Matt Futch leaves Akron Buchtel for CVCA...

Orangeman89

Seems like an odd move on the surface. Tons of homegrown talent on the west side of Akron, now has to compete with Svsm, Hoban and Walsh locally for players.
Interesting to see who Buchtel brings in.
Screenshot_20200420-171120_Twitter.jpg

Just a year after guiding Buchtel to the state final four in boys basketball, Matt Futch has left the Griffins and taken the same job at Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy.

CVCA announced Futch as its new boys basketball coach Monday, taking over for Jay Peters, who stepped down last month after 17 years of leading the Royals.

Interesting. Why leave your alma mater? Seems Jay Peters had done a nice job at CVCA. Just stepping down or was there a backstory there too?

CVCA does not and will not compromise the admission standards to attend. If you only knew the athletes who attended other Akron area private schools that tried.
Not completely true but I've yet to see it for Basketball. I know the Livingston ship has sailed but they would've been good fits at CVCA if they were still in each others good graces.

Interesting. Why leave your alma mater? Seems Jay Peters had done a nice job at CVCA. Just stepping down or was there a backstory there too?
I was surprised a little when I heard Jay Peters had stepped down. He had a lot of success at CVCA and seemed to be a very good fit. Then again, now that his kids have passed through the program, he may be looking for other challenges. But I haven't heard anything specific.

Probably depends on who Buchtel hires.

Some scuttlebutt out there that they are interested in Ellet if Hazard were to get the job. Some ties there, not sure the details.
It's supposedly St V but no APS schools. If not he might be leaving the state elsewhere