Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

MAC Picks for final week of league play :

MSSJ Blue Jays 35 - DSJ Privates 0 Flyers Off. stuck in mud, CJK might get his wish, the frosh Otte may be seeing more varsity time at rb.
Buzzards 49 - Shelby Rockets 0
Redbirds 26 - Dark County Macsters 20
Skins 27 - Portland Indians 26
Egypt Cats 22 - Rockshire 6

Doing my best IB impression. Season flu by like a bat virus.

Last edited:
Haha! Gave me a good laugh there SnS and SC12! Great job!

As for my game. The way we played after half was... well I think it goes without say. I'm already a pessimist with the teams I root for (all levels, all sports) but FR kinda solidified my stance.
-The FR Seniors potential was never reached and plateaued 2 years ago.
-Indians really enjoy gifting their opponents turnovers like a sappy Hallmark Christmas movie your mom and wife love.
-No Defense.
-The "high powered offense" peters out against formidable opponents.
-Don't know how to win close games.

As for Versailles...
TIGERBALL IS BACK

I know this doesn’t pertain with 2020, but according to arbiter, Marion Local dropped the Indian Hill game and is now traveling to Wapakoneta week 1 next year in the first of a home and home series!
Hopefully this becomes a long time series. ML will now have 6 road games next season, wonder if IH balked at making the long road trip to BFE.

Have any of the teams in the MAC ever gone to a complete spread offense? From what I've seen on NFHS it looks like mostly traditional offensive systems.

I'm not even from the area. I watched St. Henry dominate a Spencerville team a couple years ago when St. Henry was nothing special, and I was told Spencerville was going to win. I don't have MAC blinders I'm just telling you what I see from an outside point of view. If they end up playing, and Spencerville impresses me, then I will change opinion. Until that point I'm rolling with what I know.
Dominate? That was a hell of a game! Lol. And that year was St. Henry's best team in years and years. I believe some said they would have had a shot at state in a different D6 region that year. You may not have blinders on, but anyone calling for DSJ to play Crestview or Spencerville in that region does.

We should see the draw Thursday night/Friday morning. It'll be neat to see who everyone gets matched against. D7 should be exciting. I think D6 has Coldwater and then everyone else. Small sample size, but Coldwater looks dominant.

Have any of the teams in the MAC ever gone to a complete spread offense? From what I've seen on NFHS it looks like mostly traditional offensive systems.

Well in the past Coldwater has been a majority spread offense and Versailles was complete spread during the Olwin years not too long ago. Beyond that I guess Fort Recovery is the closest thing now in the MAC to a complete spread offense.

I figured majority 1 back and throws a lot is what he meant. Not the Kenton 5 wide type of spread.

Yeah. It could actually be either. I'm just curious because around my school you'd think running some form of the spread is the only way to attract kids to your program and to win in 2020. It's quite humorous actually.

Last edited:
It does? I wouldn't describe Minster, Versailles, New Bremen, Anna, DSJ or Marion Local that way. I'm just referencing the MAC.
It describes Delphos St. John's, especially this year. And in year's past it would definitely describe Minster, Versailles, and at times Marion Local.

Fort Recovery has absolutely been a spread team in the past. Coldwater has been almost exclusively spread for 20 years. Parkway has been a spread team for the past 10 years or so.

It describes Delphos St. John's, especially this year. And in year's past it would definitely describe Minster, Versailles, and at times Marion Local.

Fort Recovery has absolutely been a spread team in the past. Coldwater has been almost exclusively spread for 20 years. Parkway has been a spread team for the past 10 years or so.

Just to be clear, I'm talking exclusively spread. Not a spread package that's one of many formations.

Last edited:
MInster Has been in shotgun 99.9% of the time, with one back or no backs..... haven't had two backs at all under Stokes and under Moore either.....
But Minster also doesn't throw it around like a spread team either. They are a run first dominated offense.

ALL spread offenses have different formations...

Understood. But I'm not talking about an offense that goes to a spread formation on 3rd & 12 but is in double tights, power I, etc. the other 90% of the game. For example, Marion Local runs multiple formations, including spread formations. Sometimes it seems like they are in a different formation every play. I would not consider them a spread team at all.

I'm talking about teams that run spread basically every down. It can be 2X2 or 3X1 or 5-wide or whatever. Like StateChampion said, Coldwater is spread 98% of the game. That's what I'm asking.

Understood. But I'm not talking about an offense that goes to a spread formation on 3rd & 12 but is in double tights, power I, etc. the other 90% of the game. For example, Marion Local runs multiple formations, including spread formations. Sometimes it seems like they are in a different formation every play. I would not consider them a spread team at all.

I'm talking about teams that run spread basically every down. It can be 2X2 or 3X1 or 5-wide or whatever. Like StateChampion said, Coldwater is spread 98% of the game. That's what I'm asking.
Minster is that....

But Minster also doesn't throw it around like a spread team either. They are a run first dominated offense.
last year Niemeyer threw for over 1,900 yards, Roetgerman caught just over 1,000 yards and Schmitmeyer ran for over 1,500 yards.... 2211 rushing and 1945 passing yards... so about 50/50, i would say Coldwater was like that , the Fort, probably more passing yards.