McKinley football 2019

My review of the St.Eds Scrimmage.....big but weak offensive line, small wide receivers and inexperienced QB led to a tough day for pups against unimpressive St eds ...mck defense wasnt bad but Eds did what they wanted running the football....Going to be a long year for the pups...wouldn't be suprised if Nate Moore puts up 101 on Mck Week 10

But...But...JJ said that McK was going to be a player in DI this year, with the talent they have under the direction of coach Wattley? What y
Ed's is deep. But remember what i said, scrimmages are 'fool's gold'. It is good we use these to grapple with the best in Ohio to find out what needs work, who is ready to step up, practicing, etc. But results mean absolutely nothing. And when the season starts, nobody will care we won or lost a scrimmage and looked bad/ good in doing so.

Our defense is learning a brand new way to play. It is always an evolution that takes time, no matter how good the coaching is. Kids who are playing unfamiliar schemes second guess themselves because everything is different. Guys are sometimes out of position and when plays start, tackling is less crisp, etc. St. Edward has been playing the same for years and everything for them is second nature. So all things considered, our guys did ok.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

McK will be a player in DI this year, they have talent and coach Wattley will get the most out of that said talent. Thank God they were able to get rid of Reardon, he was holding the program back. Almost forgot to mention McK was able to somehow hire the DC away from TT. Unbelievable what they're doing over there in Dogtown.

Ed's is deep. But remember what i said, scrimmages are 'fool's gold'. It is good we use these to grapple with the best in Ohio to find out what needs work, who is ready to step up, practicing, etc. But results mean absolutely nothing. And when the season starts, nobody will care we won or lost a scrimmage and looked bad/ good in doing so.

Our defense is learning a brand new way to play. It is always an evolution that takes time, no matter how good the coaching is. Kids who are playing unfamiliar schemes second guess themselves because everything is different. Guys are sometimes out of position and when plays start, tackling is less crisp, etc. St. Edward has been playing the same for years and everything for them is second nature. So all things considered, our guys did ok.

I would think the Canton McKinley kids would be the ones used to playing together and everything is second nature to them. On the other hand, the St. Ed’s kids have came together from different communities and are the ones that have to quickly adjust and learn how to play together, timing patterns between the WR and QB, etc...

i remember when McKinley was worried about winning state titles and could careless about Massillon and Massillon was obsessed with Week 10 against McKinley...the rivalry is now just a formality McKinley will only beat Massillon in down years.....Mckinley just isn't McKinley anymore all the talent leaves the city Canton City Schools should've just took up the Timken kit when the schools merged and it's sad the McKinley Tradition is gone ....Even the fans have left Beautiful New 100 mil stadium and cant even put people in the seats anymore just parents the average Cantonian doesn't go to the game anymore and Basketball is the same way....just amazing how far McKinley Athletics are falling

i remember when McKinley was worried about winning state titles and could careless about Massillon and Massillon was obsessed with Week 10 against McKinley...the rivalry is now just a formality McKinley will only beat Massillon in down years.....Mckinley just isn't McKinley anymore all the talent leaves the city Canton City Schools should've just took up the Timken kit when the schools merged and it's sad the McKinley Tradition is gone ....Even the fans have left Beautiful New 100 mil stadium and cant even put people in the seats anymore just parents the average Cantonian doesn't go to the game anymore and Basketball is the same way....just amazing how far McKinley Athletics are falling

You have a lot to say for a troll with no official titles in any sport in 125 years! Lol!! All of your screen names scream the same nonsense out of frustration from Massillon being unable to win titles like McKinley. Between Massillon and McKinley, the ONLY McKinley is...

I would think the Canton McKinley kids would be the ones used to playing together and everything is second nature to them. On the other hand, the St. Ed’s kids have came together from different communities and are the ones that have to quickly adjust and learn how to play together, timing patterns between the WR and QB, etc...

Not when you have a brand new coach. Everything on the defensive side of the ball is brand new. The kids haven't had enough time to always know where they are in different schemes let alone execute their defense as a cohesive unit. Football 101.

Not when you have a brand new coach. Everything on the defensive side of the ball is brand new. The kids haven't had enough time to always know where they are in different schemes let alone execute their defense as a cohesive unit. Football 101.

That’s not what you said a few weeks ago. You should go to Mckinley practices and teach backpedaling, you getting good at it.

I think McKinley will be good by Federal league standards. That's where it ends.
It's a good thing no one cares what any of your 10 screen names thinks. Keep your focus on your Junior Circuit where it belongs.

Without our official big school State Football Championships Stark County would have NONE.

97-98 McKinley football came off back to back state titles and a usa today national title the greatest of times McKinley hasnt been a factor since 2004 lets face facts and things are going down hill haven't even won a Region Championship in 12 years....WIN=What's Important Now.....the pups win games no dount they just can't beat the powers anymore period

97-98 McKinley football came off back to back state titles and a usa today national title the greatest of times McKinley hasnt been a factor since 2004 lets face facts and things are going down hill haven't even won a Region Championship in 12 years....WIN=What's Important Now.....the pups win games no dount they just can't beat the powers anymore period
Well as long McKinley remains in the FL this this will be true

Love putting the boots to the Pups when they are down. In all honesty, McK is a brand name and has a rich history and tradition. This is a huge factor and base to build a foundation on. McK could be a monster again, would be a great restoration project for the right coach, just don't think Wattley is the answer.

McKinley had no business going into fed in football killed the brand and the place is empty the mck following is a fraction of what is was and it's sad

Yes I think they should we could be playing teams like eds and mentor and iggy which would benefit McKinley a lot more
I'm sure it would be more exciting but I believe that most years the best you would finish with them on the schedule is 6-4, and miss the playoffs WAY more often than not. Just my opinion. How do you feel it would benefit McKinley?

It went like I thought. Both coaches looking at a lot of people.
St Edward scored twice and McKinley once before I left. McKinley looked like they were learning defense from scratch and they basically are. But we have a qb.

So St Ed's beat McKinley 14-7?

So St Ed's beat McKinley 14-7?

Ed's was up 2-1 when I left and no extra points were kicked. Basically, each team gets the ball 10 plays and they go back and forth . There's no in-game punting or kicking.

St. Edward appears to have a very strong group capable of repeating as state champion. They also benefit from being used to their system for years now. So I feel we did ok all things considered. Both sides probably found things to work on. McKinley has new things to learn and hopefully by the Warren game, they will have enough of what they need to get past the Raiders, always a good rivalry game.

Always keep the faith!

Not a bad showing considering where each program is starting from.
We are starting from 9-3 and a first round D1 R1 win on the road @ Solon, the only team to knock off Mentor in the regular season.

St Edward started as state champion and looked the part.