Massillon Tigers to play Valdosta in NE Ohio Classic

We've all been. Waiting for this for years.
I hope our Tigers are ready. Those Georgia boys can play ball.
Generalizing here, but Georgia HS football is just different. Their team speed will be impressive. At all positions. Even the line. However, their blocking and especially tackling will be incredibly subpar. So much more of the shoulder hits, lunging at ankles, etc. It's honestly feels like a different game sometimes from midwest football to southeast football. Just different dynamics focused on. And you can't even benefit from weather, since a hot August day in Ohio will make them feel right at home.

Hamilton Arizona had some serious speed as well.

Yes they did, at least at skilled positions - wow. Ditto more recently vs. East Saint Louis. But we were more disciplined. Though I suspect Valdosta given its history and tradition will be very well coached.

Generalizing here, but Georgia HS football is just different. Their team speed will be impressive. At all positions. Even the line. However, their blocking and especially tackling will be incredibly subpar. So much more of the shoulder hits, lunging at ankles, etc. It's honestly feels like a different game sometimes from midwest football to southeast football. Just different dynamics focused on. And you can't even benefit from weather, since a hot August day in Ohio will make them feel right at home.
That is Florida HS football in a nut shell too.

Always hanging….
16,884, doesn’t matter how many people come from Valdosta. Nobody said anything about it selling out or anything like that on here anyway.
MT1972 brought up wanting to buy 20 tickets and bringing up "a van" of people. I simply stated that PBTS would have plenty of tickets available. That led you to call me a name. Very small Richard energy

Valdosta has speed but Massillon has tuffness.

I demand a tripling of Brothers Italian sausage sammiches for this game.

Can Dave Sheetz replace Lakewood St Edward's Ray Jeske on PBP on WTIG 990 for this game? Hell just send that job out to 104.5 WQKT. That's a million times better than Jeske.

Last edited:
Generalizing here, but Georgia HS football is just different. Their team speed will be impressive. At all positions. Even the line. However, their blocking and especially tackling will be incredibly subpar. So much more of the shoulder hits, lunging at ankles, etc. It's honestly feels like a different game sometimes from Midwest football to southeast football. Just different dynamics focused on. And you can't even benefit from weather, since a hot August day in Ohio will make them feel right at home.
Don't forget how well Georgia teams kicked, at least when we took in all of the state final games a few years back.

Don't forget how well Georgia teams kicked, at least when we took in all of the state final games a few years back.
Still true in both Corky Kell events I've been to. Georgia football is just different.
That is Florida HS football in a nut shell too.
No kidding. Just saw two of their state finals this year. The tackling was appalling. Nothing but highlight reel attempts to blow up the ball carrier that failed miserably 99 percent of the time. Only good tackling was anything run into the line and that was mostly because of sheer odds that someone would grab ahold eventually.

It's such a different mindset. Don't run through people. Run around them. The Midwest maybe favors the grapplers of wrestling that tackling is just expected to be preformed at a high level. And therefore blocking is a required practice. Down south it's an afterthought