Michigan Tunnel Controversies

cmonman

Two weeks ago Penn State made a big whoopie doo about the Michigan tunnel and this week they said they "beefed up" security before the MSU game. Now, sounds like another "incident" happened with MSU v. Michigan players. Could be nothing, but definitely an "issue/concern."

The stadium has been there nearly 100 years - I"m "guessing" the same tunnel has been used. Yes, I've been in that tunnel as a media personnel twice and its very small and surprisingly close to home/visitor lockerrooms; however, why is it that its just now (2022) that this is becoming more and more of a concern?

I'm still confused about last night as well. I saw MSU players leave before the half and the officials kept Michigan players on the field until after MSU players got to their lockerroom....then, the female announcer on the field said there was some jawing/etc. going on in the tunnel at the half. Afterwards, State players were in the lockerroom and Michigan players were on the field celebrating. How is it that some State players/personnel are in the tunnel waiting to "attack" a player?

What can be done? Should be done? Personally, I say nothing, but I"m sure the NCAA/Big Ten/etc. is going to make Michigan come up with something soon.

I'm still confused about last night as well. I saw MSU players leave before the half and the officials kept Michigan players on the field until after MSU players got to their lockerroom....then, the female announcer on the field said there was some jawing/etc. going on in the tunnel at the half. Afterwards, State players were in the lockerroom and Michigan players were on the field celebrating. How is it that some State players/personnel are in the tunnel waiting to "attack" a player?
They weren’t waiting in the tunnel. The Michigan player decided to walk into the tunnel with the Michigan State team instead of waiting an extra 60 seconds.

Two weeks ago Penn State made a big whoopie doo about the Michigan tunnel and this week they said they "beefed up" security before the MSU game. Now, sounds like another "incident" happened with MSU v. Michigan players. Could be nothing, but definitely an "issue/concern."

The stadium has been there nearly 100 years - I"m "guessing" the same tunnel has been used. Yes, I've been in that tunnel as a media personnel twice and its very small and surprisingly close to home/visitor lockerrooms; however, why is it that its just now (2022) that this is becoming more and more of a concern?

What can be done? Should be done? Personally, I say nothing, but I"m sure the NCAA/Big Ten/etc. is going to make Michigan come up with something soon.
Why didn't Harbaugh keep his players from going into the tunnel Its that simple.

Looks like little brother is taking the brunt of the blame in this one:

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ank-brown-khary-crump-angelo-grose-zion-young

Still it looks like Michigan will need to put in some new protocols to keep things in check, as things are getting out of hand.

By the way does any other major football stadiums have an entrance that goes through the 50 yard line of the stands that leads through the visiting sideline? Most have both teams, usually in different tunnels, run through an end zone leading to each respective sideline with some sort of predetermined path for the visitors so they don't get in the way of the big home entrance. Also the UM entrance is considered one of the lamer entrances and I am shocked that there hasn't been more high jinx with the dopes that hold that cheesy "coveted" M banner at mid field.

I saw Buffalo only has one tunnel (last night's game) chirping done there - no fighting.
I saw another 2 minute plus video of the tunnel at Michigan stadium from Saturday's game. Players from both teams walking down it without any issues - in fact, many were talking friendly amongst each other.
Teams don't have to be separated, they just need taught respect, class, and sportsmanship.

Not a surprise from the moron who shows less respect for good teams than any other poster.
I don’t know what led to this unwarranted attack against me, but I have shown plenty of respect to good teams; for example, I have complimented Ohio State, Georgia, Tennessee, Notre Dame, etc. many times when warranted.

That said, I do not consider Michigan State to be a good team this year.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

This is very simple. Everyone today is talking about how bad this is and they need to beef up security. And yet nothing ever happens because they WANT it to happen. This is part of the show folks. And the crazy thing about when the pro guys do it, the next week they may be on the same team! Alot is just fake yapping and some guys just do that.

I saw Buffalo only has one tunnel (last night's game) chirping done there - no fighting.
I saw another 2 minute plus video of the tunnel at Michigan stadium from Saturday's game. Players from both teams walking down it without any issues - in fact, many were talking friendly amongst each other.
Teams don't have to be separated, they just need taught respect, class, and sportsmanship.
after seeing jawing going on in that tunnel over the years, it should be a rule... who goes into the tunnel first... it's that simple..

I don’t know what led to this unwarranted attack against me, but I have shown plenty of respect to good teams; for example, I have complimented Ohio State, Georgia, Tennessee, Notre Dame, etc. many times when warranted.

That said, I do not consider Michigan State to be a good team this year.

This quote from you is either not respecting tOSU, whose offensive line is rated better than both
tsun and ND, or just the rambling of a moron.

“Certainly Notre Dame and Michigan are the strongest Midwest teams on both lines of scrimmage.”

This quote from you is either not respecting tOSU, whose offensive line is rated better than both
tsun and ND, or just the rambling of a moron.

“Certainly Notre Dame and Michigan are the strongest Midwest teams on both lines of scrimmage.”
My statement is a factual one. I don’t know how a factual statement can be considered disrespectful. Watch the Notre Dame and Michigan offensive lines just push people off the ball.

I actually watch the games. I don’t need to rely on some nerds’ computer mathematical formulas to decide who’s best.

My statement is a factual one. I don’t know how a factual statement can be considered disrespectful. Watch the Notre Dame and Michigan offensive lines just push people off the ball.

I actually watch the games. I don’t need to rely on some nerds’ computer mathematical formulas to decide who’s best.

ND had less than 80 yards rushing against tOSU. TOSU had two backs with more than 80 yards each. That is a fact. Good o-lines allow their teams to get more than 80 rushing yards. Good d-lines don’t let teams rush for more than 200 yards against them. This was head-to-head. Or now will you just make another excuse?

Anyone with brains and honesty knows tOSU is better than ND on both lines. We‘ll find out about tOSU and tsun in a few weeks.

Seems to me Hair Ball is the common denominator with the new “tuff man” mantra.