McKinley football 2019

I like McKinley's team, I really do, and this is not meant to disrespect the bulldogs, but if what I saw Saturday was their best version of their passing game, they will not last long in the playoffs. Garrett is awesome, but at some point, they will need to have a reliable passing attack to help him out, and I did not see that Saturday.
McKinley fans, what are your thoughts?

Ok - now lets get serious here....

Pups were one horse collar non-call away from knocking on the door! - yes that is part of game but was TERRIBLE NO call - FACT!

Then.... Pups had Massillon backed up on third down - and Massillon QB competed a BOMB that set off a BOMB that ended the game!

So that being said - if not for those 2 KEY PLAYS That game could have been the other way - even if McK QB only completed like 4 passes!

That is how I saw it!

I haven't posted hardly at all this season because other then over the internet I haven't seen a game till the Massillon game so I want your opinion on this JJ. McKinley can't have another 90 plus yards in penalty's. Please bring back the 5 to 10 yard pass please. Not every pass needs to be a deep ball thrown and last please wide receivers block down field for your running backs.
I totally agree, Caleb. Short forward passes to our playmakers can be really important to keeping drives alive and create the possibility of a big play. Massillon did it to us and I found it annoying that we weren't returning the favor. They are higher percentage plays that are very effective in colder weather. The penalties nullified our plus 3 turnovers advantage, especially the ones that killed defensive momentum and extended Tiger scoring drives. I wanted to pull my hair out! lol. We were our own worst enemy.

Always, always keep the faith!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Get a swing pass to that freaking stud in the backfield and it would be hard to stop. Guy was a beast and I enjoyed watching him run. All the way from here in Florida.

Near the end of the 4th quarter of the Perry and Massilllon games they scored long pass completions for touchdowns,I know why Perry scored but on Saturday that took the cake.It was a complete lapse of coaching and horrible play making on the coverage and it's been that way thru how many different coaching staffs?Go ahead and blame the officials but it comes down to the boys,for a long time now they don't get it,just look at the penalties for years and years way overboard.Don't have an answer other than we are carried every year by some very good athletes and it seems like just not enough to stop these stupid losses...BAM!...Like it or not that's how I see it fans,I'm done till GameDay and then will be looking forward to McK Hoops.

Near the end of the 4th quarter of the Perry and Massilllon games they scored long pass completions for touchdowns,I know why Perry scored but on Saturday that took the cake.It was a complete lapse of coaching and horrible play making on the coverage and it's been that way thru how many different coaching staffs?Go ahead and blame the officials but it comes down to the boys,for a long time now they don't get it,just look at the penalties for years and years way overboard.Don't have an answer other than we are carried every year by some very good athletes and it seems like just not enough to stop these stupid losses...BAM!...Like it or not that's how I see it fans,I'm done till GameDay and then will be looking forward to McK Hoops.
I get your frustration Raymo, but our losses lately have been to teams with outstanding players of their own who also commit dumb penalties. My beef is with going away from Garrett in the crunch. He's All-Ohio for a reason. I see us as a couple of non- Garrett plays from possibly being undefeated this year. Hopefully, lessons have been learned and we can make a big noise yet with this group of great kids. It's been a much better year so far than many predicted with this new young coach, and i think next year could see a battle of 9-0 teams week 10. We have basically an underclassman team. We play a lot of sophomores, and most of these guys will be back. So I remain optimistic, warts and all. We can't do anything about the officiating We can only play as hard and focused as possible for a bunch of teenagers and hope it's enough. Every single team in Ohio is gonna lose in the playoffs aside from the champion, no matter how good they are. Every single team will committ dumb mistakes. When the Seahawks threw that pass in the Super Bowl a few years back, I realized that even the people paid millions of dollars to get it right often don't. So I'm not gonna come down too hard on our people when they mess up, either. All I ask is that they try hard to do the best they can to make themselves proud and make us glad to go out and support their efforts, win or lose. I'm very proud to get to support a team that fights to the finish, and never gives in. Always keep the faith my friend!

Exactly. Discipline comes from the head coach.

I get your frustration Raymo, but our losses lately have been to teams with outstanding players of their own who also commit dumb penalties. My beef is with going away from Garrett in the crunch. He's All-Ohio for a reason. I see us as a couple of non- Garrett plays from possibly being undefeated this year. Hopefully, lessons have been learned and we can make a big noise yet with this group of great kids. It's been a much better year so far than many predicted with this new young coach, and i think next year could see a battle of 9-0 teams week 10. We have basically an underclassman team. We play a lot of sophomores, and most of these guys will be back. So I remain optimistic, warts and all. We can't do anything about the officiating We can only play as hard and focused as possible for a bunch of teenagers and hope it's enough. Every single team in Ohio is gonna lose in the playoffs aside from the champion, no matter how good they are. Every single team will committ dumb mistakes. When the Seahawks threw that pass in the Super Bowl a few years back, I realized that even the people paid millions of dollars to get it right often don't. So I'm not gonna come down too hard on our people when they mess up, either. All I ask is that they try hard to do the best they can to make themselves proud and make us glad to go out and support their efforts, win or lose. I'm very proud to get to support a team that fights to the finish, and never gives in. Always keep the faith my friend!

I said it before and I shall say it again- why go away from Garrett? Someone is trying to make the QB an hero and it has cost McK 2 games. You have a horse like Garrett in the backfield go with him. The kid is All Ohio.

I said it before and I shall say it again- why go away from Garrett? Someone is trying to make the QB an hero and it has cost McK 2 games. You have a horse like Garrett in the backfield go with him. The kid is All Ohio.
I agree. The two most important plays in games that were McKinley losses, one of the best running backs in Ohio didn't touched the ball.

They weren't trying to make the QB the hero. The OC thought Euclid would expect Garrett and could stop him from 3 yards out. They called the wrong pass play, though, because a fade is the hardest pass play to execute at any level. The Massillon game we have a 3rd and 4 at their 21 with 3+ min to go. Two Garrett runs and they werent stopping him. He was determined to win it. We score with no time left for Massillon. But instead, we run a reverse that didn't work in the first half and is a horizontal play, so no gain and we're then forced to pass. Even if we completed that pass and go up 21-17, we leave Massillon way too much time to score. Badre does a pretty good job overall, but I think crunch time Coach Wattley has to tell him who gets the rock from now on. Coach Wattley is the perfect fit for us and over time , those who don't already see this, will. It's his first year here, so let's not lose sight of that fact. Support him and his team win or lose.

GO Pups! BEAT SOLON!

'He's a dude': McKinley sophomore Manny Powell dominates in first varsity season
Our sophomore class is outstanding! We will be a serious threat for at least the next couple of years to come!

Always, always keep the faith!

Well now the turnover bug is getting us tonight. Two deep in Solon side of the field. Of course gave up another big play on defense.

McK was crusing until a bad snap. Running the ball is great, but eventually you have to be able to throw it with some competency to beat the better teams in the state. Unfortunately, that's something McK can't do year after year.

McK was crusing until a bad snap. Running the ball is great, but eventually you have to be able to throw it with some competency to beat the better teams in the state. Unfortunately, that's something McK can't do year after year.

And just as I say that they get back and win the game largely through the air. Great resiliencecy.

Great comeback WIN by THE PUPS in the Fourth Quarter to finish the scoring at 29 to 25! Some random thoughts include:

Lamier Garrett named Game MVP by WHBC radio station. He rushed 30 times for 182 yards and scored THREE TDs.

McK QB Elijah Wesley was 13 for 20 with One TD and NO Ints and threw for 248 yards!

Manny Powell was the defensive stand out with 12 team high tackles of which 10 were solo tackles and two were sacks. Manny is a 6'2 - 205 Soph who starts on the defensive line. (Next year it is said that he will see heavy action in the Offensive Backfield.)

Total yards were 436 for McK, and 330 for Solon.

Penalties were McK 6/65, and Solon 3/25.

Turnovers were Two fumbles lost for McK, and One fumble lost by Solon.

McKinley needed to score two late 4th Quarter TDs to win the game. The first four times McKinley earlier had reached the "Red Zone", they lost Two fumbles, and Twice gave the ball up on Downs. BUT, the PUPS kept on fighting and never gave up! It was an UGLY win, which McK fans will gladly take.

When the media reporters asked Garrett, "What did you say to your teammates to get them motivated to win?" Garrett replied, "We are NOT ready to go home. We have to try harder!"

IMO, Garrett was the MVP for his game PERFORMANCE AND his team LEADERSHIP!

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! sam