Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

Minster has 6 away games in 2020. Hopefully they got a two year deal with Cincinnati Woodward and will get 6 home games in 2021.
for financial reasons.....that is not a very good way to schedule.....plus just a feeling , that Woodward would not bring a very large crowd to the game in Minster.....and to tell you the truth, not sure if Minster will bring a large crowd to Woodward... like I said I would hope that Covington is paying us some GET OUT OF THE GAME money that they owed us for this upcoming season....

for financial reasons.....that is not a very good way to schedule.....plus just a feeling , that Woodward would not bring a very large crowd to the game in Minster.....and to tell you the truth, not sure if Minster will bring a large crowd to Woodward... like I said I would hope that Covington is paying us some GET OUT OF THE GAME money that they owed us for this upcoming season....

It is just like in the late Newland years. Once you get to be a successful program, you fall into a "beggars can't be choosers" as far as scheduling. Like Marion Local.

with the NWC potentially having an open spot.. MAYBE Parkway has an excuse to leave. thus opening up a spot for Fort Loramie. this could get interesting

with the NWC potentially having an open spot.. MAYBE Parkway has an excuse to leave. thus opening up a spot for Fort Loramie. this could get interesting
I'll wait to see if Paulding actually leaves the NWC 1st. If Parkway wants to stay in the league, that's their decision. They are a charter member of the league. Obviously I'd rather have Fort Loramie but that's not up to me.

Granted, Parkway has not been relevant for an extended period of time BUT with Fort Recovery winning a state title, New Bremen with a surge (of which we will see if it has staying ability) and Minster coming back from the dead I think should give everyone hope that the Panthers can get this ship on the right direction.

There is no reason why they cannot do what those other schools have done.

I know a lot of people are pushing for Loramie to join the MAC, myself included. They did have two close games with Minster and Marion. However, could they handle the rigor of a MAC schedule? Those two games were the first game and last game, so they had a full schedule of playing very weak teams from their conference (outside of Covington). I’m sure they could perform better than some MAC members, but could they make it out of the regular season with only 3-4 losses, including the OCC game?

I'll wait to see if Paulding actually leaves the NWC 1st. If Parkway wants to stay in the league, that's their decision. They are a charter member of the league. Obviously I'd rather have Fort Loramie but that's not up to me.
I hope the NWC changes by the time my step kids are older. Paulding I wouldn't mind driving to, but not looking forward to Ada, Bluffton, Columbus Grove, and Allen East.

I know a lot of people are pushing for Loramie to join the MAC, myself included. They did have two close games with Minster and Marion. However, could they handle the rigor of a MAC schedule? Those two games were the first game and last game, so they had a full schedule of playing very weak teams from their conference (outside of Covington). I’m sure they could perform better than some MAC members, but could they make it out of the regular season with only 3-4 losses, including the OCC game?
They would do fine, and could really use the week-to-week iron sharpens iron mentality. Loramie was the more talented team, by more than just a little, in their matchup with the Flyers. The difference I think was the Steiners steadfast experience against top competition. Even if many of the players had not been regulars in previous years run to the title I still believe it benefits those kids being around those situations, if only on the sideline or a part time player.

I think FL wins 8 out of ten vs MSML if you base it on that night, but the Flyers got it when it counted.

They would do fine, and could really use the week-to-week iron sharpens iron mentality. Loramie was the more talented team, by more than just a little, in their matchup with the Flyers. The difference I think was the Steiners steadfast experience against top competition. Even if many of the players had not been regulars in previous years run to the title I still believe it benefits those kids being around those situations, if only on the sideline or a part time player.

I think FL wins 8 out of ten vs MSML if you base it on that night, but the Flyers got it when it counted.
8 out of 10??? you drinking Bourbon or beer ?

Luers would be a great one. They are a small Fort Wayne school that gets beat up in the regular season by the big boys in the area then smokes everyone on route to state in multiple sports.

Eh back in 2008 or 2009 to about 2013. They haven't quite been that good since Jaylon left for Notre Dame. Heck Bellmont (decent that year) beat them back in 2015 for the Sectional I believe. Haydock getting the Woodlan job I think was part of the drop off besides Heritage not having great teams to pilfer from as well.

Eh back in 2008 or 2009 to about 2013. They haven't quite been that good since Jaylon left for Notre Dame. Heck Bellmont (decent that year) beat them back in 2015 for the Sectional I believe. Haydock getting the Woodlan job I think was part of the drop off besides Heritage not having great teams to pilfer from as well.
Yeah. They were just in state two years ago. Still a traditional powerhouse in their own right with multiple championships in every decade since the 80s. I would put their athletic pool up against alot of traditional small school powerhouses. One of the few teams in Western Ohio and Eastern Indiana area that has a "MAC-like" track record. Would be neat to see a home and away against a MAC team.

Yeah. They were just in state two years ago. Still a traditional powerhouse in their own right with multiple championships in every decade since the 80s. I would put their athletic pool up against alot of traditional small school powerhouses. One of the few teams in Western Ohio and Eastern Indiana area that has a "MAC-like" track record. Would be neat to see a home and away against a MAC team.

They haven't been to state since 2012. I just looked it up. They won 4 in a row from 2009 to 2012. They reached semi state in 14 and 18 but not state. Their history is storied, but since that 18 semi state run, they haven't looked quite the same. Not sure what their pipeline is at the moment or what has been happening. They lost to a solid Eastside team this year who AC was fortunate to beat by a score at their place. AC and even SA are no where near the upper MAC level.

As long as they could provide us harbin points with a win, I'd be ok with it. But considering they went 3-8 last year, I'd think we would look elsewhere.