McKinley High School football head coach Marcus Wattley, seven assistant coaches suspended

What was Garcia’s record the last two years he was HC?
4-16 lol. But they were 7-13 the two years before he took over previously and they made the Regional Championship in his second year. I do not expect it to be that quick of turnaround this time but I do expect it to happen.

If the Pizza story is true, it’s not great but I wouldn’t want a man to lose his job. Then again my religion doesn’t restrict my diet and I don’t have perspective. Hopefully we can all learn and grow from this. Go Bulldogs go 14-1 this year!

If the Pizza story is true, it’s not great but I wouldn’t want a man to lose his job. Then again my religion doesn’t restrict my diet and I don’t have perspective. Hopefully we can all learn and grow from this. Go Bulldogs go 14-1 this year!
If it's true, they deserve whatever punishment they get. These are grown men who should know better. There's other ways to punish someone for disobeying the rules. What kind of punishment is it to have make someone eat a pizza unless they knew that it was forbidden? I've heard of a lot of punishments and heard a lot of hazing stories, not one involved forcing someone to eat a pizza. If in fact the pizza story is true.

Idiotic statement. No one is looking to eighty-six anyone involved in this as a great opportunity. Not a single person.
I know you're in touch with the program but do you know every single persons thoughts on Wattley?

You HONESTLY don't think there are some higher ups who aren't happy with Wattley and who would love to use this as an opportunity to oust him?

Last edited:
I get that but according to the paper all the coaches were at this particular training session, and 1 S&C coach could not possibly handle all 90 plus players for a training session unless broken down into smaller groups
usually in larger districts, they have a S&C coach that oversees all athletic programs and his job is to run lifting sessions for sport that wants it. but i see what you’re saying, it would’ve had to have been broken up

I know you're in touch with the program but do you know every single persons thoughts on Wattley?

You HONESTLY don't think there are some higher ups who aren't happy with Wattley and who would love to use this as an opportunity to oust him?
Dave, don't feed this troll. He has ZERO insight into what "higher ups" are thinking at McK.

Winning covers a multitude of sins. Moore put an entire season on the line so he and his wife could recreate Blind Side. But now Mass fan worships him.

Maybe we could wait until some official word comes out before we start naming who should be fired ?‍♂️

Saving a kid....getting him in shape, mentally AND physically....helping him raise his grades enough to get into college....is being compared to what the McKinley staff allegedly did? Wow.

Dave, don't feed this troll. He has ZERO insight into what "higher ups" are thinking at McK.
Never said I had any insight sweetie, but to think that there AREN'T any who would love to use this as a reason to get rid of Wattley is simply foolish, even for you. You know as well as I do that at EVERY SINGLE HIGH SCHOOL IN AMERICA there are people in high places who simply do not like the coach. A coach could be 60-0 with 4 state titles and he has rubbed someone the wrong way enough that, despite his record, they want him gone. Wake up.

The Moores are "saviors" lol. Like Jesus. Thanks for proving my point.
You've outed yourself, comparing our situation to yours, night and day sweetie, night and day. Thayer is getting an education, had gotten himself in shape and is going to be a millionaire, because of the Moores. How does what the pup coaches "allegedly" did benefit anyone?

And....didn't you just feed the troll? Lol.

Article from 2017 about the relationship between Coach Moore and Thayer Munford:

I'm sure they did break some rules (and Munford was suspended for 7 games because of that) but its also clear that Moore cares about Munford as a person and wasn't just using him to help his own career.

The issue was Hazing. A board of education rule that every school system has. Questions to discuss: Could this lead to criminal charges.
Will the parents sue? If that was your kid, how would you feel? How will the fan base react if the coaches and staff are dismiss? Or if he is retained? Was this about forcing the player to eat Pizza as the rest of the team was made to run laps until he finished or just trying to make a scapegoat and send a message. But I think we can all agree the longer this issue is not resolve the worst it is for the team and school system.

Winning covers a multitude of sins. Moore put an entire season on the line so he and his wife could recreate Blind Side. But now Mass fan worships him.

Maybe we could wait until some official word comes out before we start naming who should be fired ?‍♂️
Oh helping a kid from a terrible situation is the same has hazing a kid with a pizza? Boy you get dumber year after year??

Moore is no saint and his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired but he is a good man and I’m glad his family helped Munford. He helped Rankl out too. They weren’t doing it for personal reasons. Just being good people. Most on here need to try it themselves.