McKinley,Hoover,GlenOak,and the Federal League

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantonKid

Records against other Federal League teams since McKinley joined the League in 2004.

McKinley 80-22
Hoover 51-51
GlenOak 51-51

All the other teams have losing records.

Records against other Federal League teams since McKinley joined the League in 2004.

McKinley 80-22
Hoover 51-51
GlenOak 51-51

All the other teams have losing records.
In the 2 years that Louisville played 4 teams from the Federal they are 4-4. Maybe a new league without McKinley and adding Louisville would be more fair and balance. McKinley doesn't have a need to be in a conference, they would have no issue scheduling for any of their programs. Plenty of D-1 schools looking for open weeks to fill.

In the 2 years that Louisville played 4 teams from the Federal they are 4-4. Maybe a new league without McKinley and adding Louisville would be more fair and balance. McKinley doesn't have a need to be in a conference, they would have no issue scheduling for any of their programs. Plenty of D-1 schools looking for open weeks to fill.
There’s more to it than that for McKinley. Football is only one factor when being a part of a league. There are a lot of financial factors for athletics as a whole that weigh heavier.

There’s more to it than that for McKinley. Football is only one factor when being a part of a league. There are a lot of financial factors for athletics as a whole that weigh heavier.
McKinley, like Massillion, are one of the few schools who can do very well in the independent sports world. When you think of the football side and see a 10 game schedule that included Mentor, Iggy, St Ed's, Warren, Massillion and some Federal schools to name a few would make their gate 2x's what they get today. They got the name factor that makes scheduling easy and 7 plus home games a year would be easy.

McKinley, like Massillion, are one of the few schools who can do very well in the independent sports world. When you think of the football side and see a 10 game schedule that included Mentor, Iggy, St Ed's, Warren, Massillion and some Federal schools to name a few would make their gate 2x's what they get today. They got the name factor that makes scheduling easy and 7 plus home games a year would be easy.
McKinley cannot compete against Mentor, Iggy and St, Eds on the schedule at the same time at this point. Anybody who thinks McKinley can is fooling themselves. We're barely hanging on against Massillon.

McKinley has no desire to leave the Federal League, you're basing this on one sport, being in the FED enriches the other sports. If Louisville is interested in joining, they need to accept that McKinley has no plans to leave the league. I think it would be in the best interest if Louisville to join the FED, they can wait around to see if the EBC implodes, but there is no guarantee it will. I see no other viable options for Louisville in regards to league affiliation unless they look towards the Youngstown area.

McKinley has no desire to leave the Federal League, you're basing this on one sport, being in the FED enriches the other sports. If Louisville is interested in joining, they need to accept that McKinley has no plans to leave the league. I think it would be in the best interest if Louisville to join the FED, they can wait around to see if the EBC implodes, but there is no guarantee it will. I see no other viable options for Louisville in regards to league affiliation unless they look towards the Youngstown area.

I'm not being snide or controversial. I'm asking an honest question to my bolded statement up there. Has the Fed really enriched McKinley in the other sports? I know all the arguments around Massillon joining is that they could in no way compete in the "other sports" (although Jackson basketball may think differently now). I'm just wondering if this is, in fact a popular opinion or if it's just legendary lore that we've heard for years. Can some of you idiots PLEASE try to keep this somewhat civil?

I'm not being snide or controversial. I'm asking an honest question to my bolded statement up there. Has the Fed really enriched McKinley in the other sports? I know all the arguments around Massillon joining is that they could in no way compete in the "other sports" (although Jackson basketball may think differently now). I'm just wondering if this is, in fact a popular opinion or if it's just legendary lore that we've heard for years. Can some of you idiots PLEASE try to keep this somewhat civil?
Your thinking about why Massillon hasn't gotten into the Federal League is laughable and shows how far into the sand you have your head. More denial.

Egret, from a competitive standpoint no. After several years I think we can now safely call that a myth. From a scheduling, administrative and cost standpoint yes - which one can not minimize esp. for cash strapped districts.

Fair question, while football and basketball are revenue positive sports, being in the FED helps with the other sports that are in general non-revenue producing sports. First of all, it limits the travel distance by having built in games into the schedule, thus it saves money for the school. For example, let's say Massillon Boys Soccer, I would guess that it's not a revenue producing sport, briefly looking at their schedule, it appears they had to travel out of Stark County for a fair share of their matches, thus it takes funds from the schools athletic coffers. Another way it enriches a school is that by being in a league, it allows the teams to compete for a league title, as well as receive recognition for being all league, which is something being Indy doesnt allow. There are some other examples that could be used, but in light of brevity I wont list them. While you're right that McKinley has struggled in some of the off sports, I will say that they have shown improvement in most of those sports. Some of those sports are not city friendly sports, such as soccer, tennis etc, due to lack of city wide facilities, which is why you see few city schools that are strong in these sports. McKinely has no desire to leave the FED and get into the situation that Massillon has, of trying to piece together schedules for non-revenue sports, this is probably one of the driving reasons why the ADMIN at Massillon desperate;y wants in a league.

LMAO, Massillon beats Jackson basketball once in what was their worst team in many years and now Massillon is good in other sports?

LMAO, Massillon beats Jackson basketball once in what was their worst team in many years and now Massillon is good in other sports?
I'm pretty sure they've been competitive in track and baseball at least. Are you just the idiot you seem to be on here or is this just all controversial? Oh, plus now we're talking about what years they are going to be competitive. You are a goof. Plain and simple.
And it was arguably Massillon's best team ever. And the game was at Massillon. And it went into overtime.
Wow, let the excuses come out of the woodwork now. Tubby, do you have any idea how stupid this sounds?

By the way, only one person attempted to answer my question. Which means the two unemployed idiots on here are that way for a reason. Mental and physical laziness. And stupidity.

By the way, only one person attempted to answer my question. Which means the two unemployed idiots on here are that way for a reason. Mental and physical laziness. And stupidity.
Why answer a question when the basis upon which you ask it is laughably flawed?

Have another drink and think of some new ways to denigrate others. Your routine is getting old.

Ouch coming from someone whose school boasts a 49% reading proficiency and 27% math proficiency that hurts.

I'm pretty sure they've been competitive in track and baseball at least. Are you just the idiot you seem to be on here or is this just all controversial? Oh, plus now we're talking about what years they are going to be competitive. You are a goof. Plain and simple.

Wow, let the excuses come out of the woodwork now. Tubby, do you have any idea how stupid this sounds?

FYI. The MWHS Girls Bowling team defeated Jackson this season. ?

The 2019-20 Tiger team was not Massillon’s best team ever. Not even close. More FAKE NEWS.
Uh 18-4 record in regular season tied the best school record of 18-2 (20 game schedule) 2005-2006 in school history. 18 wins in 2019-2020 seems similar to 18 wins 2005-2006. So one would say that yes it was pretty close. #Numbers are hard.

Uh 18-4 record in regular season tied the best school record of 18-2 (20 game schedule) 2005-2006 in school history. 18 wins in 2019-2020 seems similar to 18 wins 2005-2006. So one would say that yes it was pretty close. #Numbers are hard.
Plus, I said "arguably" not "definitively,"

Maxie - How are you doing with providing those numbers from Ohio's Attorney General you said you had? You disappeared on me.

I was responding to the post that this year’s team was Massillon’s team best ever. Not true. Certainly, this team was good. The 2020-21 should be better. We will see.

I was responding to the post that this year’s was Massillon’s team best ever. Not true. Certainly, this team was good. The 2020-21 should be better. We will see.
Hmmm, again an 18 win season that tied the previous school record would be a fairly clear indicator that this team could make an argument for being the best ever. If you are going to speak to next year's team then you must be Nostradamus. The logic is very telling.

Hmmm, again an 18 win season that tied the previous school record would be a fairly clear indicator that this team could make an argument for being the best ever. If you are going to speak to next year's team then you must be Nostradamus. The logic is very telling.

No. What is very telling, your obsession with everything Massillon. We are flattered. GO TIGERS! ?

No. What is very telling, your obsession with everything Massillon. We are flattered. GO TIGERS! ?
When all else fails (like facts and logic) deflect to the "obsession" card. Just keep reinforcing the narrative about Titleless Town.

Why answer a question when the basis upon which you ask it is laughably flawed?

Have another drink and think of some new ways to denigrate others. Your routine is getting old.
Laughable only to you who has no chance of answering it. As far as routines getting old, the "have another drink" is about as old as your waist is huge. Why don't YOU find a new routine loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.