Massillon vs Lasalle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, the Covid situation is going to be a big thing to keep track of during this week. I sure hope it does not screw this game

I’m not disagreeing that he needs to not get penalties but it’s a much more widespread problem than just him.
But don't you think if they sat his butt on the bench for a meaningful period of time, that it may change others or that he'd get the message to set a better example? Going to get his head knocked off at the next level, did a disservice by not trying to nip in the bud and teach the lesson earlier. It's really tough to stomach.

LaSalle wasn’t having school tomorrow anyways. They were going to be off because open house was suppose to be today and they always have the day off after open house. Not because of Covid.
Well open house was cancelled why not have class then??

"November 7, 2020

Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in our school and community, we have postponed our Open House scheduled for Sunday, November 8. "

Not a good sign; contact tracing could impact LaSalle's game

But don't you think if they sat his butt on the bench for a meaningful period of time, that it may change others or that he'd get the message to set a better example? Going to get his head knocked off at the next level, did a disservice by not trying to nip in the bud and teach the lesson earlier. It's really tough to stomach.
I would probably have in place a standard Monday punishment at practice for anyone who gets penalties. Also not to be only defending them but a lot of the times he’s been called for personal fouls over the past few years (not all of course) but they were very ticky tacky calls that at the very least should’ve gone on both teams. There’s been games when he would have three guys “blocking” him after a play and talking who knows what and then he would get flagged. Happened about 3 times up at Barberton.

We’ve also had coaches get flagged for arguing calls and such so it’s more than just one player.

I would probably have in place a standard Monday punishment at practice for anyone who gets penalties. Also not to be only defending them but a lot of the times he’s been called for personal fouls over the past few years (not all of course) but they were very ticky tacky calls that at the very least should’ve gone on both teams. There’s been games when he would have three guys “blocking” him after a play and talking who knows what and then he would get flagged. Happened about 3 times up at Barberton.

We’ve also had coaches get flagged for arguing calls and such so it’s more than just one player.
In my opinion the word that best sums up this situation is...."habitual"....I agree on the ticky tack calls but the ticky tack calls on him are because he has a history. I've also seen plays where he probably COULD have an unsportsmanlike but doesn't get the call. Doesn't matter....as much as I like this staff it falls on their shoulders. Picture this....Massillon in a state semi-final or a state championship game....down 2 points....driving....time is running out....just get in Bauers' range....handoff to Hartson....nice gain....they are now in FG range....WAIT A MINUTE....flag on the play....turns out after the play a certain Tiger player....20 yards from the play....just couldn't keep his mouth shut....or just had to get one more shove in....15 yard penalty....out of FG range....ALL could have been avoided if someone on the staff told him several years ago to go find a nice comfortable place on the bench for the remainder of a game....

In my opinion the word that best sums up this situation is...."habitual"....I agree on the ticky tack calls but the ticky tack calls on him are because he has a history. I've also seen plays where he probably COULD have an unsportsmanlike but doesn't get the call. Doesn't matter....as much as I like this staff it falls on their shoulders. Picture this....Massillon in a state semi-final or a state championship game....down 2 points....driving....time is running out....just get in Bauers' range....handoff to Hartson....nice gain....they are now in FG range....WAIT A MINUTE....flag on the play....turns out after the play a certain Tiger player....20 yards from the play....just couldn't keep his mouth shut....or just had to get one more shove in....15 yard penalty....out of FG range....ALL could have been avoided if someone on the staff told him several years ago to go find a nice comfortable place on the bench for the remainder of a game....
It’s probably more likely that he catches the winning TD than loses us the game with a penalty but yeah I get your point

LaSalle wasn’t having school tomorrow anyways. They were going to be off because open house was suppose to be today and they always have the day off after open house. Not because of Covid.

OK so the school was already closed for the open house and it was the open house that was canceled .

Now that I read on I see the open house was to be on Sunday.

After watching both teams and seeing some opponents in person, I'm going with Massillon this year. Their defense is very strong, and without Payne, there is no mystery to the LaSalle offense. LaSalle D will be tough on Mass as well, but Massillon offense seems to be starting to figure itself out - I think it'll be low scoring but Massillon D prevails over a hobbled Lasalle offense. Would not have predicted this way if Payne was still in the picture.

Well open house was cancelled why not have class then??
They just made the decision late last week, and some teachers or students have probably made plans or are are already doing something on their day off. Can’t just say your having school now on a scheduled off day.

Teachers still had to show up today. I have a feeling you don't know the extent of the active cases in school as of now. A lot higher than what anyone else is saying. I highly doubt they can field a competitive team for Friday, but we'll see. If not, why not let WW go play?

Teachers still had to show up today. I have a feeling you don't know the extent of the active cases in school as of now. A lot higher than what anyone else is saying. I highly doubt they can field a competitive team for Friday, but we'll see. If not, why not let WW go play?
If they were able to field a team two days ago how would it have changed that much just over the weekend?

Ummm yes I do actually, my brother has to quarantine until next Monday so they are taking proper precautions to limit people being exposed. So I probably know a little bit more than you. Why would they let WW go play? That would not make any sense.

Ummm yes I do actually, my brother has to quarantine until next Monday so they are taking proper precautions to limit people being exposed. So I probably know a little bit more than you. Why would they let WW go play? That would not make any sense.
I'm sure that administration is telling the kids everything right? I may be a little closer to the situation than being a student!

Can't argue that too much. Definitely has refs attention, unfairly or not. Opponents know it too and try to goad him. Often successfully.

Agreed TP....and to be 100% fair, I thought Ballard did a pretty good job Friday night on the plays he was directly involved with, as far as keeping his cool. The one play the kid held onto his leg LONG after the play was over and on another he was dragged down from behind and stepped over....usually taken as a sign of disrespect....so who the heck knows.

Agreed TP....and to be 100% fair, I thought Ballard did a pretty good job Friday night on the plays he was directly involved with, as far as keeping his cool. The one play the kid held onto his leg LONG after the play was over and on another he was dragged down from behind and stepped over....usually taken as a sign of disrespect....so who the heck knows.
Yeah it seems as though our opponents are given a lot more leeway with extra curriculars than we are lol did you see the penalty called on Kouth? LOL

I'm sure that administration is telling the kids everything right? I may be a little closer to the situation than being a student!
Ohh I know a decent amount, I got a few family members that work in the administration, and my brother is on the team so we know who exactly has had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.