Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

I’m excited for that scrimmage for two reasons
1. I want to see how good Coldwater will be and if they will win the MAC
2. Kaeck won’t be playing and i want to see how well Wapak will look without him.
how long is Thor :) out? they holding him out until the season starts or will it be later then that

I’m excited for that scrimmage for two reasons
1. I want to see how good Coldwater will be and if they will win the MAC
2. Kaeck won’t be playing and i want to see how well Wapak will look without him.
1. I think the league is as wide open as its ever been this season but I believe It'll be between Minster, Anna, Fort, and us if we catch some breaks and stay healthy. If we suffer injuries on defense forget it.

2. That's a good thing for our defense!

How’d the Coldwater scrimmage go today?
I watched an hour of it. I think we competed alright. One thing I noticed that I liked was Myles Blasingame was taking reps at Running Back and was running people over. Big plus! I was also told his younger brother, Marcel who is a freshman, was doing the same thing after I left. Defensively we're still trying to work the kinks out. Its the first scrimmage. We got two more to go.

I watched an hour of it. I think we competed alright. One thing I noticed that I liked was Myles Blasingame was taking reps at Running Back and was running people over. Big plus! I was also told his younger brother, Marcel who is a freshman, was doing the same thing after I left. Defensively we're still trying to work the kinks out. Its the first scrimmage. We got two more to go.

I’m not sure if you watched the beginning or the end. In the beginning the refs were telling the Wapak defenders to not tackle, but the Coldwater running backs still ran hard so a few times Wapak players got ran over. It wasn’t really live until they got onto the game field. At that point both defensive lines were more physical and dominated the offensive lines. Wapak’s offense definitely hurt without Kaeck. All the other running backs are small, i don’t think any of them are over 5’7” or 180 pounds. The offensive line didn’t play well either. When the teams went red zone situation, Wapak scored twice and Coldwater scored 3 times, though i think at least 2 of Coldwater’s scored were in the Wapak second team. When they went down and distance, neither team scored but Coldwater drove the ball much better than Wapak.

I’m not sure if you watched the beginning or the end. In the beginning the refs were telling the Wapak defenders to not tackle, but the Coldwater running backs still ran hard so a few times Wapak players got ran over. It wasn’t really live until they got onto the game field. At that point both defensive lines were more physical and dominated the offensive lines. Wapak’s offense definitely hurt without Kaeck. All the other running backs are small, i don’t think any of them are over 5’7” or 180 pounds. The offensive line didn’t play well either. When the teams went red zone situation, Wapak scored twice and Coldwater scored 3 times, though i think at least 2 of Coldwater’s scored were in the Wapak second team. When they went down and distance, neither team scored but Coldwater drove the ball much better than Wapak.
Beginning and I knew they weren't supposed to tackle. It was nice just to see someone be able to run over somebody even if it was in that situation. I don't look too much in this first scrimmage. Or in the one vs Greenville next week. What I do care about is how the kids competed and I think we did well from what I saw.

How’s wapak size up front this year with losing almost every starter? They usually are very physical and big

One of the times coldwater was still rotating in, but that is still coldwaters fault I guess for not being ready

How’s wapak size up front this year with losing almost every starter? They usually are very physical and big

That might describe the opposite of the offensive line this year. 3 of the 5 are around 200 pounds or less. They aren’t very physical or quick either. They have a lot of work to do.

One of the times coldwater was still rotating in, but that is still coldwaters fault I guess for not being ready

I feel like the scrimmage would have been better without any officials. They did not do a good job at all. One of the plays the sideline ref marked the receiver short of the first down by maybe a foot but another ref gave Coldwater the first down. Wapak’s coaches tried arguing the call, and the ref said “it’s just a scrimmage.” Well if it’s only a scrimmage just get rid of the flags and go coach a midget football game.

I thought both defenses outshined the offenses. I thought when CW went to their 4 down lineman they got consistent pressure in the back field however some of that was with stunting LB's. Cw offense was ok. You see the athletes and there were times plays were made but it also looked off in regards to timing with qb/WR. I think Myles will be featured but not so much today and why should he? He had a nice read on the read option he took to the house untouched. This scrimmage was not conducive for CW running the ball as it was touch for QB and the QB run looks to be a main staple. Thought Hemmelgarn did a nice job extending plays. Need some skill players to step up and not just make plays but score! Defensively, I think Wapak was hindered offensively so Im not real sure the CW defense was challenged as well as they could have been. But I still think CW is a better 4-4 team at least when playing against "12" or more personnel. Biggest licks of the day goes to blasingame... Marcel that is with 2 punishing runs. Looking forward to good things from him.

I feel like the scrimmage would have been better without any officials. They did not do a good job at all. One of the plays the sideline ref marked the receiver short of the first down by maybe a foot but another ref gave Coldwater the first down. Wapak’s coaches tried arguing the call, and the ref said “it’s just a scrimmage.” Well if it’s only a scrimmage just get rid of the flags and go coach a midget football game.
I could not agree more

I thought both defenses outshined the offenses. I thought when CW went to their 4 down lineman they got consistent pressure in the back field however some of that was with stunting LB's. Cw offense was ok. You see the athletes and there were times plays were made but it also looked off in regards to timing with qb/WR. I think Myles will be featured but not so much today and why should he? He had a nice read on the read option he took to the house untouched. This scrimmage was not conducive for CW running the ball as it was touch for QB and the QB run looks to be a main staple. Thought Hemmelgarn did a nice job extending plays. Need some skill players to step up and not just make plays but score! Defensively, I think Wapak was hindered offensively so Im not real sure the CW defense was challenged as well as they could have been. But I still think CW is a better 4-4 team at least when playing against "12" or more personnel. Biggest licks of the day goes to blasingame... Marcel that is with 2 punishing runs. Looking forward to good things from him.
Gone are the days when the older guys got so much playing time that practices were basically for the younger guys. Things like closer games and a running clock have changed all of that. You'd think with having most of the o-line back, as well as your starting QB, the Cavs could be business as usual. But obviously, they still need to gel. Time will tell.

What's the purpose of having 2 to 3 official scrimmages/jamborees/etc? I'm accustomed to 1 the week before the season starts.

What's the purpose of hav1 ing 2 to 3 official scrimmages/jamborees/etc? I'm accustomed to 1 the week before the season starts.
1 is too few, 3 is too many.
In reality the first is a glorified practice vs another team. As for officials, it's their preseason as well