Miami Valley League 2022-23

SidneyJackets

Sidney 55 Tecumseh 53 Final. Jackets missed a bunch of foul shots.
They were lucky to win that one. Starting to think they'll be around 14-8 at the best. Bellefontaine this Saturday is their last winnable nonleague game; they're not beating Northmont or St. Mary's. Two games with Tipp, one more with Troy, Piqua, WC, Butler left...

knockemstiff

They were lucky to win that one. Starting to think they'll be around 14-8 at the best. Bellefontaine this Saturday is their last winnable nonleague game; they're not beating Northmont or St. Mary's. Two games with Tipp, one more with Troy, Piqua, WC, Butler left...
My guess is 11-11

SidneyJackets

Will be curious how Indians do in round 2 vs. Butler and Sidney next week.

Sidney has the opportunity to pick up 3 wins before that, with Greenville tonight, Bellefontaine tomorrow and Fairborn Tuesday. Should be able to beat Greenville and Fairborn. At Bellefontaine on Saturday is more of a toss up.

radroby

There is a LOT of bad basketball in this league. Now I know why teams do not play any tough non-conference games.

INDIANS_RULE

Fairborn (Saturday) Butler (Tuesday) @Sidney (Friday) and Tipp (Saturday) the next week is going to be interesting for Piqua to say the least. The biggest questions I have is will they have the legs on Saturday for Tipp. I might try and go to that one.

knockemstiff

Fairborn (Saturday) Butler (Tuesday) @Sidney (Friday) and Tipp (Saturday) the next week is going to be interesting for Piqua to say the least. The biggest questions I have is will they have the legs on Saturday for Tipp. I might try and go to that one.
5 games in 10 days has to be a killer. Hope your players hold up.

Last edited:

Brookie

There is a LOT of bad basketball in this league. Now I know why teams do not play any tough non-conference games.
I have seen teams from mvl and cbc. A lot of bad basketball in these two leagues. Not sure there is a high caliber team between these two leagues.

SidneyJackets

Sidney loses by 20 to Piqua tonight. Jackets just cannot hang with any decent team with a size advantage this year. Loss of Swiger and older Davis last year is really evident.

After winning overall MVL title last year, Jackets still look in good shape to win Valley division. Unfortunately that means Valley has sunk to being like football, in which multiple Miami teams are better. Sidney would be a half game ahead of Butler for fourth place if in the Miami Division.

radroby

If Greeneville and Sidney had switched divisions this year, one division would have no teams under .50p, while in the other, the best team, aka Champion, would be a couple games under . 500.

Ridiculous set-up.

radroby

I have seen teams from mvl and cbc.
I have seen about a half dozen CBC games. Crazy Conference. IMHO, there's not much difference between the top 9 or 10 teams (apologies to Urbana). It would be interesting to see which team would win a Conference Tournament, if they had one.

INDIANS_RULE

Tipp won 48-36, I didn't realize the game started so early. Good thing I didn't plan on going to watch it (I'm watching NFL playoffs) but this wasn't the score I was expecting.

knockemstiff

Tipp won 48-36, I didn't realize the game started so early. Good thing I didn't plan on going to watch it (I'm watching NFL playoffs) but this wasn't the score I was expecting.
I didn't know it was going to be an afternoon game either. Here's and article from Press Pro's

bobcat44

I didn't know it was going to be an afternoon game either. Here's and article from Press Pro's
Piqua has their best record in some time but can they win a tournament game? They are not close to the 20 win Butler team from a few years ago which struggled in the tournament.

BoomerSooner

Tipp is decent this year. Probably the highest ceiling of any team in the MVL, but they have started so slow in many games that I wouldn't be surprised if they slip up in a few conference games as the season goes on.

Clyne is a very good player and his combination of size/athleticism gives most high school teams fits. Guess there's a reason he was MVL athlete of the year last season anyways.

SidneyJackets

Tipp is decent this year. Probably the highest ceiling of any team in the MVL, but they have started so slow in many games that I wouldn't be surprised if they slip up in a few conference games as the season goes on.

Clyne is a very good player and his combination of size/athleticism gives most high school teams fits. Guess there's a reason he was MVL athlete of the year last season anyways.
Co-POY. 😉

knockemstiff

Sidney held Cline to 3 points.