Memes, funny picture thread (for politics)

MoeDude

Roll Me Away!
You need to do some research. During the Constitutional Convention they had a big discussion about whether to base representation on population or every state just have the same number of reps. The genius of the Founding Fathers then decided to have two representative groups in the congress one based on popuplation and one with each state having the same number. That is why you have a House of Representatives and a Senate. Too many people have not been taught true American History and details on why our Founding Fathers did what they did. Having the two different houses of congress was another ingenious way to keep all states with a fair voice in the Federal Government. After all we aren't a Democracy we are a Republic which is a huge difference. For a quick reference try reading Dr. Ben Carson's book, "A More Perfect Union" and turn to pages 22-25. In fact it tells how the first 10 Amendments became part of this resolution to have the two separate chambers of congress. It's a really good read as Dr. Carson breaks down the members of the original Constitutional Convention and how they reached the decisions they did.

az0217t

Well it's obvious that you didn't pass American History or American Government in high school. You sir and "max" are useful tools of the left.
This is the ignorance that we are fighting.

P.S. This is another reason they set up the Electoral College. Without it, all of the "tan" states on your map wouldn't have a say in the election.

Don't be a stooge, educate yourself.

Last edited:

BlackHawk

Well it's obvious that you didn't pass American History or American Government in high school. You sir and "max" are useful tools of the left.
This is the ignorance that we are fighting.

P.S. This is another reason they set up the Electoral College.

Don't be a stooge, educate yourself.
That was pretty much my immediate thought, "It looks like somebody flunked American Government in high school."

What's the House of Representatives for $500, Alex?

I enjoy wrestling

They understand imo They just want Globalism by any means necessary. We Conservatives can take some responsibility for this. We have 30 years of indoctrination of our youth. We have to assume some responsibility for what the educational systems have become. Maybe this Pandemic will destroy the present system and we can rebuild a better model for educating.

MoeDude

Roll Me Away!
They understand imo They just want Globalism by any means necessary. We Conservatives can take some responsibility for this. We have 30 years of indoctrination of our youth. We have to assume some responsibility for what the educational systems have become. Maybe this Pandemic will destroy the present system and we can rebuild a better model for educating.
You are right we have not kept tabs on the school systems and what they are teaching. It's time for a makeover that is for sure and it goes from Kindergarten through college.

D4fan

We should be talking about this, absolutely! Balance of power among the states. These founders were amazing in their ability to form a workable system to allow each individual state to have equal representation in the Senate regardless of size.

A few years back I did a little research on the imbalance of population we are seeing as California represents more than 10% of the nations population. I was intrigued to find out there was a time when Virginia was as out of balance to the rest of the Nation as California is now. They did not cry because they only had two Senators. They simply understood that as an individual state they deserved no more representation among the collective body of states than any other state.

Was this remarkable system developed because they were white? Was it because they were old? Was it because they owned slaves? That's for you to decide.