Michigan will beat ohio state

Also says mostly sunny too. If we can get 50 and dry, game on and Harbaugh weeps

A chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

If Corum is 90% or greater this will be a battle. One score win for the Buckeyes. If Corum doesn't play or plays hobbled (like 1st half Treyvon) OSU makes Michigan look like Michigan State

the forecast keeps getting better for Buckeye fans. Now the rain is pushed to the late afternoon. Noonish looks like 50, light wind and no rain.
Good, no one wants to hear a bunch of whining about the weather if and when Michigan wins.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Good, no one wants to hear a bunch of whining about the weather if and when Michigan wins.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
I'm impartial, but weather has alot to do with this game. Last year, on a cold, snowy field in Ann Arbor, the team with more speed was neutralized. Ohio State should try to move this game up to September or early October.
We'll know early on how the game may play out. If Michigan can run the ball effectively, that will set the tone for the game. If Michigan can't, it's going to be a long day for the Blue.

The injury report matters a ton for UM with how they play offensively. Corum, Edwards, and Schoonmaker are all huge injuries for them even if they can go. Their offense is heavily run-oriented with short to moderate level passing mixed in, using a good dosage of TEs and RBs in the passing game.

I don't think they can tolerate added stress on the QB and WRs to make plays. Whether it's talent, the scheme, or both, McCarthy and the WRs haven't been going out and winning the game offensively for them with their playmaking.

As if the Buckeyes have not had injuries all season long to their top offensive skill position players.

We're missing one of the best receivers in college football, and our RBs have been in and out all year long.
Superior depth and an embarrassment of skill position riches.

Interesting to note. Harbaugh finally 'confessed' to his "third base" comment on a Detroit radio show. "It was definitely a counterpunch by me to the comment that they're going to hang 100 on us, etc." He went on to say, "But the fact is, I think Ryan Day is a great coach. You can see it week after week with his team. He's as good a coach as there is in football."

He's really toning down the rhetoric this week, even with his comments from his presser yesterday. Makes one wonder if he knows more about potential injury impact this weekend than he'll let on at this point. :unsure:

I'm impartial, but weather has alot to do with this game. Last year, on a cold, snowy field in Ann Arbor, the team with more speed was neutralized. Ohio State should try to move this game up to September or early October.
We'll know early on how the game may play out. If Michigan can run the ball effectively, that will set the tone for the game. If Michigan can't, it's going to be a long day for the Blue.
Klatt made a suggestion on his podcast a few weeks ago saying they should look to move it because the past couple season's it has turned into an elimination game. Loser gets left out of the Playoff. If one beats the other in October, they would be able recover and potentially get back to the 4 in November. Moot point moving to 12, but was an interesting, albeit controversial idea for the Buckeye and Wolverine fans I'm sure.

Klatt made a suggestion on his podcast a few weeks ago saying they should look to move it because the past couple season's it has turned into an elimination game. Loser gets left out of the Playoff. If one beats the other in October, they would be able recover and potentially get back to the 4 in November. Moot point moving to 12, but was an interesting, albeit controversial idea for the Buckeye and Wolverine fans I'm sure.
As it should be. If you don’t win your conference championship you don’t belong in the CFP.

Putting this rivalry game earlier in the year only makes sense to me if they put them in opposite divisions. Then the loser could still play in the conference championship.

The weather didn't neutralize OSU, it was the terrible defense that did that. Stroud still threw for 400 yds. Problem was UM scored on every possession in the 2nd half.

If we knew for sure Michigan was going to be good year after year, then yes, right now this version of Michigan is like a flash in the pan. Can they continue to reload, or are they going to fall back again.

Some interesting and illogical comments on this thread. Here is some truth:

Last year OSU was overconfident and not physically as strong as UM, and got whipped. That is different now. Buckeyes OL and DL are improved and motivated. Chambers and Eichenberg are rock solid LBs. Look out.

If UM uses Corum's injury as an excuse (either because he misses or is not 100%), OSU can easily counter with Njigba-Smith missing and Henderson/Williams both being well below 100%. Only babies use injuries as an excuse. Maybe Harbaugh should recruit more depth.

Having said all that, OSU fans like me should not be overconfident. UM is a really good team, and anything can happen in a big rivalry. But barring a CJ Stroud injury, it should be something like OSU 34 - UM 20.

Let's go.

Some interesting and illogical comments on this thread. Here is some truth:

Last year OSU was overconfident and not physically as strong as UM, and got whipped. That is different now. Buckeyes OL and DL are improved and motivated. Chambers and Eichenberg are rock solid LBs. Look out.

If UM uses Corum's injury as an excuse (either because he misses or is not 100%), OSU can easily counter with Njigba-Smith missing and Henderson/Williams both being well below 100%. Only babies use injuries as an excuse. Maybe Harbaugh should recruit more depth.

Having said all that, OSU fans like me should not be overconfident. UM is a really good team, and anything can happen in a big rivalry. But barring a CJ Stroud injury, it should be something like OSU 34 - UM 20.

Let's go.
I could see that as a score. In my opinion, Ohio State is the better team and they are at home. Now, as I said earlier, if Michigan can establish the running game -with or without Corum - that will be telling. Also, Michigan will have to get pressure on Stroud and not allow him to settle in. Just when you think the Buckeye are an elite team, the Northwestern/ Maryland games pop up and suddenly you're not so sure. Michigan has had a few clunkers as well. Big question - has Ohio State played a complete 4 quarter game against a good team this year? No. They danced round with Notre Dame to start the season. Penn State was leading with 9 minutes to go and even in a few of the cupcake games, they've kept teams around for 2-3 quarters. Now I don't think Michigan can win a blowout type game, they aren't built that way. But as we see in these games, they just need to stay in the game and if you get to the 4th with a lead or down a score, all bets are off.

The College Football Nerds did their data analytic heavy breakdown and they said the way you beat tOSU in 2022 is with a solid vertical passing game on the outside, something Maryland has and UM really doesn't have. Thinking about it they are right, Penn State had their success with big plays on the outside to WRs that broke off long TD runs. Not much over the middle and all the way back to week 1 Mayer didn't go crazy against this defense. Harbough might be wise to try and see if they can ride JJ in this one.

I also saw Nicole Aurbach do a deep dive into the tOSU v Maryland game and she talked about all the speed and top rated WRs the Terps have on the outside along with Tua's brother chucking nice passes to them. They also got back a couple OL for tOSU that helped keep the pocket fairly clean, she thinks they are a program to keep an eye on for 2023.