Massillon Tigers @ Toledo Maumee Panthers 9/7/12

TIGERS#71

Massillon Tigers @ Maumee Panthers 9/7/12

Always a little worried about my Tigers when they hit the road plus they're coming off a heart breaker to Glenoak!

Last edited:

It's not "Toledo Maumee," Maumee is a separate city. Just like Barberton isn't "Akron Barberton" -- same thing here.

Is this Massillon's first trip to Maumee? If so they're in for a real shocker haha. Get there EARLY.

I'm not a Maumee fan but Sylvania Southview plays in the same league as them. They are currently 1-0 beating Toledo Waite 48-12. They lost alot last year which included their stud QB. Massillon should win handily. By the way their field is garbage.

It's a blow out like last year, Massillon by a bunch and we can't bring to many you don't have any room for us.

Heart breaker 71? The game I was watching GlenOak dominated the line of scrimmage and for 3 1/2 quarters did whatever they wanted. Both teams had a ton of turnovers which is unusual. Tigers better get a rushing game (- 4 for the GO game) or it may be a long night in Maumee. Anytime Stark county travels out of county I hope they come back with a W.

Heart breaker 71? The game I was watching GlenOak dominated the line of scrimmage and for 3 1/2 quarters did whatever they wanted. Both teams had a ton of turnovers which is unusual. Tigers better get a rushing game (- 4 for the GO game) or it may be a long night in Maumee. Anytime Stark county travels out of county I hope they come back with a W.

NO DOUBT Massillon got dominated on the LOS BUT to make a comeback late in the game and put yourself in position to win in the final minutes and lose.... Yeah, I would call that "heart breaking". Your dang right we better find a running game. I understand a passing philosophy and I am fine with it & would never tell a coach to abandon it. However as a former lineman on multiple levels and coach on different levels at some point you need to establish some momentum & confidence up front. Sometimes you need to line up under center with two backs and try to pound it! Goodness gracious can we get a TE involved? Football 101... Establish the run! It will OPEN UP THE PASS, gain confidence for the line and skilled players, keep the Defense off the field, takes sooo much pressure off the QB.

@Panther 8... Remember SACKS count against the rushing total!

The tigers should have bigdogman as a cheerleader for this game.:laugh:

I think every team in the Fed would beat Maumee.Why are the tigers playing such a team? Maybe to make bigdogman happy with an easy win.:shrug:

Massillon 49

Maumee 7

Agreed 71 you and I think alike when it comes to run 1st to open up the pass. It seems today everyone wants the "sexy" spread offense and forget about the run. Massillon has a very good back in R Moore and Taylor who are more than able to rush for 100 + yds a game, I was surprised how the Tigers got pushed around up front, the line is big but it makes me wonder if they are being taught how to drive block for the run since most of the O is designed around the pass, and yes I can see how you thought it was a heartbreak after the comeback, however they should have never been in that position with the talent they have. Good luck @ maumee see you at Panther stadium soon!