Middletown Middies 2012

allsportsman

I know there are some Middie fans out there and also some fans of other schools who may wonder if they need to be worried about the Middies this year. The short answer is no.
The Middies are missing Juan Cummings (moved to Mason), Jalin Marshall, Zach Edwards, Frank Frazier, and Kevin Henderson. I saw Pooh and Cody Q a couple of times but don't think they are running. I saw Lance Johnson a couple of times but he hasn't ran in a meet yet.
This year's team is young and working hard but you just can't lose all that ability and not feel it. The distance guys have been a weakness of late but are looking a little better this year.
The good news is at the middle school. The 8th grade is full of athletes. I really think these guys will do well in just about all the events. The even have a good 800 runner and possibly a good 1600 guy. In the sprints they are really deep. Several of these kids did not play hoops and a couple made the team mainly for their athleticism so maybe Middie track will be rising again in a couple of years.
Guys doing decent at the high school this year have been: Chance Sorrell 10 (discus), Preston Kirk 9 (shot, discuss), Eli Proffit 10 (800, 1600), Will Parsons 10 (1600), Thomas Wilkerson 12 (LJ, sprints), Rueben Phillips 10 (pole vault, LJ), Andre MacDonald 12 (shot), and Andy Bowyer 12 (1600, 3200).
Anyone know why so many guys are not running this year?

bring back Horton and dalton

hey, not sure where they're at, but maybe a blast from the past could help revive this group, it is sad to see Middletown not mentioned as one of the top schools anymore...

hey, not sure where they're at, but maybe a blast from the past could help revive this group, it is sad to see Middletown not mentioned as one of the top schools anymore...

I don't know about Coach Floyd but Coach Dalton is coaching at the middle school for the second year. I don't know much about the present coaches but they seem enthusiastic.

Wow what happened to Middie track? Marshall was on pace to be a heck of a high jumper and their sprints were always loaded. I still remember that 4x1 that broke the state record think they won the race by at least 20 meters