Mentor Football 2022

Throw your hat in the ring. You can hire MentorGrad2002 as your D coordinator...😂😂 He knows everything, but only if you can get him out from behind his keyboard.
I mean I was the one saying it wasnt all the defenses fault but you are calling me out instead of this joker who has trolled Mentor all year long ?

And who the heck are you anyways ? I get a kick out of people who say I'm hiding behind my keyboard. You came out of nowhere to attack me when I wasn't speaking to you..from behind your keyboard ! I mean the irony is hilarious

I'd say anything I say on here to any of your faces. Not like I'm threatening people with violence lol 😂

I've said my piece on the DC being bad over the years and it's warranted. But Mentor didn't have the talent to beat Eds this year. That's the bottom line. And when the offense doesnt score , I don't know how you can be a one trick pony and just blame solely the defense.

As for coaching , it doesn't pay enough. This argument on message boards that if you don't coach, you cant notice bad coaching is so stupid. The same people probably call out pro coaches when none of you coach at that level. Or a President on either side when you aren't in politics. You don't have to be doing the job to see the ineptness

Last edited:
I think both of these things can be true:

1) I would not be fit nor qualified to be the defensive coordinator on Mentor

2) I am qualified to have a football opinion I believe to be valid. If I WERE in charge of the defense, I could add something of value by putting Vernon on a four man front instead of wasting his talent eating blocks on a three man front all of these years.

Moving on to next season, there are some running backs and receivers in the 2024 class. Are they players who might contribute or not? Seems that they might not be considering that Hodges came in at receiver and Coughlin at back,, a freshman and sophomore. Will Schenk be moved back to defense or stay on offense?

Moving on to next season, there are some running backs and receivers in the 2024 class. Are they players who might contribute or not? Seems that they might not be considering that Hodges came in at receiver and Coughlin at back,, a freshman and sophomore. Will Schenk be moved back to defense or stay on offense?
Still 2 more starting WR spots even if you pencil in Hodge and Van Huss. That's good if they play the best players regardless of age right ?

My guess on Schenk is LB but that's a decision for the staff to make

Still 2 more starting WR spots even if you pencil in Hodge and Van Huss. That's good if they play the best players regardless of age right ?

My guess on Schenk is LB but that's a decision for the staff to make
My opinion regarding any starting position will be that the best player starts, regardless of age.

I mean I was the one saying it wasnt all the defenses fault but you are calling me out instead of this joker who has trolled Mentor all year long ?

And who the heck are you anyways ? I get a kick out of people who say I'm hiding behind my keyboard. You came out of nowhere to attack me when I wasn't speaking to you..from behind your keyboard ! I mean the irony is hilarious

I'd say anything I say on here to any of your faces. Not like I'm threatening people with violence lol 😂

I've said my piece on the DC being bad over the years and it's warranted. But Mentor didn't have the talent to beat Eds this year. That's the bottom line. And when the offense doesnt score , I don't know how you can be a one trick pony and just blame solely the defense.

As for coaching , it doesn't pay enough. This argument on message boards that if you don't coach, you cant notice bad coaching is so stupid. The same people probably call out pro coaches when none of you coach at that level. Or a President on either side when you aren't in politics. You don't have to be doing the job to see the ineptness

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by SportsManias
BLAH BLAH BLAH. I have read your crap for years. Same rant over and over. Find some new material. You dominate the Mentor thread and anyone who thinks your wrong you instantly attack and call them a troll. You are not in touch with anyone over in Mentor and you have no inside scoop. You are a fanboy jock sniffer who critiques kids and coaches. Get a life or go relive your glory days in the band.

Kids play the game and coaches coach it. You have a right to disagree with stuff, I will not take that from you but overall you my friend are a troll. You have no stake in the game. You are a POSER.

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by SportsManias
BLAH BLAH BLAH. I have read your crap for years. Same rant over and over. Find some new material. You dominate the Mentor thread and anyone who thinks your wrong you instantly attack and call them a troll. You are not in touch with anyone over in Mentor and you have no inside scoop. You are a fanboy jock sniffer who critiques kids and coaches. Get a life go back or go relive your glory years in the band.

Kids play the game and coaches coach it. You have a right to disagree with stuff, I will not take that from you but overall you my friend troll a good man in Funk, blast gray and have no stake in the game. You are a POSER.
Maybe read the Ohio guys posts and use your brain ....he isn't a Mentor fan...and he rips Funk even more non pc than me....

Didn't play in the band but good job ripping all those kids and their parents I guess. This after acting like a classy guy.

Funk is a bad DC. If you can't see that, I don't think you know a lot and might need to get your eyes checked. I never said anything about him as a person. Can be a nice guy and bad coach

As for the other names , you can have at it hiding behind your keyboard. Funny that the guys spouting off like a dbag try to come at me with that rhetoric

Last edited:
Maybe read the Ohio guys posts and use your brain ....he isn't a Mentor fan...and he rips Funk even more non pc than me....

Didn't play in the band but good job ripping all those kids and their parents I guess. This after acting like a classy guy.

Funk is a bad DC. If you can't see that, I don't think you know a lot and might need to get your eyes checked. I never said anything about him as a person. Can be a nice guy and bad coach

As for the other names , you can have at it hiding behind your keyboard. Funny that the guys spouting off like a dbag try to come at me with that rhetoric
Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

I mean you fight with many people on here from the posts I've seen so not really the one to talk ....

Don't exactly see you contribute any insight at anytime.

Sorry if Funk is a relative or friend. He sucks as DC. He's lost us multiple titles

BUT again when you score zero points and have less talent , this loss this year isn't just on Funk

Moron, I am not so sure it was a less talent thing. When you are inside the 20 4 times and make zero adjustments to stop what they are doing! That isn't a talent thing. 2nd and 1 and proceed to throw it 3 times! Drive down the field running and with short throws and then decide to chuck up basically a hail mary that gets picked? That my friend is not a talent issue! Let them run the ball down your rear end
the whole game and do nothing to different to defend it? Not a talent issue!
How many times did Eds drive deep without scoring in the game ? It happened 2 or 3 times at least

How many times did the offense score ? Driving down the field is good for yardage but doesn't matter if you can't finish the drive

I've clearly established I think Funk sucks as the DC. But unlike you, I don't concentrate solely on that when the offense , defense and special teams all were outplayed in a game lost as a team by 4 touchdowns . Eds was way better and had more talent. It's not a bad loss to lose to a better team.

Funk doesn't coach offense. So unless you want to blast all coaches , then you can't say he was only reason they lost

Adjustments needed to be made on both sides of the ball and like always they were incapable of doing that. Not a talent issue!
For one , I doubt you go to any games at all. You clearly hate Mentor. You solely post in this thread with negative slant towards Mentor.

Also spectrum gives you a better view of the game with replays than being further away in the stands. So pretty stupid to act like you saw more than me watching close up with covid. (Again you didnt even go so hypothetically)

Good that you finally admitted that Mentor lost as a team. So it wasn't all Funk.

Not sure why you keep arguing with me as if I'm supporting Funk. While the other guy is ripping me for bashing Funk. It's quite fascinating and funny really at this point

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion regarding any starting position will be that the best player starts, regardless of age.
Speaking of this. Do you have any defensive starters or new offensive starters to look out for in 2023? Also any 9th and 10th graders?

I don't follow the younger levels and you seemed to have a kid in the system

Speaking of this. Do you have any defensive starters or new offensive starters to look out for in 2023? Also any 9th and 10th graders?

I don't follow the younger levels and you seemed to have a kid in the system
The guys to watch for in 2023 could be:
Schwam - LB
Shelley - S
Markowski - S
Schenk - LB/TE
Fox - QQB
Saley - DL
Graham - DB
O'Neil - OL

A few of the O-line will be returning with starting experience, whether they are Juniors or some of the freshman. There are a number of freshman who look good on both sides, some of these may need to contribute next season.

CURRENT FRESHMAN
Hodges - WR
Coyne - QB
Farley - RB
Schenk - LB
Holland - DE
Coleman - DL
Yates - DL
Brede - DL
Mitchell - DL
LoDuca -OL

Last edited:
Schwam - LB
Shelley - S
Markowski - S
Schenk - LB/TE
Fox - QQB
Saley - DL
VanHuss - WR
Hodges('26) - WR
Farley('26) - RB
Graham - DB
O'Neil - OL

A few of the O-line will be returning with starting experience, whether they are Juniors or some of the freshman. There are a number of freshman who look good on both sides, some of the may need to contribute next season.

Hodges - WR
Coyne - QB
Farley - RB
Schenk - LB
Holland - DE
Coleman - DL
Yates - DL
Brede - DL
Mitchell - DL
Good insight. Would you say the current sophomore and freshmen classes look good but the juniors not so much ? That's what I've been hearing.

Of course there will be kids from all grades contributing at this point of the programs history. Won't be like my class when like 5 kids contributed in football with those great 02-03 teams mainly being the 2 classes below us

Good insight. Would you say the current sophomore and freshmen classes look good but the juniors not so much ? That's what I've been hearing.

Of course there will be kids from all grades contributing at this point of the programs history. Won't be like my class when like 5 kids contributed in football with those great 02-03 teams mainly being the 2 classes below us
In my opinion the current junior class will put a lot of kids on the field next year. Current sophomore class not so much, with the exception of Fox of course, and the program will most likely pull up a number of the current freshman players. There are some solid players on both sides on that freshman team. Lots of size and tough kids.

The challenge unfortunately will be to put capable targets on the field for Fox to throw to.

Defensively I think there will be a lot of good contributors but no standout as of yet. That's not to say that the contributors aren't really good, just none that already have a lot of notoriety.

Schwam - LB
Shelley - S
Markowski - S
Schenk - LB/TE
Fox - QQB
Saley - DL
Graham - DB
O'Neil - OL

A few of the O-line will be returning with starting experience, whether they are Juniors or some of the freshman. There are a number of freshman who look good on both sides, some of these may need to contribute next season.

CURRENT FRESHMAN
Hodges - WR
Coyne - QB
Farley - RB
Schenk - LB
Holland - DE
Coleman - DL
Yates - DL
Brede - DL
Mitchell - DL
Add LoDuca, the freshman who played more than any other, to that list of freshman.

News-Herald’s First Team All-Stars include five Mentor players:

QB Scotty Fox (3,098 yards and 29 TD’s)
WR Jordan Stapleton (50 catches, 700 yards
WR Jacob Snow (50 catches, 700 yards)
DE Brenan Vernon (55 tackles, 10 TFL, one sack)
LB Jack Gedulding (120 tackles, 8 TFLs and 4 sacks)

Second Team honors include Pohto, Orosz, and lineman Jack O’Neill.

Mentor scheduled Massillon Jackson away in week 1 for 2023. Not sure if it's a two year deal or not. On arbiter as well. I'd assume 2 years but who knows

Jackson is a 2 year deal. At Mentor in 2024.
Figured it would be , but wanted to confirm

Looking like Solon will be locked into the GCC for one more year too ? If so , schedule is done

Hoping once they move on that Ignatius can be moved to the gap later on in schedule when Solon leaves. Then hopefully get at least one loca public with the gaps in weeks 1-3