McKinley vs Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always good to beat McKinley but that was a pathetic performance after the early lead. No killer instinct to bury them. Tons of mistakes and 2 points. I hope we don't think we are championship caliber with that performance. We have got to be the least aesthetically pleasing good team to watch.
Moore said this after the game. He sounded upset they took their foot off the gas. This does not bode well for Perry next week.

Yes we do have to play better and no excuse for the blah 2nd half. But McK D hung tough and I thought got stronger as the game went which is the opposite of what I expected so I’ll give them credit. What was inexcusable was the the long td with 13 seconds left till half, in a prevent d. Made me cuss in front of my kids.

Sehs73 is right too more teams should schedule up a game or 2 even if you lose more times than not it “should” make you hungrier to be better and keeps you humble. And expanded playoffs makes it easier to do. Thanks btw.

Btw other than that one play our D played very well. Our O, idk, watching it felt like we had 28-35 pts but I double checked and nope, just 23. It’s McKinley I’ll take the W.

No, it's because Mck hasn't had the freakish athletes they normally have. The talent level now compared to 20 years ago is nuts. Kinta Mitchell, Donnie Martin, Che Bryant, Mcdaniels, Popko, DC Curtis, Tremaine Mckelroy, Julious Lancaster all on the same team. That's what they used to put on the field. It has nothing to do with the league they are in.
Keep telling yourself that, numbers don’t lie.

McKinley joined the Federal League in 2003. From 1982-2002 Massillon was 11-12 against McKinley. Since McKinley joined the Federal League, Massillon is 17-6 against McKinley. And the first three years McKinley won. Maybe its because McKinley plays inferior opponents in the Federal League that simply does not prepare them for the type of game Massillon plays.
I believe that may coincide with the fact that McKinley 's program is not as good as it once was for a variety of issues and has not been competitive with Massillon for years now. They did scheduled some good opponents for their first 3 games but lost all 3 of them. I have been a McKinley fan all of my life and quite frankly, the program is not what it once was and the attendance has been way down with today being the exception. Hopefully the program will rebound and once again become the competitive program that is respected.

I believe that may coincide with the fact that McKinley 's program is not as good as it once was for a variety of issues and has not been competitive with Massillon for years now. They did scheduled some good opponents for their first 3 games but lost all 3 of them. I have been a McKinley fan all of my life and quite frankly, the program is not what it once was and the attendance has been way down with today being the exception. Hopefully the program will rebound and once again become the competitive program that is respected.
I would start with looking at the youth program. It starts there. Massillon ran into this with Jason Hall. The youth program was in shambles. Moore re-built it and now it is thriving. Massillon is extremely young this year. Almost the entire team returns next year. Minus Hartson, Banks but their are kids coming up that are just as good. Look at the downfall of Louisville. The Little Leps program groomed those kids for years and it showed in how they played at the HS level. Now it is Daddy ball. Avon has a strong youth program, Mentor strong youth program. It starts there

I would say 14,000 plus 2000 outside the stadium.
I believe that you are correct as I looked at the seats left on the site where you bought your seats. I ended up figuring a bit above 14,000. I am interested in what the streaming brought in as its the same as adding more butts to the seats. I wonder if anyone has that number ?

Boring game!!! Massillon has clearly outclassed McKinley over last 10 years. The communities may dislike each other but as a competitive rivalry this one disappoints. McKinley is but a shadow of its former self.

That should happen with or without tv for the greatest game in the history of football.
It was a good game. The kids on both sides played with a lot of heart. Coaches on both teams have put in a lot of work. Hall and his coaches are showing that they are in the process of rebuilding the program. Will take a little time, but this team has really improved. The defense did an incredible job! I’m impressed with what I saw overall.

What a day! Perfect weather, stadium was packed, home team dominated to the delight of their fans. Wonderful. Weird, not an orange T shirt in sight?!?

Oh...I was at The Shoe watching the Buckeyes. Went down with the crew to celebrate with Mike Doss. :cool:

From what we heard, McK hung tough against a good Massillon team. Losing our best athlete and WR/DB certainly didn't help. Hopefully he will get better quickly as we move ahead to the playoffs. Good luck to all the Stark teams!

What a day! Perfect weather, stadium was packed, home team dominated to the delight of their fans. Wonderful. Weird, not an orange T shirt in sight?!?

Oh...I was at The Shoe watching the Buckeyes. Went down with the crew to celebrate with Mike Doss. :cool:

From what we heard, McK hung tough against a good Massillon team. Losing our best athlete and WR/DB certainly didn't help. Hopefully he will get better quickly as we move ahead to the playoffs. Good luck to all the Stark teams!
I can fill you in on how things went up here if you like.

Now we are down to accepting we hung tough.
No wonder for the demise of the program

My2sense vindicated as the lack of live over the air broadcast indicates this game just doesn't mean what it used to mean.
Just one of many examples that could be given, but yes.

From what I understand Massillon refused to share live broadcast availability to other outlets.

Just one of many examples that could be given, but yes.

From what I understand Massillon refused to share live broadcast availability to other outlets.

I hope this is true. This rivalry and these kids deserve the packed house atmosphere they experienced, and we as fans experienced, and in their best financial interests. That was the way it should be. I’d like to give all the credit to Massillon but I know you often pull things out of your .

Now we are down to accepting we hung tough.
No wonder for the demise of the program
It's been like this for a while. When a Massillon poster has mentioned our 6 (now 7) in a row, there were always a few McKinley/fed fans with the...."yes but the majority of those games gave been close."

I've looked and looked but still haven't been able to find the "close loss" column on the Joe Eitel site.

Status
Not open for further replies.