Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

Otte and Heitkamp are both listed at 170 lbs. I agree Flyers do not have much depth at receiver but he is ML's best offensive weapon.
Then shouldn't he be utilized in a place that has no dynamics like Goodwin did with Wilker a few years back? He has a couple competant backs, but his receivers need help, so wouldn't otte help spread the field there?

Then shouldn't he be utilized in a place that has no dynamics like Goodwin did with Wilker a few years back? He has a couple competant backs, but his receivers need help, so wouldn't otte help spread the field there?
Otte has how many receptions ? 8 maybe 9 that is 4 or 5 touches a game. When Wilker played at ML, the Flyers had Jacy G. than Nietfeld at tailback. plus very good o - lines luxuries they do not have this year. Maybe the rbs ML has are better than I think if not Otte needs to touch the ball more and once again ML does not have Bruns at QB.

Bahaha thats great. To be fair, the Loramie/St Henry game was a 6 point game at half.
Well thats good I guess lol.

I wasn't able to be at the game, or see the saturday paper, but Max Preps shows Stats of

St. Henry Fort Loramie
Total 124 413
Passing 79 120
Rushing 45 293

If those are real, holy cow...

ML's Otte seems to work better in space - i.e., as a receiver - than in the backfield. And I believe Heitkamp and Fleck will prove to be effective backs who can keep the chains moving. I was not at the Watterson game, but it sounds like ML moved the ball fairly well. The current position assignments are probably sound - maybe limiting turnovers is the primary issue (rather than personnel changes).

I also believe Muhlenkamp will develop into a solid qb. Although Marion doesn't quite have the horses they had in recent years, this is potentially still a good D-VII team. Coldwater, Anna, and Minster may all be a step ahead of the Flyers this year, but they're all in bigger divisions too.

Anna is definitely the favorite..but I did hear that Bremen smacked around Marion in their scrimmage....
Oh yeah, I heard from several people including one from NB that the Cards held their own against the Flyers but maybe they did " smack " ML, the Cards do have some athletes.

With SH struggling this year is it possible because of the MAC rotating schedule that Coldwater and Saint Henry will not play each other the next 2 seasons.

With SH struggling this year is it possible because of the MAC rotating schedule that Coldwater and Saint Henry will not play each other the next 2 seasons.
Shouldn't last year we were both 6-2 in MAC play. I suspect Coldwater will be near the top this year again, so we will be in the middle of the pack over the two year stretch while they will be near the top.

Shouldn't last year we were both 6-2 in MAC play. I suspect Coldwater will be near the top this year again, so we will be in the middle of the pack over the two year stretch while they will be near the top.
Yeah probably not but depending on what ML does this season, Flyers and Redskins might not play each other. Not on par with CW and SH but be a shame if they would not play each other.

ML's Otte seems to work better in space - i.e., as a receiver - than in the backfield. And I believe Heitkamp and Fleck will prove to be effective backs who can keep the chains moving. I was not at the Watterson game, but it sounds like ML moved the ball fairly well. The current position assignments are probably sound - maybe limiting turnovers is the primary issue (rather than personnel changes).

I also believe Muhlenkamp will develop into a solid qb. Although Marion doesn't quite have the horses they had in recent years, this is potentially still a good D-VII team. Coldwater, Anna, and Minster may all be a step ahead of the Flyers this year, but they're all in bigger divisions too.
CJK84 you are correct. Otte is not a downhill runner. He needs to be in space so the end around and quick pass work well with him. Also keeps the deep threat alive. Stirred has either never attended a game or he doesn't know anything about football. Everything he says sounds like it was based on a newspaper clipping

Congratulations to Brody Hoying ( Coldwater ) who was MAC West Defensive Player of the week for his performance against Kentucky.
yn

wishful thinking I know but any chance the gets a look at the next level? I know he isn't of the normal demographic for the position but h seems to be having a great career up there.

one of the most dynamic players ive seen at the HS level

yn

wishful thinking I know but any chance the gets a look at the next level? I know he isn't of the normal demographic for the position but h seems to be having a great career up there.

one of the most dynamic players ive seen at the HS level
Can he play special teams?

Can he play special teams?
By the way he ran the ball, one of the most dynamic Ive ever seen in HS, I thought he would get a shot to be a return guy up there but don't think that ever happened. He did have a catastrophic knee injury early in his career that maybe prevented that.

Just a pipe dream, I suppose, but it is great seeing him do well at the next level. I recall my dad telling me when BH was in 8th grade that he was going to be one our best ever in CW and then he didn't play QB for two years , just played D I think, and then both ways his last two years and was electric.

I see where anna picked up Indian Lake next year. The Lakesters are pretty stoked about playing a MAC foe. I did give them the great news that Anna should be really down next year and the Lakers should win!

By the way he ran the ball, one of the most dynamic Ive ever seen in HS, I thought he would get a shot to be a return guy up there but don't think that ever happened. He did have a catastrophic knee injury early in his career that maybe prevented that.

Just a pipe dream, I suppose, but it is great seeing him do well at the next level. I recall my dad telling me when BH was in 8th grade that he was going to be one our best ever in CW and then he didn't play QB for two years , just played D I think, and then both ways his last two years and was electric.

I see where anna picked up Indian Lake next year. The Lakesters are pretty stoked about playing a MAC foe. I did give them the great news that Anna should be really down next year and the Lakers should win!
He played Running Back and Slot as a sophomore.