McKinley football 2019

[QUOTE="John Lee Pettimore, post: 7348082, member: Mckinley will go 15-0.
[/QUOTE]

I like your optimism!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Any info on how the scrimmage went?

It went like I thought. Both coaches looking at a lot of people.
St Edward scored twice and McKinley once before I left. McKinley looked like they were learning defense from scratch and they basically are. But we have a qb.

My review of the St.Eds Scrimmage.....big but weak offensive line, small wide receivers and inexperienced QB led to a tough day for pups against unimpressive St eds ...mck defense wasnt bad but Eds did what they wanted running the football....Going to be a long year for the pups...wouldn't be suprised if Nate Moore puts up 101 on Mck Week 10

My review of the St.Eds Scrimmage.....big but weak offensive line, small wide receivers and inexperienced QB led to a tough day for pups against unimpressive St eds ...mck defense wasnt bad but Eds did what they wanted running the football....Going to be a long year for the pups...wouldn't be suprised if Nate Moore puts up 101 on Mck Week 10

Don't fill those bags of sand to full.

They brought 220 kids because of the stadium and how hard the Bulldogs hit,you can all read about the scrimmage on the St ED football thread.You have to love St Ed and Iggy for the way they respect the game but they don't have any kids with issues,all chosen...what a roster year after year...BAM!

Ya I read that they brought 220 kids were in hell do you find that many kids to play football no wonder they have such depth, how can you compete with that only play 11 but look what they have to pick from

St Edward scored twice and McKinley once before I left. McKinley looked like they were learning defense from scratch and they basically are. But we have a qb.

Actual

Hmm....after seeing the scrimmage you seem somewhat tempered on all the bravado talk from several weeks back. That's weird.

Ed's is deep. But remember what i said, scrimmages are 'fool's gold'. It is good we use these to grapple with the best in Ohio to find out what needs work, who is ready to step up, practicing, etc. But results mean absolutely nothing. And when the season starts, nobody will care we won or lost a scrimmage and looked bad/ good in doing so.

Our defense is learning a brand new way to play. It is always an evolution that takes time, no matter how good the coaching is. Kids who are playing unfamiliar schemes second guess themselves because everything is different. Guys are sometimes out of position and when plays start, tackling is less crisp, etc. St. Edward has been playing the same for years and everything for them is second nature. So all things considered, our guys did ok.

Ya I read that they brought 220 kids were in hell do you find that many kids to play football no wonder they have such depth, how can you compete with that only play 11 but look what they have to pick from
Let's be clear - the varsity, JV and freshmen all scrimmaged. So that 220 kids averages out to about 70 players per team.

Actual

Hmm....after seeing the scrimmage you seem somewhat tempered on all the bravado talk from several weeks back. That's weird.
Seemed like there were more st Ed’s fans at scrimmage than mck fans
Not really. There was a nice contingent from both sides for a bland first scrimmage held during a week day when many work.