Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

what div are they? so the cats will be playing just 4 home games and 6 away games next year...…… I hope the Cats got some money from Covington for getting out of a agreement....... is there a site to see who has open dates next year on their schedule?
I Believe they went 1-9 this year and are a Division 3 school.

what div are they? so the cats will be playing just 4 home games and 6 away games next year...…… I hope the Cats got some money from Covington for getting out of a agreement....... is there a site to see who has open dates next year on their schedule?

You can check https://ohsaa.org/OpenDates , but it's not 100% accurate as AD's sometimes don't let OHSAA know when dates have been filled.

You can always check arbiterlive.com and type in schools to see which schools have put in their schedules. However, this is only as good as the AD's putting the schedules in, and accepting from other schools.

Is Saint Marys Still looking for a week 1? ML vs SM would be an interesting matchup that SM Wouldn't take unless it was a last resort. With ML being D7.

Fort Recovery finished 4 - 6 on the season , you do not think that is disappointing ?

They lost to Valley View, Coldwater, Minster, Anna, New Bremen, Marion Local. Really, we had a chance to beat Valley View. I was disappointed that we didn't look good against New Bremen......but overall, 4-6 is about where we should have been, I guess. Who should we have beaten that we lost to?

They lost to Valley View, Coldwater, Minster, Anna, New Bremen, Marion Local. Really, we had a chance to beat Valley View. I was disappointed that we didn't look good against New Bremen......but overall, 4-6 is about where we should have been, I guess. Who should we have beaten that we lost to?

Fortfan-What you need to realize is that the heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Once Ft Recovery won a title as a member of the MAC there are certain expectations for many people to keep that success moving on. There was talk of a good season because of some of that talent and yes 4-6 SHOULD BE DEEMED A DISAPPOINTMENT when a program has larger expectations and recent championship success.

Giving 'excuses' of 'look whom we got beat by' is an excuse the Covington's of the world use. 6-4 is where the Fort should have been this year wins vs VV (you were right there in that one) and NB.

Fortfan-What you need to realize is that the heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Once Ft Recovery won a title as a member of the MAC there are certain expectations for many people to keep that success moving on. There was talk of a good season because of some of that talent and yes 4-6 SHOULD BE DEEMED A DISAPPOINTMENT when a program has larger expectations and recent championship success.

Giving 'excuses' of 'look whom we got beat by' is an excuse the Covington's of the world use. 6-4 is where the Fort should have been this year wins vs VV (you were right there in that one) and NB.

But you yourself said FR stood no chance to beat VV!!!

So New Bremen had both Ada and Ansonia drop them? That's rough..
Haven’t seen Ansonia on the Arbiter schedule for next season. They had only 28 kids playing this year. However that week doesn’t show on open dates for next year. Not sure what’s gonna happen. Was told that Ada wanted out for next season. That must have happened. Arbiter isn’t updated.

Haven’t seen Ansonia on the Arbiter schedule for next season. They had only 28 kids playing this year. However that week doesn’t show on open dates for next year. Not sure what’s gonna happen. Was told that Ada wanted out for next season. That must have happened. Arbiter isn’t updated.
I dont think Ansonia is on that site. It just says their schedules are not available

Last edited:
I'll tell you what though. 28 is a good # by Ansonia standards. I'd like to see them get into the 30's though.

I heard Ansonia is still on NB’s schedule for next year (reliable source). Ada asked out, they didn’t help the Cards much points wise this year hopefully they can replace with someone who is a little more competitive.
Thanks panther. I hope they get someone better to replace Ada.

Remember when Bucc posters were talking that Cov. would schedule anyone. What happened.
Reality. They are not ready for a upper tier MAC team. Had a nice conversation this week with an AD of one of the new conference schools and the difficulty they are having with scheduling. CCC teams do not want to schedule them as OOC games, they may be stuck with going south to play schools Dixie or Preble Shawnee abandoned. Covington does not want to be left with a 90% chance of a 0-2 start once they start playing a schedule where they may only go 4-3 in conference play. They want the OOC games to be winnable or at least a 50/50 chance of it.

The constant talk about Fort Recovery underachieving is puzzling to me. The only people saying FR was going to be real good this year were Coldwater and Marion fans trying to pick "anybody but us" to win. They were downplaying their own teams and in the process putting FR higher than they should have been. They were still young. Their top defensive players graduated. Skill players were good, but line lacked quickness and speed and strength. That was huge all year. Minster exposed our inability to stop the run. Coldwater and New Bremen followed that script. So who did they lose to that they should have beaten?
Valley View.

Fort wins that game if Thobe is healthy.

Fort Recovery finished 4 - 6 on the season , you do not think that is disappointing ?
Valley View and NB were toss ups so 6-4 was realistic. That's where I thought they would end up. I felt they would have to beat 2 of Minster, CW and Anna to make the playoffs. So essentially they needed to win both toss up games and upset 2 powers.