McNicholas Rockets 2022

McNick has most of their skilled offensive players back, both WRs, TE, a very good RB. Losing their QB,which is big, but I’m told the rising Sophomore is pretty good as is the rising Frosh QB. Most significant loses are 3-4 offense linemen and LBs on defense. Rockets had some talent on the Frosh team that will fill in some gaps in 2022. I believe they will be pretty good, maybe not 11-2 good but 8-9 wins. I may be underestimating them, I didn’t expect last years great run.

Have been hearing they could possibly be moving to division 3.
They are sitting at 216 last I checked. They would have to have a pretty big CB number to move to D3, maybe they do and maybe there is a lower number threshold for D3 this year? If they are D3 probably one of the smaller schools.

I would have loved to have seen McN vs. my Ursuline Irish for the state championship. It almost happened! I have roots in both schools. I know for sure the GREEN would win! McNicholas has a great deal to be proud of and showed they could play with anybody. I'm happy they added Bishop Hartley to the schedule.

I would have loved to have seen McN vs. my Ursuline Irish for the state championship. It almost happened! I have roots in both schools. I know for sure the GREEN would win! McNicholas has a great deal to be proud of and showed they could play with anybody. I'm happy they added Bishop Hartley to the schedule.
What are your roots at McNick? I have adopted them as had 3 kids graduate ,all good athletes…football, baseball, girls soccer and track. I went to HS in Western Pa.

What are your roots at McNick? I have adopted them as had 3 kids graduate ,all good athletes…football, baseball, girls soccer and track. I went to HS in Western Pa.
I was on the faculty (1980-1983) and am a graduate of Youngstown Ursuline.