Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

I guess the reason New Bremen is struggling to find a non league game this coming season is because the Cards ran up the score in the past.:rolleyes:
I think CKnights thinks that NB is struggling to find games in 2020 because ML scored 64 vs Elida in 2008. Ironically, Shawnee scored 56 against Elida in 2008 and ML started playing Shawnee in 2009. And ML had some very close and competitive games with Shawnee until their old coach retired. Then, big drop off. Maybe Cooper will rebuild and Shawnee will schedule a MAC school again. Several MAC schools play Shawnee in basketball so there is a relationship there.

Lol, you act like the forward pass was invented in the past decade. Some of ML’s most prolific passing teams were in the early 2000’s. Anywho, as someone else mentioned, it’s actually harder to completely blow teams out nowadays with the running clock.

Speaking of which, was Crestview flexing two years ago when it beat Bluffton 53-0 or Jefferson 47-0 WITH a running clock? :LOL:
Do you want me to be honest (unlike the deny deny deny crowd coming to defense)?

Yes. I've seen Crestview flex a few times when they could on teams that used to run up the score on Coach Owens when he was in high school playing. And everyone in the crowd that lived it and watched it for years in the early 2000s knew that it was a little added salt to the wound. I can't speak specifically to those games but I have seen it happen.

Boy. That wasn't hard to admit that no one is perfect. Lol. It happens. We absolutely despised a few teams for running it up on us when we were terrible.

There is nothing wrong with admitting your coach might have put an extra TD or two on teams when he could have pulled back the reigns. Especially ML who was working to garner MAC and statewide respect in the 2000s. The poured it on! It happened! Lol..

Last edited:
Ok New Bremen here's one close by that should bring a few harbin points. Doesn't fill the 2020 slot unfortunately but probably could be an option if you guys want it. Just posted yesterday:

Arcanum High School is looking for a Week 1 opponent in 2021-2022. Arcanum is a Div. 6 school located in Darke County, Ohio. If interested please contact jason_schondelmyer@arcanum-butler.k12.oh.us.

Ok New Bremen here's one close by that should bring a few harbin points. Doesn't fill the 2020 slot unfortunately but probably could be an option if you guys want it. Just posted yesterday:

Arcanum High School is looking for a Week 1 opponent in 2021-2022. Arcanum is a Div. 6 school located in Darke County, Ohio. If interested please contact jason_schondelmyer@arcanum-butler.k12.oh.us.
Arcanum seems to be up and coming. should get this one done!

Curious. Has New Bremen put out a similar feeler? I hear about them not being able to find an OOC opponent and all the theories about it being because of their league. All banter aside, this is likely less about "strength" of NB and more about availability.

I believe back in 2001, Crestview was still a start up and had to go with a nine game season. It took some begging and pleading from administration to finally get Lehman Catholic on the schedule for the next few years. I know we have to find three OOC games because we only have eight members that play football in our conference. We have had Parkway and Hicksville for a very long time (probably ten plus years) and Wayne Trace for 20 years. It rarely (if ever) has effected our playoff chances. Maybe our seeding could be better but rarely effects overall chances of getting in.

I know that Jefferson keeps Shawnee on the schedule long term and tries to get a MAC opponent every year. Its a proud school even in down years. I'm assuming they will keep Versailles for another year but haven't checked their schedule. Spnecerville has been known to schedule MAC opponents. You would think the the MAC teams struggling to schedule could go to the WBL/NWC/SCAL and try to get some long term deals struck. Maybe teams have tried and failed to do so? Celina has been known to play the MAC. There are local opponents. I think finding long term instead of doing a home and home would be more fruitful for the ease of scheduling.

Curious. Has New Bremen put out a similar feeler? I hear about them not being able to find an OOC opponent and all the theories about it being because of their league. All banter aside, this is likely less about "strength" of NB and more about availability.

I believe back in 2001, Crestview was still a start up and had to go with a nine game season. It took some begging and pleading from administration to finally get Lehman Catholic on the schedule for the next few years. I know we have to find three OOC games because we only have eight members that play football in our conference. We have had Parkway and Hicksville for a very long time (probably ten plus years) and Wayne Trace for 20 years. It rarely (if ever) has effected our playoff chances. Maybe our seeding could be better but rarely effects overall chances of getting in.

I know that Jefferson keeps Shawnee on the schedule long term and tries to get a MAC opponent every year. Its a proud school even in down years. I'm assuming they will keep Versailles for another year but haven't checked their schedule. Spnecerville has been known to schedule MAC opponents. You would think the the MAC teams struggling to schedule could go to the WBL/NWC/SCAL and try to get some long term deals struck. Maybe teams have tried and failed to do so? Celina has been known to play the MAC. There are local opponents. I think finding long term instead of doing a home and home would be more fruitful for the ease of scheduling.
in theory, yes. but demographics change and programs change so a series isn’t always sustainable for that long. an example of a school that has grown a lot would be Jonathan Alder (out of Madison county). in the early 2002s they had games with the likes of Madison Plains, West Jefferson, Fairbanks, Bishop Ready, Grandview Heights, Columbus Academy, Marion Local, Lehman Catholic, etc. Alder has recently started to grow and playing D6-7 teams would not be sustainable, due to growth. not every school is a victim to this, but that’s just an example that comes to mind.

The thing I think that hurts New Bremen is the fact that they are a D7 school and they can't help that. Being from this league certainly doesn't help. They've played a few NWC teams over the years. If I were the Cards, i wouldn't schedule a WBL school yet. I'd like to see more WBL/MAC matchups but their 1 non Conference game makes it hard. Is availability the problem? Could be. But I think its multiple factors just hitting at once. I wish I knew if there was a school in eastern Indiana that has an open week 2 (Ohio week 1) game for them. Same goes for Marion filling out their week 2 and us filling out our week 2 in 2021.

in theory, yes. but demographics change and programs change so a series isn’t always sustainable for that long. an example of a school that has grown a lot would be Jonathan Alder (out of Madison county). in the early 2002s they had games with the likes of Madison Plains, West Jefferson, Fairbanks, Bishop Ready, Grandview Heights, Columbus Academy, Marion Local, Lehman Catholic, etc. Alder has recently started to grow and playing D6-7 teams would not be sustainable, due to growth. not every school is a victim to this, but that’s just an example that comes to mind.
Program power changes but in this area, demographics and size don't necessarily change. We all float between the D6/D7 range. WBL is the exception in my example, as they are a bit bigger in school size. But the only way for small schools in this area to sustain and not have problems seems to be creating long term relationships with schools and/or conferences. I'll go back to the Minster/Loramie rivlary. What a great one by two schools that have long standing respect for one another.

The thing I think that hurts New Bremen is the fact that they are a D7 school and they can't help that. Being from this league certainly doesn't help. They've played a few NWC teams over the years. If I were the Cards, i wouldn't schedule a WBL school yet. I'd like to see more WBL/MAC matchups but their 1 non Conference game makes it hard. Is availability the problem? Could be. But I think its multiple factors just hitting at once. I wish I knew if there was a school in eastern Indiana that has an open week 2 (Ohio week 1) game for them. Same goes for Marion filling out their week 2 and us filling out our week 2 in 2021.
I would be curious if they have reached out to Allen East, Spencerville, LCC, Jefferson etc. While those are D6 schools, it fits the bill and makes sense given that these teams have or will play MAC schools. I agree a WBL school would be stout, but even trying for Celina or Shawnee shouldn't be dismissed. I think the major component being missed is that teams are looking for points rather than sustained relationships. I was around during the building of Crestview's program and know how extremely hard it was to find an OOC. We were looking in Michigan, Indiana, etc. Settled for a 9 game season. At that point, our administration took a hard look and said we need to lock schools in...for better or worse. It has worked for us.

I would be curious if they have reached out to Allen East, Spencerville, LCC, Jefferson etc. While those are D6 schools, it fits the bill and makes sense given that these teams have or will play MAC schools. I agree a WBL school would be stout, but even trying for Celina or Shawnee shouldn't be dismissed. I think the major component being missed is that teams are looking for points rather than sustained relationships. I was around during the building of Crestview's program and know how extremely hard it was to find an OOC. We were looking in Michigan, Indiana, etc. Settled for a 9 game season. At that point, our administration took a hard look and said we need to lock schools in...for better or worse. It has worked for us.

Be nice to see one Crestview vs AC varsity game when both are going to be good. AC has went through opponents for Week 3 in Indiana (week 2 in OH). Not sure how long Monroe Central is on the schedule. Believe that's your Hicksville week.

2021 CW is playing Cincy Oak Hills?

22 and 23 is Bellefontaine, whom just got a new Coach. The Chiefs believe that have a STACKED 8th grade class that is going to put that program on the map big time so it looks like their Jr/Sr seasons they should be able to easily handle Coldwater.

So Coldwater now has their OOC schedule filled through the 2023 season, New Breman should be able to be able to fill their's without having to take a game with the likes of a Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary. One can see why Marion Local or Coldwater might have trouble finding a OOC opponent(s) but I'm sorry New Breman's AD may just have to work a bit harder.

ThaVoice - That Bellefontaine class has one big question mark looming over it that is completely out of their control - the coaching uncertainty within the Bellefontaine football program. I believe Bellefontaine just hired a new head coach after a rather long process, a guy who didn't seem too in interested in the job. Doesn't sound like the recipe for success.

So Coldwater now has their OOC schedule filled through the 2023 season, New Breman should be able to be able to fill their's without having to take a game with the likes of a Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary. One can see why Marion Local or Coldwater might have trouble finding a OOC opponent(s) but I'm sorry New Breman's AD may just have to work a bit harder.
Yeah I am sure he is not trying hard enough.

ThaVoice - That Bellefontaine class has one big question mark looming over it that is completely out of their control - the coaching uncertainty within the Bellefontaine football program. I believe Bellefontaine just hired a new head coach after a rather long process, a guy who didn't seem too in interested in the job. Doesn't sound like the recipe for success.
I did see that NB filled their week 2 in 2021 with Lehman Catholic. Didn't see anything for 2022 but I imagine that is a 2 year deal.

He will do just fine. That 8th grade class is so loaded that even Freddie Kitchens could win with them......

IF and that is a big if....IF NB is really struggling that hard to find an OOC opponent, then I tend to agree. He will need to work hard to find an OOC opponent. Who wants to play a potentially middle of the pack/lower level D7 school for one year, in the middle of nowhere and said team traditionally doesn't garner enough Harbin points to make the playoffs themselves? Its a hard pitch. I think scheduling Lehman Catholic may have been the cart before the horse. Find someone that wants 3 plus years of OOC scheduling. Stop grabbing one year at a time.

But, here's a solution that they should have looked at a year ago......the GMC. With Holgate leaving, they could have grabbed Fairview (played Anna in the playoffs), Wayne Trace, Hicksville, etc. Plenty of points to be had with a win. Just use a little foresight and they could have had an equal opponent for at least a filler for a year or two and potentially longer if the GMC doens't fill the Holgate gap.

New Bremen was suppose to play Ada week 1 next year at Bremen. I guess after the 51-21 loss they wanted out. I have no factual knowledge to the situation, but the cards should be happy if they can pick up a game that is winnable. I believe Ada won twice last year. Not many points to be had.

IF and that is a big if....IF NB is really struggling that hard to find an OOC opponent, then I tend to agree. He will need to work hard to find an OOC opponent. Who wants to play a potentially middle of the pack/lower level D7 school for one year, in the middle of nowhere and said team traditionally doesn't garner enough Harbin points to make the playoffs themselves? Its a hard pitch. I think scheduling Lehman Catholic may have been the cart before the horse. Find someone that wants 3 plus years of OOC scheduling. Stop grabbing one year at a time.

But, here's a solution that they should have looked at a year ago......the GMC. With Holgate leaving, they could have grabbed Fairview (played Anna in the playoffs), Wayne Trace, Hicksville, etc. Plenty of points to be had with a win. Just use a little foresight and they could have had an equal opponent for at least a filler for a year or two and potentially longer if the GMC doens't fill the Holgate gap.

You do know that this isn't the Arabian Peninsula, right? These non-leagues games are not arranged marriages.

CKnights not sure where you get your info, but I am not sure I would call NB ‘middle of the pack or lower’ team. I do know they played Ada last year and beat the crap out of them, and then Ada’s JV went to NB the next day and got beat even worse and at that point I believe they begged out of the contact. Not sure why their AD let it happen, but maybe he thought a day of rest would be better than playing that game again?? I hope NB can find a game, but at this point I am not very hopeful, too bad it’s always good to see the Freshmen and Sophomores get some varsity action.

PantherSkin - New Breman had a very good 2019 season after a respectable 2018. They appear to be trending up but has the last two years been thanks to a solid 2020 Senior class/a few good players or are they building a program? Based on the last 10 years I would say calling New Breman a 'middle of the pack' team might be a bit too premature based on their records....

2019 9-4, 5-3 OOC Beat Ada 51-21 (2-8), Beat Ansonia 34-6 (6-4), Wk 11 Beat New Miami 45-15 (10-1), WK 12 Beat Perry 42-14 (8-4)
2018 6-4, 4-4 OOC Beat Ben Logan 27-12 (2-8), Beat Mississinawa Valley 48-8 (4-6)
2017 3-7, 1-7 OOC Beat Bradford 48-0 (0-10), Beat Mississinawa Valley 30-0 (1-9)
2016 2-8, 0-8 OOC Beat Bradford 37-13 (3-7), Beat Holgate 45-20 (0-10)
2015 1-9, 0-8 OOC Beat Bradford 21-0 (4-6), Lost Holgate 14-25 (1-9)
2014 0-10, 0-8 OOC Lost Allen East 26-49 (3-7), Lost Ft. Loramie 13-35 (7-4)
2013 0-10, 0-8 OOC Lost Allen East 13-28 (4-6), Lost Ft. Loramie 20-62 (8-3)
2012 2-8, 2-6 OOC Lost Covington 7-27 (12-1), Lost Ft. Loramie 21-34 (8-3)
2011 0-10, 0-8 OOC Lost Covington 20-43 (10-1), Lost Ft. Loramie 0-34 (10-2)
2010 2-8, 2-6 OOC Lost Covington 21-22 (11-1), Lost Ft. Loramie 7-14 (8-3)

Lets give Ada a break, they appear to be where New Breman was just a few seasons ago. Ada needs to do what's best for their kids and program and New Breman should be able to find a game but they may have to travel to Columbus or Cincinnati to find it.

Lets give Ada a break, they appear to be where New Breman was just a few seasons ago. Ada needs to do what's best for their kids and program and New Breman should be able to find a game but they may have to travel to Columbus or Cincinnati to find it.
If you have a game scheduled, you stick with it, period.

You do know that this isn't the Arabian Peninsula, right? These non-leagues games are not arranged marriages.
Do you know anything about scheduling? You sound uninformed. These games are very much arranged. For years. Those that chose to do one or two years chance not being able to find a local competitor. But maybe you don’t have any experience in administration? Just a guess.

CKnights not sure where you get your info, but I am not sure I would call NB ‘middle of the pack or lower’ team. I do know they played Ada last year and beat the crap out of them, and then Ada’s JV went to NB the next day and got beat even worse and at that point I believe they begged out of the contact. Not sure why their AD let it happen, but maybe he thought a day of rest would be better than playing that game again?? I hope NB can find a game, but at this point I am not very hopeful, too bad it’s always good to see the Freshmen and Sophomores get some varsity action.
They made one playoff in the past how many years? I guess I was Probably nice? Middle of the pack is a bit bold. Make the playoffs and get bounced every year and you are middle of the pack. Don’t make playoffs and you are probably lower level. Just sayin.....