Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

Covington just agreed to join the newly formed Three Rivers Conference. They aren’t going to join the MAC.
It’s more of a culture-fit for the MAC to accept any school. Don’t blame them a bit. That was a huge factor in the formation of the TRC.
West Milton (Milton-Union), Casstown (Miami East), Bethel, Troy Christian are all Miami County schools. Northridge has a close relationship with Milton and Bethel along with East. Lehman will fit well due to geography and being an old SRC member. Riverside is the odd man in this one.
I think the MAC is perfect the way it is. Best Small school league in the state.
totally agree with you. that’s what i was getting at with Covington- they would be the next best cultural fit in the area not named FL. i know it won’t happen and i’m not saying it should. the TRC will be good for now.

Need some Mac experts to clear this up for my friend and I. Best Mac running back of all time has to be Scott schulte of Delphos right?

Need some Mac experts to clear this up for my friend and I. Best Mac running back of all time has to be Scott schulte of Delphos right?
You wont get a consensus best of all time.

DSJ has had their share with Schulte and Weber,
SH with Borgerding, Speck.
Minster with Parks.

Parkway had a guy in the early 90s, forget his name, who was fantastic.

If CW had the offense conducive to big time numbers/carries, I think Ross Homan woulda been up there with numbers.

I would have to go with either Zack Weber or Scott Schulte. Those boys were amazing. Ross was more like a quick, large full back than an actual pure agile RB.

Looks like msml bit off more than they can chew and minster was wildy overrated and the fort just doesn't have enough to hang with valley

Just shut up. Typical Coldwater fan obnoxious as hell.
Chill dude. Was trying the patented double reverse curse in hopes they all would pull out wins. Believe it or not, when the MAC losses OOC and playoff games it makes a CW win lose its luster a bit to me. I want the league to go undefeated in OOC

You wont get a consensus best of all time.

DSJ has had their share with Schulte and Weber,
SH with Borgerding, Speck.
Minster with Parks.

Parkway had a guy in the early 90s, forget his name, who was fantastic.

If CW had the offense conducive to big time numbers/carries, I think Ross Homan woulda been up there with numbers.

Greg Roebuck was the Parkway guy I think? Signed to play at Ohio Univ. but didn’t last.

Could see Weber as a maybe but Scott was a beast not chad Scott oldest one like 1991
Scott Schulte graduated in 1990 was also MAC champ in both 100 and 200. Played at Hillsdale and was in training camp in both NFL and CFL. One of main reason (got athletes to start comming out for football) DSJ went from crappy progam in late 80's to multi state champ in 90's and 00's.

Scott Schulte graduated in 1990 was also MAC champ in both 100 and 200. Played at Hillsdale and was in training camp in both NFL and CFL. One of main reason (got athletes to start comming out for football) DSJ went from crappy progam in late 80's to multi state champ in 90's and 00's.
Dsj had an unreal run there for quite awhile

I did not attend the ML-BW game, but heard that ML lost two fumbles and threw three picks - five turnovers! Hopefully the Flyers can bounce back because this one was apparently not pretty.

And Marion's performance tonight, coupled with Parkway's strong start, makes next week's matchup between the two a lot more interesting than most years. Does anyone know the last time the Panthers beat the Flyers - was it in '98 (the year before Goodwin took over)?

I did not attend the ML-BW game, but heard that ML lost two fumbles and threw three picks - five turnovers! Hopefully the Flyers can bounce back because this one was apparently not pretty.

Yeah it was basically the offense self-destructing. Looking at just the score, you'd think Watterson was just too strong but that wasn't the case. Marion probably had more rushing yards. I haven't seen the stats. They didn't push us around. Our offense just imploded on itself too often.

Looks like msml bit off more than they can chew and minster was wildy overrated and the fort just doesn't have enough to hang with valley
wildly overated? ....your thoughts on that? they just beat a very good Buccs team that will give Loramie a VERY good game..in Miami county...wish it was on SAT night...

It looks as though every MAC team is going to have at least 1 OOC win this season except for St. Henry. 15-5 or 14-6 as a league, whatever Delphos does tonight. Not too shabby.

Ft. Recovery, oh so close. I was listening to it at the end, it sounded like they had their chances at the end, but stupid penalties kill every time it seems.
I also went back and forth between St. Henry and Marion. Marion just had a bad game. I don't think that score is any indication on what kind of team they have. They just had a bad game with a bunch of turnovers. I lost count of how many turnovers they had. I look for them to bounce back this week.

Ended it with an instant classic on the WBL side with the Wapak and St. Marys thriller. Two favorites for the WBL title going into overtime. It doesn't get any better than that.

Lot's of good games last night. Congrats to the rest of the MAC.

And Marion's performance tonight, coupled with Parkway's strong start, makes next week's matchup between the two a lot more interesting than most years. Does anyone know the last time the Panthers beat the Flyers - was it in '98 (the year before Goodwin took over)?
Yes I believe so but most ML fans knew this was going to be an off year and maybe next season as well. Need more than just coaching also need some horses.

Bishop Watterson dressed only 36 players against ML (apparently most of their freshman do not dress for varsity games - only three frosh were listed on the roster for this game).

Anyway, with only 36 players, BW had a head coach and 22 assistant coaches - wow!! Bob Hoying is one of the assistants.

Last edited:
This weeks ranking take them fwiw :
1. Coldwater
2. Minster
3. Anna
4. Fort Recovery
5. Marion Local
6. New Bremen
7. Parkway
8. Versailles
9. DSJ
10. Saint Henry
My own personal observations so far early in the season : The top 3 have gone through unscathed with Minster having some close games but has played better competition than CW or Anna. Fort Recovery : every football season I think this going to be the year for the Indians but they always come up short against good teams would not surprise me if the Indians do not make the play offs despite having what I personally think is a very talented team. New Bremen has a very bright future with some good skilled talent and a bigger roster to work with. Parkway has 2 good skilled players in Rich and Hawk but not much depth. ML is not reloading but in a rebuilding mode, Versailles ( how do you lose to Celina ) DSJ and SH bringing up the rear.

Last edited:
If the Cards can develop a passing game, look out for their offense. Hays playing QB is a good running QB, and Dicke is going to be very good at rb. Future looks bright for NB.
#28 Zach Bertke is a good running back also. I'm pretty sure both he and Hays are juniors - Dicke might be also. And you're right about the passing game - NB was inconsistent vs Ansonia last night through the air.

I feel as if NB is a playoff-caliber team for D-VII - they have 55 or so boys and the talent to move the ball on the ground.

Stirred - Anna might be #2. Regardless, I'm guessing there's a pretty big gap between Coldwater and everybody else.

Stirred - Anna might be #2. Regardless, I'm guessing there's a pretty big gap between Coldwater and everybody else.

I'd put Anna #2 as well, at least for now. I think Marion Local will beat Parkway, Versailles, DSJ and St. Henry to go 5-5. Doubtful they get that 6th win.