McKinley football 2019

CONGRATULATIONS PUPS! 41-0 winners over GlenOak.

Some stats from FNO include:

L. Garrett had 10 rushes for 97 yds. (& was the Q92 Radio "Player of the Game".)

E. Wesley was 9 of 11 passing for 169 yds and NO interceptions while throwing three TDS to Ross, Black, & Durant. Wesley also had three rushes for 31 yds.

PUPS pass defense made Three Interceptions for a total of 20 turnovers for the season.

Penalties were McK 8/45 and GlenOak had 7/54.

Total yds were McK 386 yds, and G/O 149 yds.

McK started to play subs in the Second Quarter.

A win for the PUPS! And, while the coach could have "NAMED" the final score, Coach Wattley showed CLASS by playing subs as early as the Second Quarter. I am proud of our Coach, Team, and Organization.

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO EVERYONE! sam

(NO ONE RUNS ON THE BAND!!!!! )

CONGRATULATIONS PUPS! 41-0 winners over GlenOak.

Some stats from FNO include:

L. Garrett had 10 rushes for 97 yds. (& was the Q92 Radio "Player of the Game".)

E. Wesley was 9 of 11 passing for 169 yds and NO interceptions while throwing three TDS to Ross, Black, & Durant. Wesley also had three rushes for 31 yds.

PUPS pass defense made Three Interceptions for a total of 20 turnovers for the season.

Penalties were McK 8/45 and GlenOak had 7/54.

Total yds were McK 386 yds, and G/O 149 yds.

McK started to play subs in the Second Quarter.

A win for the PUPS! And, while the coach could have "NAMED" the final score, Coach Wattley showed CLASS by playing subs as early as the Second Quarter. I am proud of our Coach, Team, and Organization.

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO EVERYONE! sam

(NO ONE RUNS ON THE BAND!!!!! )
It was very strange to see GlenOak only had 100+ fans and their band had no majorettes. They didn't have a student section, either, and their neighborhoods nearly surround the stadium. They had 45+ players total. I fear for their program. They have no wins against Ohio teams.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

It was very strange to see GlenOak only had 100+ fans and their band had no majorettes. They didn't have a student section, either, and their neighborhoods nearly surround the stadium. They had 45+ players total. I fear for their program. They have no wins against Ohio teams.

Sorry to hear that. They need to check and or change their off league schedule.

JJ, It is amazing to me how a great program like GlenOak can turn bad so quickly. I can remember not that long ago when GlenOak was competitive with and was beating our "Friends to the WEST."

We can only hope that our School Athletic Office and Administrators take notice and give our Coach Wattley EVERYTHING he needs to keep our program heading in the right direction. Coach Wattley has earned our respect.

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO MARCHING BAND (The Pride of Canton)! GO EVERYONE! sam

(NO ONE RUNS ON THE BAND!!!!!)

M#82, Yes, My point exactly! And, last year GlenOak was 1-9, and this year they will again most likely also be 1-9. THAT is a BIG drop off from the days not long ago when they were beating BOTH of our teams.

Today, JJ fears for the G/O program, and to be honest, it was not that long ago that I feared for the McKinley program.

NOT that many years ago, I worked as a volunteer for McK Head Coach Ron Johnson. I freely gave my time because I respected Coach Johnson. (AND, I got to meet again some OLD McK athletes who were teammates of mine back when I was so much younger.)

MY POINT: NEVER have I meet such an egotistical bunch of arrogant individuals than what I found in the McKinley Athletic, Administrative, and Board of Education offices. I am surprised today that McKinley can field a football team, let alone have success on the field.

Perhaps you can now understand why I am so "touchy" about protecting this coach and players. They need all the support they can get.

Good luck to you, and to all. GO PUPS! GO TIGERS! sam

Was wondering if this site was still around? Tried getting on a few times and kept getting the message that it moved and to click on a link and did that and got nothing. Then this morning reading my mail I see "what you've been missing on Yappi" clicked on it and here I am. GOOD LUCK BULLDOGS. I see my cousins grandson is doing good !

Welcome!!!

JJ, It is amazing to me how a great program like GlenOak can turn bad so quickly. I can remember not that long ago when GlenOak was competitive with and was beating our "Friends to the WEST."

We can only hope that our School Athletic Office and Administrators take notice and give our Coach Wattley EVERYTHING he needs to keep our program heading in the right direction. Coach Wattley has earned our respect.

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO MARCHING BAND (The Pride of Canton)! GO EVERYONE! sam

Coach Wattley is a great fit for us. I agree he should be given everything he wants because it will be put to good use. The brand new state of the art weight room being built along with a new lockeroom is great! Our program is definately on the ups!

Wins the next two weeks will guarantee a first round home game in D1R1, by far the toughest playoff region in Ohio.

What do 2 losses guarantee? Might want to look into that. Will history repeat? I guess we will see.

You need to worry about Louisville. You weren't very convincing against a very small team last night We are bigger than you.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION .
I think they should be worried about us. How convincing is stealing a win from Lake! ?

don’t get caught looking ahead JJpuppy.
Oh wait you already have a handful to deal with next week. ?

Coach Wattley is a great fit for us. I agree he should be given everything he wants because it will be put to good use. The brand new state of the art weight room being built along with a new lockeroom is great! Our program is definately on the ups!

I agree with you I don’t how long it’s been since I seen subs actually play on Friday nights kinda gave me the old feeling back. God I hope wattley stays for a long time. And the thing is this team is young

I think they should be worried about us. How convincing is stealing a win from Lake! ?

don’t get caught looking ahead JJpuppy.
Oh wait you already have a handful to deal with next week. ?
I think we face our toughest opponent since Euclid. Both are far better than anyone your Tigers have played. It's a good thing we have Coach Wattley. He takes each opponent one at a time. When he beat Massillon with his D3 Irish 2 seasons ago, he didn't look past them to week 10.

Last edited:
Who’s the back up QB who can’t be more than 5’2” but walks around like he has elephant balls? Love the way he plays! Sam? What does your research say?

Pupsband, I show the backup QB as #19 Amarian Williams, 5'8/155 Sophomore. (As I live in Cleveland, if anyone has better info please post it.)

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO BAND (The Pride of Canton)!
sam

Eric asks, "What do 2 losses guarantee?"
----------------------

Please go to "Drew Pasteur's Fantastic 50" & click D1R1 & then click on McKinley. As I read his info:

With a record of:

7-3 = Pups are 82% In The Playoffs & have 1% chance Home game

8-2 = 100% IN & 90% at Home

9-1 = 100% IN & 100% at HOME

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO TIGERS! sam

(NO ONE RUNS ON THE BAND!)

Pupsband, I show the backup QB as #19 Amarian Williams, 5'8/155 Sophomore. (As I live in Cleveland, if anyone has better info please post it.)

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO BAND (The Pride of Canton)!
sam

If he’s 5’8”/155, I’m 7 feet and look like Brad Pitt. Granted, I’m a handsome man, but......

Still love the way he carries himself. Acts like he deserves to be out there. You want that in your QBs. Go Pups!!!

Die Hard Eric wrote, "... How convincing is (McK) stealing a win from Lake!..."
--------------------------

Eric, I have no problem acknowledging that you have a Great Team, and I wish your TIGERS Good Luck in the coming playoffs.

I am sure you also realize that McKinley's situation is far different than yours. The Tigers have a coaching staff IN PLACE, and your coaches have had a chance to know your players and work with them.

On the other hand, the McKinley staff was ONLY hired in April of this year, and our coaches got a LATE start working with our kids and getting to have them learn a new playbook. The player evaluations and individual assignments are still going on today.

SO, ANY win by the PUPS has to be appreciated as a "work in progress". IMO, we are very LUCKY to have ANY wins!!! And, a win by McKinley today is a strong reflection of the HARD Work, Dedication, and Determination of the McKinley coaching staff and our players.

Eric, I hope you can give us that credit as well.

Good luck to you, and to all. GO PUPS! GO TIGERS! sam

(NO ONE RUNS ON THE BAND - The Pride of Canton!!!!!)

Was wondering if this site was still around? Tried getting on a few times and kept getting the message that it moved and to click on a link and did that and got nothing. Then this morning reading my mail I see "what you've been missing on Yappi" clicked on it and here I am. GOOD LUCK BULLDOGS. I see my cousins grandson is doing good !

Hi MackDawg! It's good to see you again old buddy!

Stark County's first official Football State Champions!
The Spirit of McKinley football lives on in each and every one of you! See you all @ Perry Friday night!

Last edited: