McKinley football 2019

Reviewed some video. Wesley has really grown the last 2-3 weeks. Certainly still room to grow but a credit to the young man and coaches. When someone told him he'd be "Player of the Game" some time soon he replied "My award is the "W".

Please go beat Mentor....and shut up the two goofs from Mentor....
Easier said than done, especially now that we have maybe 5 starting spots that are likely lost due to injuries over the last three games. Mentor (along w/St. Ed's imo) isn't the best team in Ohio for nothing, either. Our kids will show up with their slingshot and take their best shot at it. It would easily be the upset of the year. David versus Goliath.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

From today's Cleveland Plain Dealer, Coach Wattley said, "The big thing about Lamier (Garrett) is he kept us in the game. He was able to grind out yards, move the ball and change field position. Then (when) he got a chance to punch the ball in, HE PUNCHED THE BALL IN."

IMO, as a Bulldog fan, one must love to have BOTH Wesley and Garrett on the team. They both contribute so much toward the team's success.

Good luck to all. Go PUPS! sam (p.s. - the stats from my previous post were from FNO - which were slightly different than WHBC's game stats.)

Hey pup fans. Heard your linebacker, #3 got hurt last night. I was told that it didn't look good. Any thoughts on if he will play Friday. How is his backup?

Hey pup fans. Heard your linebacker, #3 got hurt last night. I was told that it didn't look good. Any thoughts on if he will play Friday. How is his backup?
Aren't you the one who said Wesley couldn't be relied on to win the game with his arm? That's exactly what he did.

As for individual injury assessments, I don't go public with that stuff. Suffice to say, we are pretty banged up and won't be @ full strength against Mentor. The kids we have healthy will give everything they have.

Always, always keep the faith!

Aren't you the one who said Wesley couldn't be relied on to win the game with his arm? That's exactly what he did.

As for individual injury assessments, I don't go public with that stuff. Suffice to say, we are pretty banged up and won't be @ full strength against Mentor. The kids we have healthy will give everything they have.

Yes, I did say that about your quarterback, and I stand by that comment. In order to beat McKinley, you have to make Wesley beat you. He may have done it last night, but he sure couldn't do it last week, now could he? Solon's defense gave up an average of 25 points a game. Not a huge feather in someone's cap to have a day against that kind of defense.

Yes, I did say that about your quarterback, and I stand by that comment. In order to beat McKinley, you have to make Wesley beat you. He may have done it last night, but he sure couldn't do it last week, now could he? Solon's defense gave up an average of 25 points a game. Not a huge feather in someone's cap to have a day against that kind of defense.
He nearly beat you last week and everyone knows it. That was after throwing a perfect McKinley touchdown pass against you to put us up 7-0. That horse collar no-call saved your , and that dirty play wss directed @him.

Now if you want to come troll us, God help you if I do the same Hoban week. Do yourself and your team a favor and get lost.

He nearly beat you last week and everyone knows it. That was after throwing a perfect McKinley touchdown pass against you to put us up 7-0. That horse collar no-call saved your , and that dirty play wss directed @him.

Now if you want to come troll us, God help you if I do the same Hoban week. Do yourself and your team a favor and get lost.

Actually, I was not attempting to troll. I simply asked about the injury to your star linebacker. You, sir, are the one that brought your quarterback into the discussion. I simply answered your question and stood by my earlier comment.
As far as you trolling Massillon if we get to play Hoban, I would understand that, because you obviously need to support some team that has beaten Massillon recently. We all know that McKinley hasn't been able to do that.
By the way, weren't you the one that for a long time kept typing that Wattley owns Massillon? How did that work out for you?
Again, all I wanted was to ask about your linebacker. He is a stud, and I hope he is able to play this week.
Good luck to your pups this week.

Actually, I was not attempting to troll. I simply asked about the injury to your star linebacker. You, sir, are the one that brought your quarterback into the discussion. I simply answered your question and stood by my earlier comment.
As far as you trolling Massillon if we get to play Hoban, I would understand that, because you obviously need to support some team that has beaten Massillon recently. We all know that McKinley hasn't been able to do that.
By the way, weren't you the one that for a long time kept typing that Wattley owns Massillon? How did that work out for you?
Again, all I wanted was to ask about your linebacker. He is a stud, and I hope he is able to play this week.
Good luck to your pups this week.
You just screwed your team big time, big mouth. No RREAL titles for you. When Hoban takes the field, they won't see orange. They'll see red.

27-0
0-48
0-125

Without our official big school State Football Championships Stark County would have NONE

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESSIS TRADITION

. Feel better now after criticizing a high school kid?

From today's Cleveland Plain Dealer, Coach Wattley said, "The big thing about Lamier (Garrett) is he kept us in the game. He was able to grind out yards, move the ball and change field position. Then (when) he got a chance to punch the ball in, HE PUNCHED THE BALL IN."

IMO, as a Bulldog fan, one must love to have BOTH Wesley and Garrett on the team. They both contribute so much toward the team's success.

Good luck to all. Go PUPS! sam (p.s. - the stats from my previous post were from FNO - which were slightly different than WHBC's game stats.)
So why didn't he do it against Massillon or Euclid?

Bulldog fans heading to Twinsburg should get there early for parking. It's going to be below freezing for the game, so make sure you dress for it.

BEAT Mentor!

"McKinley faces familiar foe in second round"

Despite the headline, this is only the 3rd time that Mentor and McKinley have played in Triv's 22 seasons as coach of Mentor:

1997 Week 4: McKinley 49 Mentor 0
2006 State SemiFinal: Mentor 18 McKinley 13
2018 Regional Semi-Final: Mentor 36 McKinley 6

Mentor is a very talented team who deserves every bit of our respect. BUT, they can only put ELEVEN men on the field at one time! And, in high school football, anything can happen.

It has been a great year for the PUPS, and I would love to see McK advance further in the playoffs - if only to to quiet my neighbors in Cleveland. (For those unfamiliar with Cleveland, NO STARK County school is given ANY large amount of respect.)

I will be cheering for the PUPS. Play well, be safe, and have FUN! Good luck to all Stark County Teams. GO PUPS! GO TIGERS! sam

Despite the headline, this is only the 3rd time that Mentor and McKinley have played in Triv's 22 seasons as coach of Mentor:

1997 Week 4: McKinley 49 Mentor 0
2006 State SemiFinal: Mentor 18 McKinley 13
2018 Regional Semi-Final: Mentor 36 McKinley 6
This is the SIXTH game between McKinley and Mentor.

1995 McKinley 29 Mentor 16
1996 McKinley 36 Mentor 0
1997 McKinley 49 Mentor 0
2006 Mentor 18 McKinley 13
2018 Mentor 36 McKinley 6

State Finals: McKinley 6 Mentor 4
State Winners: McKinley 3 Mentor 0
Go Bulldogs!

Last edited:
Easier said than done, especially now that we have maybe 5 starting spots that are likely lost due to injuries over the last three games. Mentor (along w/St. Ed's imo) isn't the best team in Ohio for nothing, either. Our kids will show up with their slingshot and take their best shot at it. It would easily be the upset of the year. David versus Goliath.

Making excuses ? just say we can’t win ??slingshot ?‍♂️

This is the SIXTH game between McKinley and Mentor.

1995 McKinley 29 Mentor 16
1996 McKinley 36 Mentor 0
1997 McKinley 49 Mentor 0
2006 Mentor 18 McKinley 13
2018 Mentor 36 McKinley 6

I suspect they know that....it's probably why they said "this is only the 3rd time that Mentor and McKinley have played in Triv's 22 seasons as coach of Mentor (i.e. since 1997).