McKinley football 2019

We are starting from 9-3 and a first round D1 R1 win on the road @ Solon, the only team to knock off Mentor in the regular season.

St Edward started as state champion and looked the part.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION
And a 30 point loss to that same Mentor team.

We were winning in the first half for a while and stayed with them the first half. You were blown out by 4 touchdowns at halftime before Hoban fell asleep troll.

Lady's and gentlemen....now to present the, "we stayed with them for a whole half before they blew us out trophy."

We were winning in the first half for a while and stayed with them the first half. You were blown out by 4 touchdowns at halftime before Hoban fell asleep troll.

What happened in the second half of that Hoban game? What happened to you guys against St. Edward's? You really are mentally slow. And that's giving you a compliment. Apparently I'm not allowed to print what I really think of your mentality.

Lady's and gentlemen....now to present the, "we stayed with them for a whole half before they blew us out trophy."

Hey, @ least we know what trophies look like @ Canton McKinley, unlike Massillon. How does your school go 125 years without one single official OHSAA STATE championship? McKinley has 27.

Hey, @ least we know what trophies look like @ Canton McKinley, unlike Massillon. How does your school go 125 years without one single official OHSAA STATE championship? McKinley has 27.

That’s your comeback? Jesus Lord you are freaking pathetic.

They didn't, they went 47 without one since the playoffs began and 49 since their last poll title. Get it right Bob if you're gonna say it. This year it'll be 22 years for McKinley since their last in football. How did they go this long without another since you proclaim them to be the greatest Ohio team ever because of their game against St. Ignatius? Seriously, give it a rest and hope your team digs their way out of the hole they are in and finally gets back to being relevant in D-1 football.

That’s your comeback? Jesus Lord you are freaking pathetic.
This is the same guy who said the state championship game would have been worse if Hoban Hadnt fallen asleep in the second half. He then brags that McK stayed with Mentor for a half. Lol. He doesn't realize that Mentor had taken mckinley so lightly that they were asleep in the first half.
Pathetic is the fact that you guys are one of the most delusional and "arrogant for no reason" fan bases I have ever seen. You would think you guys were on par with the Moellers, St. Iggy, and even Eds of the world, you know schools that have won on the field in every decade. The FACT whether you want to admit it or not is that Massillon has NEVER won a State Title in ANY sport where they had to play in a game to win it. Yes they have been voted champ, but IMO that is just what it is. A poll championship, just as they have every year in basketball etc. where the Poll champ is awarded, and more times than not that team doesn't sniff the actual championship.

As far as the Mentor game, for one Mentor would have beaten Massillon. For two, if you lose your all time record holder at receiver early in the game, and then lose your other receiver you tend to be pretty one dimensional and easy to stop. Mentor had a hell of a team and it still would took a hell of a game to beat them but depth behind Woody and Ross was pretty slim and that was where McKinley had an advantage. It also snowballed "literally" if you were there as the snow and wind literally caused back to back turnovers. But hey, you can't change mother nature. S*** happens. And its real ironic how people talk about it's been whatever amount of years since McKinley last won a title, but in the same breathe want to keep bringing up all of these Voted on Titles when there wasn't even colored TV. SMH

Pathetic is the fact that you guys are one of the most delusional and "arrogant for no reason" fan bases I have ever seen. You would think you guys were on par with the Moellers, St. Iggy, and even Eds of the world, you know schools that have won on the field in every decade. The FACT whether you want to admit it or not is that Massillon has NEVER won a State Title in ANY sport where they had to play in a game to win it. Yes they have been voted champ, but IMO that is just what it is. A poll championship, just as they have every year in basketball etc. where the Poll champ is awarded, and more times than not that team doesn't sniff the actual championship.

As far as the Mentor game, for one Mentor would have beaten Massillon. For two, if you lose your all time record holder at receiver early in the game, and then lose your other receiver you tend to be pretty one dimensional and easy to stop. Mentor had a hell of a team and it still would took a hell of a game to beat them but depth behind Woody and Ross was pretty slim and that was where McKinley had an advantage. It also snowballed "literally" if you were there as the snow and wind literally caused back to back turnovers. But hey, you can't change mother nature. S*** happens. And its real ironic how people talk about it's been whatever amount of years since McKinley last won a title, but in the same breathe want to keep bringing up all of these Voted on Titles when there wasn't even colored TV. SMH

In your opinion? Your opinion wasn't even born yet back then, so it doesn't matter now and it wouldn't have mattered then. You can discredit history all you want but it doesn't change it. Most wins ever in the state of Ohio says a lot more than your opinion ever will. You don't want to give credit where it was due but you can't deny the record books. If McKinley was better than Massillon they wouldn't hold a losing record to them after having the series lead for more than 50 years (throwing in the series games with Canton Central, not even the same school), and they wouldn't have lost 7 of the last 8 games when Massillon was a D-2 school for most of them. Worry about getting your team back to relevance in D-1, just being there doesn't cut it, these are the things that are really pathetic.

Well said. I see a collegiate parallel: Michigan owns the series but Ohio State owns the national championship rings.

In your opinion? Your opinion wasn't even born yet back then, so it doesn't matter now and it wouldn't have mattered then. You can discredit history all you want but it doesn't change it. Most wins ever in the state of Ohio says a lot more than your opinion ever will. You don't want to give credit where it was due but you can't deny the record books. If McKinley was better than Massillon they wouldn't hold a losing record to them after having the series lead for more than 50 years (throwing in the series games with Canton Central, not even the same school), and they wouldn't have lost 7 of the last 8 games when Massillon was a D-2 school for most of them. Worry about getting your team back to relevance in D-1, just being there doesn't cut it, these are the things that are really pathetic.
:LOL: Did I "Strike" a nerve old head? Yes, I stated opinion but actually it's pretty much a fact. It was a "POLL" (ie: voted for) Championship. A Championship indeed, but a voted on one. The same way the AP votes at the end of each season where more times than not that person doesn't win it all. Just saying. And since Massillon is so great as you say, why is it that a team who has had all of these "VOTED" titles can't get it done on the field? Or court, swimming pool, track, or diamond for that matter. Explain that to me please Mr. City of Champions. Don't really get that at all but to each is own. And just letting you know that my opinion is older than you think and I would never discredit the old Massillon greats or some of those teams. I'm simply stating that they never WON a championship. When it comes to actually winning Championship games Massillon just doesn't get if done EVER. So you tell me which is Pathetic? But hey keep hanging onto those memories from before I was born and I'll keep looking at my own memories of personally winning a team Track and Football championship in my days. Circa 1972 btw. lol But don't get so angry, OG, it will give you wrinkles.

Ok, where do I start with this jibber jabber?

Have Moeller, Iggy and St. ED have NOT won in every decade, get your facts straight.

See, I personally don't think that Mentor would have beaten Massillon last year, but I KNOW that they would have beat Mckinley....just as we did.

I do however like the excuses about losing players, not having depth....whose fault is that? Don't fool yourself, if those two players were healthy, you still lose. Don't forget, we didn't have Jamir for the championship game either.

I also like the weather excuse. I REALLY like how you use the weather as an excuse....then....you say you can't change mother nature....was it cold and snowy when mckinley had the ball, then when Mentor got the ball it was sunny and 75 degrees?

Again. Please show me where anyone from Massillon "keeps bringing up all of these voted on titles." Everyone says that but nobody can ever produce any proof....you seem slightly intelligent, let's see if YOU can produce some examples of us continuously bring up our voted on poll titles....bet ya cant.

Again. Please show me where anyone from Massillon "keeps bringing up all of these voted on titles." Everyone says that but nobody can ever produce any proof....you seem slightly intelligent, let's see if YOU can produce some examples of us continuously bring up our voted on poll titles....bet ya cant.

Maybe you missed the signage on the outside of your stadium at the entrance. And you must have missed the signage inside your stadium. And what about the signs as you drive into your town? :oops:

Are you serious?

Absolutely brutal trying to navigate through this thread amongst grown men bickering back and fourth with no end to any argument. Came into this thread to hear how the scrimmage went. Last time I’ll be in this thread, it sucks!

And its real ironic how people talk about it's been whatever amount of years since McKinley last won a title, but in the same breathe want to keep bringing up all of these Voted on Titles when there wasn't even colored tv.
Now mac, you read this and tell me he was referring to the signs at our stadium or entering our town.

My post had nothing to do with his post. My post was in reference to your moronic comment about no one mentioning titles. :)
Again, (typing slowly so you can keep up), his post was implying that Massillon people are ON HERE....this site....yappi....the site you live on....just bringing up our poll titles left and right. I asked him to provide some examples of people doing that....still with me? So yeah, your post had EVERYTHING to do with his post. As far as the signs, you mention, they belong there.

That's your assumption. I think he's talking about the real world.
You think huh? You're not sure....you think. Well if that is the case, (it's not), every town that has signs when entering their town or signs inside their stadium mentioning their championships would be guilty of the same thing, no?

You think huh? You're not sure....you think. Well if that is the case, (it's not), every town that has signs when entering their town or signs inside their stadium mentioning their championships would be guilty of the same thing, no?
No. They have signs mentioning their REAL State Championships, won in a tournament, not poll titles. THAT is the difference.