Mercy McAuley opening

HSFB Fan

Any word on the Mercy Mcauley opening? Applications were closed November 4th.

Last edited:

All kidding aside... This has the potential to be a pretty good job seeing as Mercy McAuley has now dropped down to Div. 2
Agreed - they made a run into a loaded D-1 Regional last season. They will have to find some pitching as their only returning pitcher threw only 2 innings last year

They lost alot from last year though. Whom ever take is over is losing 8 seniors.
Gildea and Schloss are the only Juniors that saw any significant PT last year.

Any word on the Mercy Mcauley opening? Applications were closed November 4th.
The AD met with the team and informed them that they have a coach that will be announced Friday. They were told to keep an open mind and not judge a book by its cover. Not sure what that means. This position has been open since the end of last season and she just made a hire in January. I've heard the AD is in over her head and has dropped the ball on numerous issues. Good luck to the Wolves this year!

The AD met with the team and informed them that they have a coach that will be announced Friday. They were told to keep an open mind and not judge a book by its cover. Not sure what that means. This position has been open since the end of last season and she just made a hire in January. I've heard the AD is in over her head and has dropped the ball on numerous issues. Good luck to the Wolves this year!
Oh boy - this could get interesting...

WOW

Oh boy - this could get interesting...
We know a couple of their players from travel ball, so this is all hearsay from Mercy McAuley parents. Also heard the school is waiting for enrollment numbers to decide if they are even going to stay open. Registration closes end of the month.

I really feel for those girls, especially after last season's issues with injuries plus the girl that cost them multiple games for playing with a rec/select team. The dad claimed he didn't know the rules, but the girl played under a different name, so I call BS!

They lost alot from last year though. Whom ever take is over is losing 8 seniors.
Gildea and Schloss are the only Juniors that saw any significant PT last year.
Don't know anything about the Schloss girl, but I do remember Gildea because we have a girl with the same last name and she lit our pitchers up. I think the final was like 10-2, but we got a 1-0 win because of the forfeit.

Congratulations to Coach Amrein! I’m hearing MM is going to use Triple Creek Park/Fields as their Home Field(s). Anyone know anything about this? Where have they been playing Home Fast Pitch Games?

Congratulations to Coach Amrein! I’m hearing MM is going to use Triple Creek Park/Fields as their Home Field(s). Anyone know anything about this? Where have they been playing Home Fast Pitch Games?
They were using ST James off of Cheviot. Triple creek is a nice men's park but the fields are a little big for Fastpitch.
Hopefully they will have some temp fencing and not be stuck on the back field. Poor drainage, dugouts small and no tables etc.

Colerain or Clippard parks would have been MUCH nicer places played on actual fast pitch fields with covered dugouts, proper base length and they would even set up/line the field.

They were using ST James off of Cheviot. Triple creek is a nice men's park but the fields are a little big for Fastpitch.
Hopefully they will have some temp fencing and not be stuck on the back field. Poor drainage, dugouts small and no tables etc.

Colerain or Clippard parks would have been MUCH nicer places played on actual fast pitch fields with covered dugouts, proper base length and they would even set up/line the field.
Last year they used Bicentennial Park.

I agree with this. Triple Creek not really “set up” for HS Fast Pitch.
Last year they used Bicentennial Park.
The “Small Field” in back at Bicentennial is very nice and would be Great for Fast Pitch imo. Any idea on the reasoning behind the change of venue(s) for MM Fast Pitch?