Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

That would be quite the blow to the SCL. There would certainly be non-league opportunity, but it's not the same.

I still subscribe to a dual league affiliation for both.

Almost nothing would change schedule wise for either Loramie or Anna. They play virtually everyone in everything anyway.

Track and CC would be the most difficult to navigate when it comes to conference meets. Other than that... easy peasy.

Well... that and dbl round BKB in the SCAL. That would take some work... 12 SCAL games and 11 MAC games... that's 23 games and includes 2 SCAL Anna/FL matchups and 1 MAC Anna/FL catchups... Even if you did away with one of the games and count their 2 matchups in both places with one of the games counting toward both the SCAL & MAC standing simultaneously... its still 22 games. No room for NC...

Last edited:
It is something that would be seriously considered for sure. Pulling the trigger on something like that is a different story but I think that collectively, both communities and school administration would look favorably on any opportunity to sit down at the table to work SOMETHING out. It is bound to happen eventually... just a matter of the circumstances being right.

I do not see too many significant downsides to something like this on the whole. Either way, full MAC only membership OR Dual membership OR SCAL w/ FB only, it would be advantageous for all parties without much of a speed bump along the way.

Other than some hurt feelings and slapping tradition in the face... I think they would both bail on the SCAL if push came to shove. That would be the toughest sell for the MAC to make a full move RIGHT NOW. I don't think you get one or the other. It will be both or neither in that context.

I still subscribe to a dual league affiliation for both.

Almost nothing would change schedule wise for either Loramie or Anna. They play virtually everyone in everything anyway.

Track and CC would be the most difficult to navigate when it comes to conference meets. Other than that... easy peasy.

Well... that and dbl round BKB in the SCAL. That would take some work... 12 SCAL games and 11 MAC games... that's 23 games and includes 2 SCAL Anna/FL matchups and 1 MAC Anna/FL catchups... Even if you did away with one of the games and count their 2 matchups in both places with one of the games counting toward both the SCAL & MAC standing simultaneously... its still 22 games. No room for NC...
Wouldn’t that be an interesting late season game Ft L vs Anna with the MAC and Shelby County League title at stake.
Why not merge the two conferences and form a super conference? Would solve a lot of scheduling issues for local AD’s, and in most cases if you win the league they might as well start engraving the State trophy as well.

It is something that would be seriously considered for sure. Pulling the trigger on something like that is a different story but I think that collectively, both communities and school administration would look favorably on any opportunity to sit down at the table to work SOMETHING out. It is bound to happen eventually... just a matter of the circumstances being right.

I do not see too many significant downsides to something like this on the whole. Either way, full MAC only membership OR Dual membership OR SCAL w/ FB only, it would be advantageous for all parties without much of a speed bump along the way.

Other than some hurt feelings and slapping tradition in the face... I think they would both bail on the SCAL if push came to shove. That would be the toughest sell for the MAC to make a full move RIGHT NOW. I don't think you get one or the other. It will be both or neither in that context.

I was told point blank that both would accept full membership and that person would certainly know.

Fort Loramie submitted an application to the MAC a while back....If this gets crazy and Parkway would happen to leave, who gets in full-time Loramie or Anna?
Fort Loramie's application to the MAC was denied. It wasn't unanimous, but they won't be joining the conference anytime soon.

Right. And Parkway isn't leaving. No matter how much you'd like them to.
Haha. I tend to agree. They have deep seeded roots in the MAC. However, I have been told by a legit source close to the NWC board that the NWC is pursuing them along with multiple other suitors. The NWC could look for as many as 2-3 teams in the next couple of years. With the transition to Derryberry from Raabe as our Commissioner, it'll be interesting how quickly the ball moves on adding members. I thought Derryberry was an interesting hire to say the least. We will see if he can transition from officiating to commish. With him being from the Wapak area, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he went to some Lima area ties to gauge interest first.

Haha. I tend to agree. They have deep seeded roots in the MAC. However, I have been told by a legit source close to the NWC board that the NWC is pursuing them along with multiple other suitors. The NWC could look for as many as 2-3 teams in the next couple of years. With the transition to Derryberry from Raabe as our Commissioner, it'll be interesting how quickly the ball moves on adding members. I thought Derryberry was an interesting hire to say the least. We will see if he can transition from officiating to commish. With him being from the Wapak area, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he went to some Lima area ties to gauge interest first.

Hopefully that means he wont referee the Coldwater vs Kenton game!!!

Glad they got this done. Not sure how the kids will do starting out the year with three on the road. Believe that coach Schmidt and staff will be ready.

Glad they got this done. Not sure how the kids will do starting out the year with three on the road. Believe that coach Schmidt and staff will be ready.
I dont think in HS it is a big deal to have a string like this on the road. They arent traveling across country, time zones, and to be quite honest home field advantage in HS football does not mean that much.

The kids are much more resilient than adults give them credit for.

their application had just joining the MAC in Football and Golf...….
Their application for those sports is rumored to be going to the NWC (and possibly more). I've been told its about a 75% done deal for Loramie to the NWC. It'll be up to the NWC to decide on what they are looking for as far as long term membership. Whether its a dual conference member (Columbus Grove is one) or whether we accept football (and golf) only schools.

I dont think in HS it is a big deal to have a string like this on the road. They arent traveling across country, time zones, and to be quite honest home field advantage in HS football does not mean that much.

The kids are much more resilient than adults give them credit for.

For most MAC schools home field advantage doesn’t matter, but if you’re telling me Mount Healthy or any other Dayton/Cincinnati school would rather play in the dirt and mud than their home turf field you’re crazy lol. I know playing for Wapak the turf vs grass that other WBL teams had made the biggest of differences than injuries, refs or weather.

For most MAC schools home field advantage doesn’t matter, but if you’re telling me Mount Healthy or any other Dayton/Cincinnati school would rather play in the dirt and mud than their home turf field you’re crazy lol. I know playing for Wapak the turf vs grass that other WBL teams had made the biggest of differences than injuries, refs or weather.
While you are not wrong in that particular assessment I was speaking more in regards of what is the most important aspect, Wins and Losses. In HS football, above all other of the sports, in my estimation the better team wins the most often no matter where it is played.