Mentor Cardinals Football 2019

Euclid had pick Central scheduled and pulled out late for McKinley. Mentor scheduled team Canada before that happened because nobody would play us

I'm not inferring it. I already said it. McKinley won't schedule Mentor. We've tried for years.
Mentor is a step up compared to Euclid. Again already said it and you know it. Your AD damn sure knows it

Rotsky's team is loaded this year. So I hope you know what you say when you call them inferior to Mentor THIS year. They will know you said it lol. But McKinley didn't stop the Mentor series. Mentor got tired of getting killed and dropped us. It wasn't incumbent upon us to renew it. If you want to keep great programs like ours on your schedule, keep us in bad times as well as good in future.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Rotsky's team is loaded this year. So I hope you know what you say when you call them inferior to Mentor THIS year. They will know you said it lol. But McKinley didn't stop the Mentor series. Mentor got tired of getting killed and dropped us. It wasn't incumbent upon us to renew it. If you want to keep great programs like ours on your schedule, keep us in bad times as well as good in future.

Did you give them a return game in Euclid for 2020? If not then have your AD schedule it. We are open week 3 and 8 in 2020. Guessing you gave them a return game though as your program isn't ducking Euclid like they have Mentor for years

Yes McKinley used to be great. Wouldn't call them that now. They are living off the past

Mentor has been the better program over the last 20 years which is why McKinley won't schedule us now. They'll only play Mentor again if we go down a level

Last edited:
Figured I'd share this update from Bill Greene too. Sounds like your freshman DE is really impressing early.

I haven't been to a scrimmage yet, so I have yet to see the freshman in action. I would like to believe he will be at Noah Potter (Ohio State) or Tom Strobel (Michigan) like projection over the next four seasons. But what can we expect from him as a freshman? I don't know. Those two guys were playing freshman ball as a freshman before making the jump to starting varsity as sophomores. I believe Vernon's ability to start right away as a 14-year old has a lot to do with his own size, strength, and readiness. But I have to believe some has to do with the lack of readiness from current juniors and seniors. This is Triv's last year. He has no reason to build for the future. Play your best 22. Clearly, the kid is one of them.

Unfortunately for Vernon, he is going up against Eds and Ignatius right out of the gate. I would be surprised if he is able to make much of an impact against those two huge and talented offensive lines.

Did you give them a return game in Euclid for 2020? If not then have your AD schedule it. We are open week 3 and 8 in 2020. Guessing you gave them a return game though as your program isn't ducking Euclid like they have Mentor for years

Yes McKinley used to be great. Wouldn't call them that now. They are living off the past

Mentor has been the better program over the last 20 years which is why McKinley won't schedule us now. They'll only play Mentor again if we go down a level

Well, you shouldn't have dropped us when we were killing you every year, or you'd still be on our schedule. So quit whining. I'll ask the AD to schedule you next year. I doubt he cares what either of us think, especially me, after i criticized him for scheduling a strong team (EUCLID) from our own region when we have a new coach. I don't like OOC games against regional foes. If they're good enough, you wind up playing them twice. And schools like our's with State Championships know it isn't the smartist way for closed publics to schedule.

Last edited:
Well, you shouldn't have dropped us when we were killing you every year, or you'd still be on our schedule. So quit whining. I'll ask the AD to schedule you next year. I doubt he cares what either of us think, especially me, after i criticized him for scheduling a strong team (EUCLID) from our own region when we have a new coach. I don't like OOC games against regional foes. If they're good enough, you wind up playing them twice. And schools like our's with State Championships know it isn't the smartist way to for closed publics to schedule.

Stop acting like Mentor and McKinley played a million years in a row. McKinley scheduled us for like 4 years when they knew it was an easy win. Now they avoid us because they'd lose

You didn't answer any of my questions. Is Euclid a one game series or did your ad and program sack up and give them a home game too ?

EDIT. Seems like it's a one year deal as Euclid has Glenville st Eds and Cleveland hts on their arbiter schedule for next year

Pretty typical. Mentor is open in 2020 but you'll have to give us a home game too as we won't give an away game with no return home game

Yep McKinley used to be great. Thanks for proving my point about living on the past

Last edited:
Stop acting like Mentor and McKinley played a million years in a row. McKinley scheduled us for like 4 years when they knew it was an easy win. Now they avoid us because they'd lose

You didn't answer any of my questions. Is Euclid a one game series or did your ad and program sack up and give them a home game too ?

EDIT. Seems like it's a one year deal as Euclid has Glenville st Eds and Cleveland hts on their arbiter schedule for next year

Pretty typical. Mentor is open in 2020 but you'll have to give us a home game too as we won't give an away game with no return home game

Yep McKinley used to be great. Thanks for proving my point about living on the past

Unlike us, you don't have any State Championships. So unlike us, you never were great to begin with. We traditionally have been up and down, with many years between championships at times. State Poll Champs '55, and '56, nothing again until 25 years later. Then we go undefeated and are ranked #2 in the nation. No titles again for 16 more years. But we again go undefeated and are not only State Champs, but USA Today National Champs. Mentor can never match the greatness of those teams. We won the State Championship with less talent the following year.

We were National Champions in '34 and not again for 63 years. Did we cease to be a great prigram because of it.? We came back, as we always have over 125 years, and were National Champions once more. You dont even know what a state championship is like, let alone one or two National Champiinships. But we had many great and average and mediocre teams in between. Every bad year had people sounding our demise as a program. Even when we have dry spells, no one conflates your TRADITION with ours. People know you've had a good run lately, had a stronger team most of those years, but we will always have the greater lifetime program. Our greatest teams are some of Ohio's best ever. Your greatest teams weren't even the best in Ohio those years.

We have a new coach (Marcus Wattley) who wants to build our program to where it is contending for state honors on a more regular basis. However, we need coaching continuity, something sorely lacking in the last 20 years. Next year, you will find out what change means again.

Pickerington Central was open week 3. Did you call them? You could have cancelled Canada and played them instead. Why didn't you?

Again thanks for proving my point on living on the past. The once great McKinley won't schedule Mentor now because we can beat you. Before it was an easy win

Yes we have tried with all the Columbus public's you can think of just like with McKinley over the years. McKinley this year was more egregious because they had to convince Euclid to opt out of pick Central while mentor was already open
Kind of stupid to try to put it on Mentor when we open with eds and Ignatius ...

You guys instead did a one off with Euclid where you won't even come to their place. That won't happens with mentor. We've done far more than Euclid. If Eds and Ignatius can split home games equally then McKinley can too

But they won't because they duck us

I don't care about McKinley and their history before I was even born. If you have to live on 20 or more years ago it's because you aren't jack now. Your vast history should be support to schedule up. Instead you duck teams like mentor and the privates because you can't live in the past on the football field

Last edited:
Who has the information on the Chardon scrimmage at their school this Thursday ? Arbiter said 5 pm before and now says 6 pm. Is it a 6 pm varsity start now then ?

There is no return game scheduled for Euclid in 2020.

Again thanks for proving my point on living on the past. The once great McKinley won't schedule Mentor now because we can beat you. Before it was an easy win

Yes we have tried with all the Columbus public's you can think of just like with McKinley over the years. McKinley this year was more egregious because they had to convince Euclid to opt out of pick Central while mentor was already open
Kind of stupid to try to put it on Mentor when we open with eds and Ignatius ...

You guys instead did a one off with Euclid where you won't even come to their place. That won't happens with mentor. We've done far more than Euclid. If Eds and Ignatius can split home games equally then McKinley can too

But they won't because they duck us

I don't care about McKinley and their history before I was even born. If you have to live on 20 or more years ago it's because you aren't jack now. Your vast history should be support to schedule up. Instead you duck teams like mentor and the privates because you can't live in the past on the football field
Wah wah wah Well, you are a dim wit idiot who doesn't have a past or a present, and likely, you're the big fat guy with the big mouth at every Mentor game I've seen. The others know and are laughing.

Glad you don't represent Mentor, because I actually like it when publics do well. But only a few schools win D1 State Championships. Maybe one day Mentor will be good enough to join us. So a Pick Central fan says you didnt call them after Euclid dropped them. Who's ducking who? Lol!

Wah wah wah Well, you are a dim wit idiot who doesn't have a past or a present, and likely, you're the big fat guy with the big mouth at every Mentor game I've seen. The others know and are laughing.

Glad you don't represent Mentor, because I actually like it when publics do well. But only a few schools win D1 State Championships. Maybe one day Mentor will be good enough to join us. So a Pick Central fan says you didnt call them after Euclid dropped them. Who's ducking who? Lol!

We called them before they chose Euclid over us. We had a contract signed already by the time pick Central had that fall through. And I'm sure you made up talking to someone from pick Central who would know anything anyways

Nice try at trying to tilt it to other schools to take attention away from once proud McKinley not stepping up their competition anymore.
Again Mentor opens with Eds and Ignatius. You guys open with two below D1 schools. Don't think McKinley fan has a right to talk smack on scheduling

You can move on now to your scrimmage vs Ignatius because you wouldn't ever play them in the regular season anymore as well. We've established that McKinley won't schedule the big boys anymore and Mentor must have a present now cuz you guys continually duck us

Last edited:
We called them before they chose Euclid over us. We had a contract signed already by the time pick Central had that fall through. And I'm sure you made up talking to someone from pick Central who would know anything anyways

Nice try at trying to tilt it to other schools to take attention away from once proud McKinley not stepping up their competition anymore.
Again Mentor opens with Eds and Ignatius. You guys open with two below D1 schools. Don't think McKinley fan has a right to talk smack on scheduling

You can move on now to your scrimmage vs Ignatius because you wouldn't ever play them in the regular season anymore as well. We've established that McKinley won't schedule the big boys anymore and Mentor must have a present now cuz you guys continually duck us

We've beaten St.Ignatius 6 times, 4 of those times we were State Champions, a National Champion and a National runners-up, things you wouldnt understand. We played them 16? times before we decided their recruiting gave them much too big an advantage on a yearly basis. Mentor ran from McKinley with its tail between its legs after only 4 games, and we aren't even a recruiting private! I guess the last two games when we outscored you 75-0 must have sent you packing. Oh well at least, we didn't cry about losing an opponent We scheduled someone else instead. Grow up.

Yep relying on your past again. We established all this already. Don't care about 20 or more years ago. Definitely don't care about paper state or national titles not earned on the field. Congrats on the ones you won on the field decades ago but you are living on that now while ducking the top programs

Mentor is playing Ignatius for the 15th year in a row now. Have beaten them way more than 6 times Probably won't get McKinley again unless we take a downturn.

Now move on to your scrimmage and then below D1 out of conference opponents. We are done here

Yep relying on your past again. We established all this already. Don't care about 20 or more years ago. Definitely don't care about paper state or national titles not earned on the field. Congrats on the ones you won on the field decades ago but you are living on that now while ducking the top programs

Mentor is playing Ignatius for the 15th year in a row now. Have beaten them way more than 6 times Probably won't get McKinley again unless we take a downturn.

Now move on to your scrimmage and then below D1 out of conference opponents. We are done here

How many times did you beat them and win state titles like us, you dolt? Never. BIG difference chump.

Mentor is done, period. Triv leaves after this year and you go back to mediocrity. We will win another state championship soon, because it's what we do (not you). Everything will be back to normal. :cool:

Cool hypothetical story. Maybe if that happens you'll play us again. McKinley ducks when the competition gets tough. Keep dwelling on decades old stuff

I can just as easily say Mentor hires a coach who keeps the great offensive coaching while also overhauling a bad defensive coaching culture and then Mentor wins multiple titles while McKinley does nothing

Hypotheticals mean as much as paper national titles. Absolutely nothing

Last edited:
What is the updated depth chart looking like?

And still waiting on that chardon time of the varsity start

Maybe we lost the guys with kids on the team with the forum switch over

Cool hypothetical story. Maybe if that happens you'll play us again. McKinley ducks when the competition gets tough. Keep dwelling on decades old stuff

I can just as easily say Mentor hires a coach who keeps the great offensive coaching while also overhauling a bad defensive coaching culture and then Mentor wins multiple titles while McKinley does nothing

Hypotheticals mean as much as paper national titles. Absolutely nothing

You can say anything you want because only stinky brown stuff ever comes out of your mouth whenever you post. You have nothing cerebral to add because, quite frankly, you have all of the intellect of a carpenter ant.

We agreed to a series with you, destroyed you, ( you were in middle school watching us lol.), and you quit playing us. And now you want us to take you back and you cry like a little jilted teenage girl because we say "you had your chance and blew it. "

As for coaching, (as usual) you are utterly clueless. You won't be able to upgrade when Triv leaves. You will be lucky to go 5-5 when he's gone. You'll see.

Moving on from from the guy living on the past like it's still 1998, let's get a depth chart going on here

Did we lose a few users with the switch over ? Haven't seen the update from the couple who usually post that stuff during the preseason

Figured I'd share this update from Bill Greene too. Sounds like your freshman DE is really impressing early.

Vernon has looked good in the preseason. He will be thrown to the fire facing Eds and Ignatius once the regular season starts. Reports from osu said he was out with the senior players in drills there and he did well. Should be a good one but he's still a freshman so it could take time to grow

Here is a fun trip down memory lane. After finishing up the top 10 regular season wins in Triv's career, here is the first part of my top 10 playoff wins. The first five are from 2000-2009. The second five will be released later in the week.

Great write up as per usual. I know the 10 because we talked about it , but that Solon 2002 win was the start of a big turnaround. They had gotten the best of us for a few years and overcoming that hurdle was big for the program

Vernon has looked good in the preseason. He will be thrown to the fire facing Eds and Ignatius once the regular season starts. Reports from osu said he was out with the senior players in drills there and he did well. Should be a good one but he's still a freshman so it could take time to grow

He is the biggest kid on the team, but like you say...there's no substitute for experience. In a couple of years, the kid will be dominating.

Good scrimmage overall for Mentor. Still some kinks to work out on both sides of the ball but it is preseason

Mentor won the half of the scrimmage 35-7 at Chardon

Chardon moved the ball well on the ground on their first drive including a big run for a TD. They also moved the ball well on the 2nd drive but were going intercepted at about the Mentor 25

Mentor defense adjusted to the wing t after that and chardon didn't come close to scoring again. Need to fix some things but there is talent on defense

On offense Mentor moved the ball well and scored touchdowns on all 5 of their drives. Good mix of run and pass. Still some stuff to work out but very solid all around on offense for the whole preseason

Now we find out what the team is made of with the gauntlet of St Eds and St Ignatius to start the season

Scheduling news for 2020 already

Berea replaces Shaker Hts in week 8 next year. Shaker is leaving the GCC. 3 of the westside schools also got swc teams to fill in for shaker. Lakewood is leaving so 4 teams from each conference swapped Lakewood or shaker for the other league opponent who has the same week open

St Eds moves from week 1 to week 3

Appears week 1 is the only week open now for 2020

Yes, agreed with MG02 on the scrimmage. The offense looked sharp, as they should against a DIII school. The defense missed some tackles and made some of the same types of mistakes they have for many years. It is concerning when you consider the first two opponents of the season.

The offense looks good, maybe really good. The offensive line is big enough and good enough. Not the high level of tackles like last year, but I think they will hold their own even against Eds/Ignatius. The holes won't open as frequently as a year ago, but when they do I expect Trobel/Kipp to take advantage. Trobel had a long touchdown run. Kipp had a nice run too. His best throw of the night was on a long touchdown bomb to Floriea, who had two receiving scores yesterday. Nolan Vernon looks big and strong on the outside. I think he could be due for a big season.

Defensively, not a lot of highlights. Paglio had a key interception. The freshman is big and looks the part, but he is still a freshman. I don't expect him to really make an impact against the big boys until his sophomore season. You can give the defense a little bit of a break due to the fact that they didn't prepare for Chardon and the Wing-T in practice or anything...or at least I assume they didn't waste time preparing for Chardon's unique offense. A breakdown or two was going to happen.

Scheduling news for 2020 already

Berea replaces Shaker Hts in week 8 next year. Shaker is leaving the GCC. 3 of the westside schools also got swc teams to fill in for shaker. Lakewood is leaving so 4 teams from each conference swapped Lakewood or shaker for the other league opponent who has the same week open

St Eds moves from week 1 to week 3

Appears week 1 is the only week open now for 2020

No chance of Glenville returning to the schedule in 2020 as they will play Euclid in Week 1. I'm guessing Clarkson would be up for a rematch, but Mentor will probably first attempt to schedule an Ohio opponent.

No chance of Glenville returning to the schedule in 2020 as they will play Euclid in Week 1. I'm guessing Clarkson would be up for a rematch, but Mentor will probably first attempt to schedule an Ohio opponent.

If Clarkson has that week open, I say book it. Before you know it, Clarkson will fill their schedule. The likelihood of an Ohio team scheduling Mentor is slim. The only Ohio teams that would consider Mentor are a few juggernauts. Plus it would be nice to have six home games if possible.