Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

Versailles just seems lost as a program.
I was at the Coldwater/Celina scrimmage two Fridays ago, and Celina didn't show me anything.

Not trying to look ahead. But sorry Versailles, if you can't beat Celina, you have ZERO chance against Coldwater next week. Just saying.

I'd be afraid to pick Versailles at this point. I realize that they're playing Delphos Jefferson, but Celina? Really?
Delphos Jefferson's program has flat lined. I'm really not sure why? This is probably the easiest win for Versailles and if they don't win, I'll be at a loss for words.

Delphos Jefferson's program has flat lined. I'm really not sure why? This is probably the easiest win for Versailles and if they don't win, I'll be at a loss for words.
when a Jefferson Grad< Sommers left Jefferson where he was the HC to go to Spencerville....there has got to be some FIRE in that SMOKE

Agreed. Versailles should win this week. Just looking at their schedule, they could go 1-9. Parkway, New Bremen and Delphos, and I don't see them winning any of those games. They're not beating Coldwater, Anna, Marion Local, Minster, or Ft. Recovery. Not a good start for their new coach.

Agreed. Versailles should win this week. Just looking at their schedule, they could go 1-9. Parkway, New Bremen and Delphos, and I don't see them winning any of those games. They're not beating Coldwater, Anna, Marion Local, Minster, or Ft. Recovery. Not a good start for their new coach.
We'll know a little more in a couple weeks. Certainly its possible for them to go 1-9. Personally I think they'll now go 2-8 with wins over Jefferson and maybe St. Johns.

SNS rankings after week 1 :
1. Coldwater : Does Kenton enjoy starting 0 - 1 every year ? Bring on the Riders.
2. Fort Recovery : Will know more about the Indians after this week's titanic struggle against the View.
3. Minster : Good win vs. Fort Loramie
4. Anna
5. Marion Local : Best of the also rans.
6. New Bremen : With a little luck the Cards could make the play offs.
7. DSJ : Is Elida really bad or is DSJ better than most think.
8. Parkway : As long as Hawk stays healthy the Panthers will stay out of the cellar.
9. Versailles : Should have gave the keys of the village to Gecewich.
10. St. Henry : No shame to losing to Covington but almost by 30 pts. Get ready for bball.

Elida returns a lot of players and is supposed to be one of their strongest teams ever, but we’ll see
Ever? I don't think you have to go back to far to the class of 2012 with Mc adams and poling with a trip to the state semi finals. Much less if you go back to the to the Orange crush days in the 80's with Ron Jackson's Defense. Or prior to Elida joining the WBL. in the NWC. Was it the 45 team that went undefeated and unscored upon? Anyways, I get what you're saying. Elida is supposed to be improved over last season. They can typically score but no D.

Ever? I don't think you have to go back to far to the class of 2012 with Mc adams and poling with a trip to the state semi finals. Much less if you go back to the to the Orange crush days in the 80's with Ron Jackson's Defense. Or prior to Elida joining the WBL. in the NWC. Was it the 45 team that went undefeated and unscored upon? Anyways, I get what you're saying. Elida is supposed to be improved over last season. They can typically score but no D.

I didn’t mean strongest by best, i meant strongest by actual strength. They broke a ton of weight room records over the offseason. Not sure how good those records are, i just saw it on twitter.

SNS rankings after week 1 :
1. Coldwater : Does Kenton enjoy starting 0 - 1 every year ? Bring on the Riders.
2. Fort Recovery : Will know more about the Indians after this week's titanic struggle against the View.
3. Minster : Good win vs. Fort Loramie
4. Anna
5. Marion Local : Best of the also rans.
6. New Bremen : With a little luck the Cards could make the play offs.
7. DSJ : Is Elida really bad or is DSJ better than most think.
8. Parkway : As long as Hawk stays healthy the Panthers will stay out of the cellar.
9. Versailles : Should have gave the keys of the village to Gecewich.
10. St. Henry : No shame to losing to Covington but almost by 30 pts. Get ready for bball.
Is Anna 4th because nobody still really knows too much about them? All I've been hearing is that they're league favorites.

How about your Flyers start playing the Riders instead?

Is Anna 4th because nobody still really knows too much about them? All I've been hearing is that they're league favorites.

How about your Flyers start playing the Riders instead?
The top 4 teams IMO are interchangeable until more games are played. We will know a little bit more after this weekend.
No way no how does St. Marys schedule little rinky dink D - 7 the local yoco's from Marion Local, would never happen.

Am I the only one that finds it bizarre looking at this preview and seeing highlights from 2015

Odd indeed, but I'm sure this is WOSN learning how to live in the post-Andy Lynch world. The anchors are still relatively new and learning the ropes.
It's crazy how different the crew looks in a matter of 5-6 years.

Odd indeed, but I'm sure this is WOSN learning how to live in the post-Andy Lynch world. The anchors are still relatively new and learning the ropes.
It's crazy how different the crew looks in a matter of 5-6 years.
its a great Channel.....it has done a wonderful job of covering local HS sports.....

i would like to hear your guys possible expansion ideas for the MAC. not being from MAC land, you guys know a lot more than i do. I'm not saying they even need to expand. but by chance, do you think Fort Loramie and Covington make this league better?

i would like to hear your guys possible expansion ideas for the MAC. not being from MAC land, you guys know a lot more than i do. I'm not saying they even need to expand. but by chance, do you think Fort Loramie and Covington make this league better?
I can answer for all of MAC-land.

No.

An emphatic NO.

The ONLY acceptable outcome is adding Fort Loramie ONLY if they agree to join in all sports, but only if Anna is invited to join in all, and declines knowing the ramifications.

Last edited:
The MAC won't be looking for another member unless a member leaves except for what voice said in his last sentence.

As long as St Johns is in the league, Covington wont even be mentioned. The travel in all sports would be too much.

The MAC won't be looking for another member unless a member leaves except for what voice said in his last sentence.

As long as St Johns is in the league, Covington wont even be mentioned. The travel in all sports would be too much.
i looked up the distance and you’re right. that makes me think about why they are even in the league with travel that far? Covington isn’t THAT far from Versailles so it must be a nightmare drive for them

I can answer for all of MAC-land.

No.

An emphatic NO.

The ONLY acceptable outcome is adding Fort Loramie ONLY if they agree to join in all sports, but only if Anna is invited to join in all, and declines knowing the ramifications.
Agreed. Definite Hell no to Covington. Still would rather have Ft. Loramie, but I understand you kind of have to give Anna first dibs in this scenario.

i looked up the distance and you’re right. that makes me think about why they are even in the league with travel that far? Covington isn’t THAT far from Versailles so it must be a nightmare drive for them
As it is set up, I don't know of many conferecnes who have shorter drives routinely than the mac, but I could be wrong.

As it is set up, I don't know of many conferecnes who have shorter drives routinely than the mac, but I could be wrong.
for the most part, yes. but the delphos schools and parkway are too far out. covington isn’t a bad fit for the most part but wouldn’t be competitive in enough sports i think

Covington just agreed to join the newly formed Three Rivers Conference. They aren’t going to join the MAC.
It’s more of a culture-fit for the MAC to accept any school. Don’t blame them a bit. That was a huge factor in the formation of the TRC.
West Milton (Milton-Union), Casstown (Miami East), Bethel, Troy Christian are all Miami County schools. Northridge has a close relationship with Milton and Bethel along with East. Lehman will fit well due to geography and being an old SRC member. Riverside is the odd man in this one.
I think the MAC is perfect the way it is. Best Small school league in the state.

MAC Games this week :
ML vs Watterson : I will go with the Bishops
SH vs Fort Loramie : FL
Minster vs Covington : Minster
Parkway vs Spencerville : Parkway
New Bremen vs Ansonia : NB
DSJ vs LCC : LCC
Anna vs Brookville : Anna
Versailles vs Delphos Jefferson : Versailles
Fort Recovery vs Valley View : FR
Coldwater vs Mt. Healthy : CW
Those would be my picks. Toughest one being ML. If what the Flyer folks say is true, they could have their hands full this week. How's Marion's size upfront? Are they having to play quick up front kind of like CW typically does due to lack of size? If so, then yeah, the Flyers might not be used to that style.

Our offensive line goes 185,185,200,205, with 5th starter kinda a rotation to find the right combo i think with
230, 220, and 230....Somewhat lighter than years past..