Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

1. Marion Local - Tim Goodwin

2. Coldwater - if we can replace our linemen, we should do quite nicely. Plenty of skill players.

3. New Bremen - laugh at me if you want but barring anyone quitting, they should have 30 seniors and juniors and return their entire backfield except Nolan Bornhorst. If Marion jumps back up to D6 for some reason, the Cardinals have a legitimate chance.

4. Minster- they'll be competitive. Unsure of what they return.

5. Anna - got ravaged by graduation

6. Fort Recovery- has the talent to win the entire league but they disappointed in 2019. Unsure what changes need to be made but until their defense improves, I have to put them here.

7. Versailles - 5-5 sounds possible. Could be interchangeable with St Henry.

8. St Henry- 5-5/4-6. Who knows?

9. Parkway- it'll be interesting to see how they replace Nick Hawk. All I ask is one thing: please get a coach to stay!!! For your sakes.

10. Delphos St Johns- ?‍♂️

Last edited:

i already know the answer but with Delphos St. John’s being picked last every year, what’s the point of having them around? yes they have been very good i know, but not recently. it seems really tough to rebuild a program in the MAC.

Tim Goodwin’s “down year” is apparently a state championship lol. not going to doubt the MAC in the playoffs anymore.

Anna had a nice run and i absolutely enjoyed it. but it looks like they are losing a whole lot of seniors.

on another note, i would like to see more MAC and OHC scrimmages or perhaps non conference matchups. i’m biased but i wouldn’t mind as a fan traveling up to MAC land before my grandson graduates.

Also I was checking arbiterlive.com to see if we filled our week 2 game in 2021 and 2022 and I saw something else interesting. We filed week 2 for 2022/2023 instead. Coldwater will be playing Bellefontaine. So 2021 we are still open in week 2 according to that site.

Also I was checking arbiterlive.com to see if we filled our week 2 game in 2021 and 2022 and I saw something else interesting. We filed week 2 for 2022/2023 instead. Coldwater will be playing Bellefontaine. So 2021 we are still open in week 2 according to that site.
Marion is open for week 1 and 2 next year, i believe. Dropped Woodlan, IN and Bishop Watterson was a one year deal I guess. Sounds like everyone is still having problems filling weeks in.

i already know the answer but with Delphos St. John’s being picked last every year, what’s the point of having them around? yes they have been very good i know, but not recently. it seems really tough to rebuild a program in the MAC.

What’s the point? They’re a longtime league member and have represented the MAC very well in many sports.

As to your second point, Minster and Fort Recovery both recovered from serious slumps (much worse than DSJ’s) and won state titles. And New Bremen is on a major upswing. Those stories are as interesting to me as those of Coldwater or Marion.

What’s the point? They’re a longtime league member and have represented the MAC very well in many sports.

As to your second point, Minster and Fort Recovery both recovered from serious slumps (much worse than DSJ’s) and won state titles. And New Bremen is on a major upswing. Those stories are as interesting to me as those of Coldwater or Marion.
you’re right. guess i can’t even doubt the worst teams in the MAC haha. and i knew that would be the answer, respectively. but serious question, how is DSJ compared to the others enrollment wise? are they the smallest?

absolutely love it.

Marion is open for week 1 and 2 next year, i believe. Dropped Woodlan, IN and Bishop Watterson was a one year deal I guess. Sounds like everyone is still having problems filling weeks in.
the Greenon Knights are open week 1-2 next year ;) let’s get it done HAHA. jk, i’m sure they want no part of the terror that is Marion Local

I agree with Local being the class of the league next year. They had so many underclass men play this year they will return a lot. Huelsman is a beast.

I’d say Minster, Coldwater and Bremen will round out the top 4.

Anna will have a huge drop off. Might see them with a losing record next year.

I am not surprised at this. Bellefontaine has been getting some talented transfers in at the JH level and the talk of the area is that by the 22/23 season they should be near the top on the division with an ultra talented QB, RB and what I would project a TE who would even be better than CWs Miller this season. I would expect CW to drop both of those matchups so hopefully week one they take home W's because it won't be happening in week two.

Anyone know if that MSML team, who was a D6 team playing down according to Lucas fans, have a lot returning?

I would love to see NB make a big time run next year but they need those week 1 and 2 wins.

Anna loses alot but they shouldn't be a one hit wonder.

The constant talk about Fort Recovery underachieving is puzzling to me. The only people saying FR was going to be real good this year were Coldwater and Marion fans trying to pick "anybody but us" to win. They were downplaying their own teams and in the process putting FR higher than they should have been. They were still young. Their top defensive players graduated. Skill players were good, but line lacked quickness and speed and strength. That was huge all year. Minster exposed our inability to stop the run. Coldwater and New Bremen followed that script. So who did they lose to that they should have beaten?

It wasn't just fans picking FR to be near the top of the league. Coaches poll by the Daily Standard had Fort Recovery as one of the top 4 teams in the MAC with Anna, Coldwater and Minster.

I am not surprised at this. Bellefontaine has been getting some talented transfers in at the JH level and the talk of the area is that by the 22/23 season they should be near the top on the division with an ultra talented QB, RB and what I would project a TE who would even be better than CWs Miller this season. I would expect CW to drop both of those matchups so hopefully week one they take home W's because it won't be happening in week two.

Anyone know if that MSML team, who was a D6 team playing down according to Lucas fans, have a lot returning?

I would love to see NB make a big time run next year but they need those week 1 and 2 wins.

Anna loses alot but they shouldn't be a one hit wonder.
Marion Local has between 10 to 12 starters back. The Flyers most likely will be D - 7 again next year.

Last edited:
Would not surprise me if the Flyers only play 9 games next season, unless ML picks up a team north of the border.

1. Marion Local - Tim Goodwin

2. Coldwater - if we can replace our linemen, we should do quite nicely. Plenty of skill players.

3. New Bremen - laugh at me if you want but barring anyone quitting, they should have 30 seniors and juniors and return their entire backfield except Nolan Bornhorst. If Marion jumps back up to D6 for some reason, the Cardinals have a legitimate chance.

4. Minster- they'll be competitive. Unsure of what they return.

5. Anna - got ravaged by graduation

6. Fort Recovery- has the talent to win the entire league but they disappointed in 2019. Unsure what changes need to be made but until their defense improves, I have to put them here.

7. Versailles - 5-5 sounds possible. Could be interchangeable with St Henry.

8. St Henry- 5-5/4-6. Who knows?

9. Parkway- it'll be interesting to see how they replace Eli Rich and Nick Hawk. All I ask is one thing: please get a coach to stay!!! For your sakes.

10. Delphos St Johns- ?‍♂️
For as bad as your list was last year, this one makes a lot more sense!
A couple of observations: was Coldwater’s stumble at the end of the season foreshadowing a program downturn? I doubt it, I think the kids realized they couldn’t beat Anna and kind of packed it in, but it will be worth watching.
I think Anna may fall off a little more than this, I base this on watching a lot of JR High, JV and Freshman games the last 4-5 years. I also think Versailles may be a little better. As for NB they have a ton back, but as a program they have never been able to sustain success for more than one season, so we shall see.

It wasn't just fans picking FR to be near the top of the league. Coaches poll by the Daily Standard had Fort Recovery as one of the top 4 teams in the MAC with Anna, Coldwater and Minster.

Do you really think they should have had us ahead of New Bremen? They beat us last year and were better this year. And not picking ML up there???? Not Forts fault they under-rated those teams.

Do you really think they should have had us ahead of New Bremen? They beat us last year and were better this year. And not picking ML up there???? Not Forts fault they under-rated those teams.
Coaches thought so, before the season started I thought FR would be a top 4 team to. Hindsight is always 20/20 and it is easy to criticize someone's picks. What was your picks before the season started last year ?

I'm not criticizing last years picks. I'm saying you can't really say FR underachieved when they lost to teams that made the playoffs and all were probably favored to beat them. I mean you all picked FR ahead of NB, but NB beat them the year before and had just as many players back as FR. They picked them over ML....so FR underachieved because the State Champions beat them???

I certainly don't think they have the talent to win the MAC next year. Good enough skill players at a couple positions, but lacking at way too many other positions.

For as bad as your list was last year, this one makes a lot more sense!
A couple of observations: was Coldwater’s stumble at the end of the season foreshadowing a program downturn? I doubt it, I think the kids realized they couldn’t beat Anna and kind of packed it in, but it will be worth watching.
I think Anna may fall off a little more than this, I base this on watching a lot of JR High, JV and Freshman games the last 4-5 years. I also think Versailles may be a little better. As for NB they have a ton back, but as a program they have never been able to sustain success for more than one season, so we shall see.
Yea last years list was quite laughable! As far as CW is concerned, we'll be loaded at the skill positions. We have to replace 3 lineman on the O and D lines. If we can have people step up from JV ball, we should be fine.

Yea last years list was quite laughable! As far as CW is concerned, we'll be loaded at the skill positions. We have to replace 3 lineman on the O and D lines. If we can have people step up from JV ball, we should be fine.
Any QB's waiting in the wings for next year?

Thank you for your kind words.

DSJ was 8-5 and regional runner-up to state champion Minster in 2017.
DSJ is the smallest football school in the MAC. But if you look at the scores of DSJ's games vs. the MAC and the scores of those MAC teams in the playoffs, DSJ doesn't look so bad. Of the top eight teams in our region this year, we probably could have beaten four of them. Put any school our size in the MAC and you'll likely get similar results. Coach Schulte hasn't forgotten how to coach, he just doesn't have the horses the rest of the MAC has every year.

Thank you for your kind words.

DSJ was 8-5 and regional runner-up to state champion Minster in 2017.
DSJ is the smallest football school in the MAC. But if you look at the scores of DSJ's games vs. the MAC and the scores of those MAC teams in the playoffs, DSJ doesn't look so bad. Of the top eight teams in our region this year, we probably could have beaten four of them. Put any school our size in the MAC and you'll likely get similar results. Coach Schulte hasn't forgotten how to coach, he just doesn't have the horses the rest of the MAC has every year.
i’m not denying you. every school in the MAC is probably beating all of those Cincy schools. but if they are that small and if they don’t get back to competitiveness in a couple years, i would start to look in to other options. it is just doing your due diligence. good luck to DSJ and o want nothing but the best for them!

Week 2, Minster is playing at Cincinnati Woodward.
what div are they? so the cats will be playing just 4 home games and 6 away games next year...…… I hope the Cats got some money from Covington for getting out of a agreement....... is there a site to see who has open dates next year on their schedule?