Massillon Washington - Massillon Perry week 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massillon#82

Perry will have to score every time they have the ball for it to be close. The hold the ball and run the clock only works if you score.
Warren had the ball tonight for almost 33 min tonight and you see what that got them.

Massillon#82

I have said this already this season but it needs to be said again. The offense will get all of the pub because of the points scored this season and yes the offense is very good, but to achieve the teams final goal will be because of the defense. This team has taken black swarm to a whole new level.

The tigers havent seen anything like there going to see this week. Perrys going to run the football ball right down massillons throat and theres nothing they can do to stop this train. I see you won another paper championship ha. better get out there and change those mythical champion street signs.
Perry is going to humiliate those massalooon boys.
Enough of this "will give you a game sht" were the bigger, tougher ,real deal. and we will MAN HANDLE massillon.
Perrys The REAl massillon football team of today. not the paper tigers of the past. no pussy footing around here.,massillon will know the truth come friday at 9pm. Times have changed. I cant wait to see this butt whooping. been waiting 3 years for this one.

Last edited:

falguin

This is a game if I'm the Tigers I don't want to play. Massillon is going to have the better talent, but the wing-t is made for teams with less talent. The blocking is just man up and push. The Perry linemen and backs will be coming from different angles, which gives young kids problems. Then there's the counter, which again will give undisciplined players problems. I remember once watching a Fitch scrimmage when Hartman was there and listening to some kids from Ursuline who were there to watch the scrimmage complain about trying to defend the wing-t because they never knew who had the ball. Plus, Massillon doesn't see it too often, which again is rough. The defense will have to change for this game. Another reason why I don't want to play it is because Perry probably hates the Tigers more than anyone. They have grown up hearing about Massillon and are probably sick of it because they have had almost as much recent success. A couple of years ago Perry was battling for a state championship, so they do have a really good tradition, which gets them up for games. These elements of this game give me headaches if I'm Moore. That being said, Perry is going to need to score at least 30 points to win this game. I can't see holding Massillon below 28. In fact, that would be a huge accomplishment for Perry. That I think is one of the keys for Perry to win this game. For Perry to win they have to score 35. Massillon will put up 30, guaranteed. Perry is going to have to throw at least ten times. The wing-t is actually a good offense to throw out of. I once heard Hartman from Fitch talking about it. When he had a kid who could throw he would roll the QB out with a wing back trailing behind the QB. The tight end would release into the flats. the fullback would lead. The QB would have three options, and if you're a Tiger fan from the Hartman era, you know how effective that was. For the Tigers to win they just have to do what they do on offense, and that is score. Too many weapons to hold the Tigers below 24. So Perry fans, don't spout off on here how you're going to crush them. You're not. You can't. The Tiger linebackers are going to have to stay at home. They can't bite on the misdirection. If they do, Perry will get over 30 points. I remember when Fitch played Iggy in 90. They were completely baffled by what we were doing. They were chasing the wrong guy all night, and we beat a team we have no business beating. The Tigers are also going to have to make some one on one tackles, where if that player doesn't make the tackle, the Perry back will be gone. If you an old Tigers fan you will probably remember when Leo Hawkins back in '86 ran through the Massillon Tiger linebacker for the winning score. The linebacker makes the play on fourth and one from the one, we have lost. That's how I see this game. That being said, I'll take the Tigers 38 -17.

Mackinbiner

The tigers havent seen anything like there going to see this week. Perrys going to run the football ball right down massillons throat and theres nothing they can do to stop this train. I see you won another paper championship ha. better get out there and change those mythical champion street signs.
Enough of this "will give you a game sht" were the bigger, tougher ,real deal. and we will MAN HANDLE massillon.
Perrys The REAl massillon football team of today. not the paper tigers of the past. no pussy footing around here.,massillon will know the truth come friday at 9pm. Times have changed. I cant wait to see this butt whooping. been waiting 3 years for this one.
Nice post heff.

You Loons are UNBELIEVABLE!

Nice post pantherproudpapa, lol? If this was a Perry team from 2 to 4 years ago playing Massillon in the playoffs, then yes, I would agree with you. Those Panther teams were very physical and would have loved to run all over the Tigers. But it’s not 2-4 years ago playing this coming Friday. Perry ‘19 does not have the depth or physicality those teams possessed. Improving Massillon’s o and d lines has been a point of emphasis under Coach Moore. This Massillon team is too physical, deep and athletic but you still have to play the game...

Last edited:

Grepneff4545Bubba

A back yard brawl. No one giving Perry a chance. Well no one gave Streetsboro a chance against ST. V ST. M. Fighting Irish who had arrogant big head and you see what happened. Irish beaten. Perry is a good team. They are very capable of beating the Tiger Kittens. Tigers with big head possibly and Panthers knock them off Perry by 3. Good luck to Panthers and Tigers. Will be hard fought game. Pray safe game no injuries.

IceDad34

I agree this isn’t the Perry of a few years back or I truelly think some Massillon fans would be sweating it a bit. With that being said I hope they can keep it close like they did lasalle in 2016 and be one play away from winning. Go Perry.

TigerTown15

Yikes 😅😅 let’s save the money guys and just stay home

Isaac Watts

Falguin, those are my sentiments exactly.

Massillon’s black swarm better use the tackling dummies this week. Laying the wood to Cundiff and Lemon won’t work like it did against Barberton’s kicker.

23xTigers

It's going to be a hard hitting affair. We need to make the most out of every possession early, jump out to a lead. That said, if you think Massillon will be over looking Perry, then think again. Next to Hoban, this was the potential matchup in the playoff game that was in everyone's mind. Here it is...can't wait for this one.

jeroe

Massillon’s black swarm better use the tackling dummies this week. Laying the wood to Cundiff and Lemon won’t work like it did against Barberton’s kicker.
Okie Dokie. Just curious what is it Perry better do this week?

DeadHead

Panthers lost to the Pups and the Polar Bears both of which are subpar to the Tigers in all aspects of the game. Should be a good early battle at the point of attack but I don’t see Perry sustaining that for 4 qtrs. Might get ugly late for the Panthers in this one.

John Lee Pettimore

Two O's in "Loons?" Just two.

This is a game if I'm the Tigers I don't want to play. Massillon is going to have the better talent, but the wing-t is made for teams with less talent. The blocking is just man up and push. The Perry linemen and backs will be coming from different angles, which gives young kids problems. Then there's the counter, which again will give undisciplined players problems. I remember once watching a Fitch scrimmage when Hartman was there and listening to some kids from Ursuline who were there to watch the scrimmage complain about trying to defend the wing-t because they never knew who had the ball. Plus, Massillon doesn't see it too often, which again is rough. The defense will have to change for this game. Another reason why I don't want to play it is because Perry probably hates the Tigers more than anyone. They have grown up hearing about Massillon and are probably sick of it because they have had almost as much recent success. A couple of years ago Perry was battling for a state championship, so they do have a really good tradition, which gets them up for games. These elements of this game give me headaches if I'm Moore. That being said, Perry is going to need to score at least 30 points to win this game. I can't see holding Massillon below 28. In fact, that would be a huge accomplishment for Perry. That I think is one of the keys for Perry to win this game. For Perry to win they have to score 35. Massillon will put up 30, guaranteed. Perry is going to have to throw at least ten times. The wing-t is actually a good offense to throw out of. I once heard Hartman from Fitch talking about it. When he had a kid who could throw he would roll the QB out with a wing back trailing behind the QB. The tight end would release into the flats. the fullback would lead. The QB would have three options, and if you're a Tiger fan from the Hartman era, you know how effective that was. For the Tigers to win they just have to do what they do on offense, and that is score. Too many weapons to hold the Tigers below 24. So Perry fans, don't spout off on here how you're going to crush them. You're not. You can't. The Tiger linebackers are going to have to stay at home. They can't bite on the misdirection. If they do, Perry will get over 30 points. I remember when Fitch played Iggy in 90. They were completely baffled by what we were doing. They were chasing the wrong guy all night, and we beat a team we have no business beating. The Tigers are also going to have to make some one on one tackles, where if that player doesn't make the tackle, the Perry back will be gone. If you an old Tigers fan you will probably remember when Leo Hawkins back in '86 ran through the Massillon Tiger linebacker for the winning score. The linebacker makes the play on fourth and one from the one, we have lost. That's how I see this game. That being said, I'll take the Tigers 38 -17.
Massillons players are very disciplined defensively.

John Lee Pettimore

Perry played in the Federal League....everyone always says how tough Perry kids are....Perry runs a rarely seen offense that predicates itself off of misdirection....Perry has more disciplined kids....Perry has the revenge factor....Perry has Wakefield....

I don't know how anyone could....with a straight face....say that Perry isnt favored.

Isaac Watts

Okie Dokie. Just curious what is it Perry better do this week?
Perry will have to earn every yard, no question. I suppose the plan is to execute. No secrets with the Panthers. If you can stop them you’ll win, if you can’t, then it’ll be a game. Massillon is clearly the more skilled team. They’ve earned the right to be at the top over the past few years and they’re the team to beat around here.

23xTigers

Perry will have to earn every yard, no question. I suppose the plan is to execute. No secrets with the Panthers. If you can stop them you’ll win, if you can’t, then it’ll be a game. Massillon is clearly the more skilled team. They’ve earned the right to be at the top over the past few years and they’re the team to beat around here.
Great post...gets right to the point. That Cundiff kid is a load, hopefully Perry gets tired of hitting us before we get tired of hitting them.

Massillon#82

Why not ? They don’t feel hits ?
Perry will break a long run on some garbage misdirection play but if you honestly think you are going to consistently run the ball for 4 qtr’s you are in for a long night.

Status
Not open for further replies.