Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

Don't remember that book. Same guy who wrote Red White Friday Nights bout SH, who then moved to Minster?

Minster really struggled there for a bit. 0, 1 win seasons....

It wasn't really a book. It was probably the longest thread ever on themaconline. It also got the phrase "is it time?" banned from the site. Thread got pretty heated.

Every two years it rotates based on record.

Top team over that two year period wont play the bottom team.
Second best doesn't play the second lowest.

..and so on.

It allows teams who have fallen on some times to avoid the top teams, and the top teams the chance to schedule up.
It affords each team a chance to get a second OOC game. As I stated, when Anna added the conference went to a 9 game slate.

Parkway went 8-2 and missed the playoffs even by winning their OOC game so the MAC went to this rotating schedule.

Personally, I think it assisted Ft Recovery to their rise and allowed them to build, and same with NB right now.

Minster folk are too proud to admit it, but I think it helped them as well. Right around the time of this all happening the Cats had some historical bad records, like 0 and 1 win seasons. This easily could have helped them rebuild as quickly as they did.

Is it the team's two year overall record or the two year MAC record?

Computer/Harbing gurus...
I realize it wouldn't be exact, but what point total would if:

You take out the points for Minster on their win vs an 8-2 DVI game (Covington)?
Take out Anna's victory over a 6-4 D5 team?
NB if you take the victory away against a 6-4 D7 team?
Replace CW's win vs a 5-5 D3 team and replace it with a 3-7 DVI team (PW)

If we were just a one OOC game, I think it is safe to say NB loses MSML and is out of the playoffs.

Either Anna or Minster would have an additional loss so one would lose those points from their week 2 game.

CW def drops a little, not sure if out of the playoffs though.

If you take out the week 2 games, and assume instead (according to Calpreps):
ML over NB
Anna over Min
CW over PW
FR over DSJ
Ver over SH

Region 28:
Marion Local rises from #2 to #1
New Bremen falls from #8 to #12
Delphos St. John's stays at #23

Region 23:
Anna rises from #5 to #4
Minster falls from #4 to #8
Coldwater falls from #6 to #7
Fort Recovery rises from #16 to #15
Parkway falls from #15 to #18
St. Henry stays at #25

Haven't calculated Versailles but they are still out of the playoffs.

I do mind. Enlighten me with all the facts that I don't know. The class act would be to down the ball and run out the clock but that didn't happen. Every one tells me that if a simple tackle was made, it wouldn't have been an issue, but if St. Henry had made some tackles, Hawk probably wouldn't have been close to the record. You can't have both ways. Class is more than what you went to before football practice.
you tire me..… clueless is one thing.....but to continue to be clueless is another...have a great day!!

Every two years it rotates based on record.

Top team over that two year period wont play the bottom team.
Second best doesn't play the second lowest.

..and so on.

It allows teams who have fallen on some times to avoid the top teams, and the top teams the chance to schedule up.
It affords each team a chance to get a second OOC game. As I stated, when Anna added the conference went to a 9 game slate.

Parkway went 8-2 and missed the playoffs even by winning their OOC game so the MAC went to this rotating schedule.

Personally, I think it assisted Ft Recovery to their rise and allowed them to build, and same with NB right now.

Minster folk are too proud to admit it, but I think it helped them as well. Right around the time of this all happening the Cats had some historical bad records, like 0 and 1 win seasons. This easily could have helped them rebuild as quickly as they did.
Having Nate Moore and Coach Stokes come to Minster didn't hurt either :)

I don't think big kat said anything about Parkway's coach trying to put Hawk's name in the record book at the expense of tacking another score on SH. I did. Minster might be many things but never heard of them running up the score, obviously you differ, but lets please move on.
I have NEVER heard any of our teams not having Class...… this boys a TROLL.....

If you take out the week 2 games, and assume instead (according to Calpreps):
ML over NB
Anna over Min
CW over PW
FR over DSJ
Ver over SH

Region 28:
Marion Local rises from #2 to #1
New Bremen falls from #8 to #12
Delphos St. John's stays at #23

Region 23:
Anna rises from #5 to #4
Minster falls from #4 to #8
Coldwater falls from #6 to #7
Fort Recovery rises from #16 to #15
Parkway falls from #15 to #18
St. Henry stays at #25

Haven't calculated Versailles but they are still out of the playoffs.
So if we were under the old system of not rotating then NB I out, minster at the mercy of that one OOC game to keep them at 8 and CW in the same boat if Kenton didn't have as good a season as they did.

Assume Anna loses to Minster and drops their week 2 game....what happens to Anna? Thanks in advance

It’s amazing that as good as Anna obviously is, they are a 5th seed and would not have made the playoffs back in the 90s.

Listened to quite a few interviews of coaches on the radio on the way and the one question he asked to all was the OHSAA proposal to take 12 to the playoffs.
Goodwin: I don't know what I'd do wtih a bye. Never had one. Why not just skip the 12 and go to 16. Feels it would be easier to schedule.

Often: same as Goodwin as to what to do for the bye week. Says could go either way but does not oppose it

New Bremen coach. All for it.

Archbold decided to switch from last year's starting qb Brandon Taylor to untested sophomore DJ Newman right before the Patrick Henry game and moved Taylor to wide receiver. This switch made the Blue Streaks a more formidable foe as Newman was (1) a better passer (2) a better rusher and (3) showed better down the field vision.

His
Archbold decided to switch from last year's starting qb Brandon Taylor to untested sophomore DJ Newman right before the Patrick Henry game and moved Taylor to wide receiver. This switch made the Blue Streaks a more formidable foe as Newman was (1) a better passer (2) a better rusher and (3) showed better down the field vision.
His ability to extend plays was huge in this game. When a QB can get extra time it makes it difficult to cover that long.

you tire me..… clueless is one thing.....but to continue to be clueless is another...have a great day!!
Obviously Minster was clueless against Anna last night. Maybe if Minster made some "simple tackles" they could have won the game. Have a great day.

I'd say it's probably a 99% chance that they win the whole thing. Their line is massive and Riley Huelskamp and Bart Bixler are unstoppable. Pretty good for a football program that started in 2000!
Hope they can win it all. Wish we would have seen them in the regular season instead of the post season.
Hope for their sake that this winning brings out more kids to play. From talking to a few people, they are in for a few lean years after this one.