Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

PantherSkin

CK nights - you are right, I don’t think anyone has heard Ada’s AD or coach say they are scared of NB. But the facts are they got beat by 30 this year, their JV got beat even worse the next day and then they asked out of the contract. Those are facts, people can take it for what it’s worth. As far as flexing, I think the MAC does that on the field, facts: this year - 5 playoff teams, 3 regional finalists and 2 state championships. Let us know when your little conference wants to flex like that, against sisters of the poor or anyone else.

ghsknightsfan

I understand both cases with both Covington and Ada. while it was probably wrong for Covington to drop Minster, it was most likely a loss and it's hard to pass up playing a rival in Milton. The MAC will be back on the schedule regularly in 2021.

with Ada- a struggling program like Ada does not need to be playing New Bremen. I heard Bradford is open, being Ada, why not schedule the railroaders?

no one likes having to fill a game on short notice but in some scenarios, it's not the worst thing.

StateChampion2012

with Ada- a struggling program like Ada does not need to be playing New Bremen. I heard Bradford is open, being Ada, why not schedule the railroaders?

no one likes having to fill a game on short notice but in some scenarios, it's not the worst thing.
Has Ada fallen that far that Bradford is an option?

thavoice

As if one more game vs NB was going to harm the Ada program. It hasnt been that long since they were good, was it?
No offense to NB, but it is not like Ada is facing a D1 powerhouse that would physically, and possibly emotionally, hurt the team.

Ada....
PUNK.
MOVE>

cknights

CK nights - you are right, I don’t think anyone has heard Ada’s AD or coach say they are scared of NB. But the facts are they got beat by 30 this year, their JV got beat even worse the next day and then they asked out of the contract. Those are facts, people can take it for what it’s worth. As far as flexing, I think the MAC does that on the field, facts: this year - 5 playoff teams, 3 regional finalists and 2 state championships. Let us know when your little conference wants to flex like that, against sisters of the poor or anyone else.
Exactly. No one has verified that Ada dropped a game because of getting beat by 30. That happened all year last year and by bigger margins in the NWC. 44, 51, 51, 42, etc. were margins of loss in conference. Further, the NWC has to schedule 3 OOC games, so it makes no sense to drop a game without a very very good cause. This board is WAY TOO QUICK to jump to conclusions. I don't compare conference games to non conference, but if Ada was hurting that bad, they would have bowed out of the NWC. NB couldn't or refused to put it on them like Ada's conference foes. They didn't flex. Lol.

As far as flexing goes.......read back a few pages. There was a discussion on ML. I was making an off the cuff joke at a poster who didn't like flexing comments against OOC opponents that I made.

ReadyKnightsFan

To be fair...
2010 NB 2-8
2011 NB 0-10
2012 NB 2-8
2013 SH 4-6
2014 SH 6-4
2015 SH 6-4
2016 SH 8-4
2017 Minster 11-4; SH 6-4
2018 Minster 8-4; SH 9-3
2019 Minster 9-2; SH 1-9

Of that list, Minster is the only team that has been consistently good and beat Covington everytime. New Bremen never had a winning record, and Covington was 3-0. St. Henry has an edge on them at 4-3 but are down right now. Minster was 3-0 w/ an average winning margin of 17 points.
The statement was that Covington was scared to play the MAC. Covington has no control over how well the teams they schedule turn out. I have no dog in this fight, but Covington has consistently scheduled MAC teams is all I was stating.

WJ-OSU-STEELERS

As posted today in the Remaining Open Dates forum/topic: "Columbus Whetstone Div2 30-40 kids, looking for a ideally Home week 1, one year. Email Tom Jones HC at Tjones9692@columbus.k12.oh.us"

Here is New Breman's opportunity to fill week 1. Columbus Whetstone is a Columbus Public school located just off of 315 in the Clintonville area of town just north of Ohio State. Per Mapquest it is 87 miles from NB to Whetstone HS, about a 1 hour, 30 minute drive. A lot of restaurants near by and it's a pretty safe area. Whetston has been a D2 school the last 3 years and was DIII the two years prior to that. Whetstone's record over the last 5 seasons:
* 2019 3-7 (wins vs 3 1-9 teams) Calpreps: NB (9-4) 42-6
* 2018 3-7 (wins vs 0-10, 2-7, 2-8) Calpreps: NB (6-4) 31-6
* 2017 3-7 (wins vs 1-9, 2-8, 2-8) Calpreps: NB (3-7) 28-12
* 2016 5-5 (wins vs 4-6, two 1-9, 3-7 & 4-6) Calpreps: Whetstone 28-21 NB (2-8)
* 2015 5-5 (wins vs 4-6, 1-9, 6-4 & two 3-7) Calpreps: Whetstone 28-14 NB (1-9)

Whetstone could be DII or DIII after the count this year, Columbus Schools can fluctuate quite a bit. Whetstone has only beaten one team with a winning record in the last 5 years but they should be good for 2 to 3 wins. This would be as good or better than Ada and since they are a bigger school, would mean more computer pts (assuming NB beats Whetstone). Since NB barely made the playoffs last year (by .5 pts), more points the better. Outside of this being an away game (doubt if you could get Whetstone to travel to NB), this is a far better option than playing Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary or taking a bye....or probably beating a 0-10 to 2-8 Ada who may be DVII in 2020.