I would prefer a plain field with at most a blue endzone and a red endzone. This will cap a run of huge improvements at the stadium in the last ten or so years: new locker rooms, new visitors bleachers, new visitors concession stand, new fencing and sidewalks, etc... View attachment 6417
I never thought it was bad either but then again I grew up with fields on 3 sides and much more liberal and lax rules on manure spreading! For the amount of games it seemed to be in good shape even tho we routinely played there week 10 for quite awhile.
It will serve them good for a long time

I’m very interested to see how New Bremen does. Mitchell Hayes might be the best athlete in the MAC along with Myles Blasingame for you guys.
I'd include the upcoming Marion QB who I think is a Griesdorn? and Clay Schmitz the Fort Recovery Qb. Also the Coldwater slot receiver, Zack McKibben.

Because he doesn't run fast? In addition to QB- he also was 1st team All MAC in basketball. He also plays baseball and surprises us all the time with his athleticism.
Being 1st team in a sport doesn’t equate to being a “superior athlete” if that makes sense. Just watch the football film and he struggles to run and change direction. It’s obvious on film. He is a good QB like I said and has a really strong arm to go along with his size.

So how do you judge if someone is athletic? Is it just an eye test? If this kid is a good football player, first team all league in Basketball and a good contributor on the baseball field, I would say he has some athletic ability. I have not seen many un-athletic 1st team all league basketball players in the MAC

So how do you judge if someone is athletic? Is it just an eye test? If this kid is a good football player, first team all league in Basketball and a good contributor on the baseball field, I would say he has some athletic ability. I have not seen many un-athletic 1st team all league basketball players in the MAC
Personally, I use the eye test.

The eye-test/body type, film evaluation, mechanics, accuracy, and mobility are my primary ways of evaluating the QB position. You can see a lot of those on film through his HUDL highlights. Never said he wasn't athletic because he is he just wouldn't be a fit for all types of offensive systems.

I think the visitor's side seats 100 or so more than the home side. Stadium capacity about 3,900.

Any talk of redoing the home grand stand? Is it holding up? I know ours in St. Marys got condemned or w/e, but places like Celina and Van Wert still have theirs. Sorry to sidetrack the thread.

Any talk of redoing the home grand stand? Is it holding up? I know ours in St. Marys got condemned or w/e, but places like Celina and Van Wert still have theirs. Sorry to sidetrack the thread.

The original concrete stadium was covered about 1983 with the current steel structure.

Stadium Park in Delphos today. View attachment 6418

As a player, Stadium Park was always one of my favorite places to play. Probably because it's the only field in the NWC that doesn't have a track but still has good spacing on the sidelines. You feel much closer to the crowd without feeling like they're on top of you (Bluffton). It's even much nicer now with all of the improvements they've done to it.

As an outsider I think it would be cool if they went without a 50 yard logo and instead put "Delphos" in one endzone and "Stadium Park" in the other in black and white. Keep it neutral and keep the name of the park prevalent.

As a player, Stadium Park was always one of my favorite places to play. Probably because it's the only field in the NWC that doesn't have a track but still has good spacing on the sidelines. You feel much closer to the crowd without feeling like they're on top of you (Bluffton). It's even much nicer now with all of the improvements they've done to it.

As an outsider I think it would be cool if they went without a 50 yard logo and instead put "Delphos" in one endzone and "Stadium Park" in the other in black and white. Keep it neutral and keep the name of the park prevalent.
Ever get a chance to watch a game in ANna i would suggest it. You can stand less than 5 yards away from the field with no track!

Celina Stadium is a great place to play and watch a game. WIth taht concrete stands, the school, tall pines, and the other side of the stands that go goalline to goalline, man its awesome!

Saw my first at St Marys last fall. Was afraid the p;arking was going to be terrible but their traffic control afterwards was top notch.

Never saw a 10 lane track though! know kenton has a 6 laner, but never saw 10 before

Celina Stadium is a great place to play and watch a game. WIth taht concrete stands, the school, tall pines, and the other side of the stands that go goalline to goalline, man its awesome!

Saw my first at St Marys last fall. Was afraid the p;arking was going to be terrible but their traffic control afterwards was top notch.

Never saw a 10 lane track though! know kenton has a 6 laner, but never saw 10 before
When (if) we scrimmage Celina this year at Celina will be my first time being there. So I'll reserve judgement until then. I know when I drive by it, it looks rusty on the visitor side.

I thought the experience at the new St Marys stadium was fine. There's a few things that could be changed but overall I thought it was a good experience. 10 lanes are a little overkill!

When (if) we scrimmage Celina this year at Celina will be my first time being there. So I'll reserve judgement until then. I know when I drive by it, it looks rusty on the visitor side.

I thought the experience at the new St Marys stadium was fine. There's a few things that could be changed but overall I thought it was a good experience. 10 lanes are a little overkill!
If there is a good crowd, it should be great! Although I never got to make it into the playoffs, it was the best place by far i ever played in football.

If there is a good crowd, it should be great! Although I never got to make it into the playoffs, it was the best place by far i ever played in football.
Now for me that was Piqua. I think the track vs no track argument is a little overblown. As long as the sight lines are good, that's all that matters to me. Anna, like you mentioned earlier, is an example of a stadium that has no track that has great sight lines.

Now for me that was Piqua. I think the track vs no track argument is a little overblown. As long as the sight lines are good, that's all that matters to me. Anna, like you mentioned earlier, is an example of a stadium that has no track that has great sight lines.
I like being close enough to hear the coaches talk to the players, and you can do that in Celina! I ermember, well i had to watch the tape, getting knocked out at the Celina game and my GF at the time was able to walk on over and see if I was okay. I dont recall much, but did go back in because, well, we were tougher back then and didnt have the concussion ...someone answer that phone.....protocol back then!

I like being close enough to hear the coaches talk to the players, and you can do that in Celina! I ermember, well i had to watch the tape, getting knocked out at the Celina game and my GF at the time was able to walk on over and see if I was okay. I dont recall much, but did go back in because, well, we were tougher back then and didnt have the concussion ...someone answer that phone.....protocol back then!
Well that explains alot !!

Rocket Man - Too funny!

So ThaVoice gets knocked out during the game and the Celina guy probably stole his girlfriend after the game.

Seriously, great story. One of football’s best life lesson, ‘You got knocked down but you got back up’.

Last edited:
i was looking at a map of Ohio school districts and it seems like all of the schools in MAC-land have very odd district boundaries. Minster stretches across 4 counties. can any locals give there best explanation to this?