Massillon Jackson Baseball Head Coaching job available

Caju

I'm surprised to see Miller leave when he's done so well at Jackson, is he coaching elsewhere?
Any word on who some candidates for the Jackson job might be?

It's kind of late in the game, with school starting in the next week or so...unless they have the guy they want on speed dial.

No, way to much ego. Way to much underachieving once District play and beyond time of the year came around.

Miller won 152 games and 4 straight Fed Championships and 2 district titles. I think this is a case of Jackson Parents playing up the "Jackson Parents" Stereotype a little too much.

In this case, the story was that Miller benched two players who were unproductive at the beginnig of the season and their parents complained to the board.

Really Jackson Parents? It's cool to act Beverly Hills sometimes, but pick your spots, and not against a Coach who was this succesful and had built up one of the premeir programs in Stark County.

Till Next Time,

patrick_bateman.jpg

Stay Classy Jackson

Just a reminder, folks...

I just nuked a post that was MUCH too personal regarding the Coach. It had NOTHING to do with his coaching ability OR his relationship with his players. Let's keep the discussion on the diamond, in the dugout, or in the stands regarding parents, admins, and BOE members.

Nothing else belongs in here.

Miller won 152 games and 4 straight Fed Championships and 2 district titles. I think this is a case of Jackson Parents playing up the "Jackson Parents" Stereotype a little too much.

In this case, the story was that Miller benched two players who were unproductive at the beginnig of the season and their parents complained to the board.

Really Jackson Parents? It's cool to act Beverly Hills sometimes, but pick your spots, and not against a Coach who was this succesful and had built up one of the premeir programs in Stark County.

Till Next Time,

patrick_bateman.jpg
Stay Classy Jackson

Mr. I Am Jackson,

You are dead-on! The next time we party in Columbus will NOT be because of Jackson baseball. Too many Jackson mommies and daddies got their panties in a bunch over PLAYING TIME and a board member sold his soul to a buddy/legal client because little Johnny was only batting 1 for 18 and got benched in favor of a sophomore that hit over .300. Maybe we should just play everybody equally and give each kid a trophy at the end. Then at the banquet say "Everybody is the team MVP". Long live The Senator, Coop, and Belliot!

Last edited:
to much ego!?
underachieved!?

sounds like the only place your gonna find ego in stark county is in jackson's bleachers! little johnny couldn't hack it when he was given the opportunity to play so a group of egotistical parents go and give the reach around to a couple board members?!

5 fed championships in 7 years (4 in a row)! 2 district titles! underachieved!???
sounds like his players were pretty prepared and in some cases overachieved! miller cant catch it, throw it, or hit it, players have to grow a pair and come through in the big games! then again why would they need to do that, mommy and daddy are waiting for them at home to make them feel allll bettttterrrr!

MaryMary, you are obviously quite contrary! But, this might be the worst case of parental interference in a school district that is famous for it. First Phil Mauro and now Kevin Miller. This has set a precedent that will have every Polar Bear head coach making a decision on playing the best athlete or playing the athlete with the most influential parents. This just reinforces the notion around Stark County that Jackson is full of Type A parents trying to use their influence to get playing time for their Type C children. Very sad.

Was this coach instructional and respectful to his players? The reason I ask this is because some coaches have a great record, but they get in the kids' faces when they make an error, they, maybe, play favorites, they curse, call names, use humiliation as a way of coaching, don't help kids with their college recruiting, etc.

I doubt just one or two parents could drive a coach away.

This is pathetic. Miller was a great coach. Classsy move parents. You should be ashamed you got a coach fired b/c your kid couldn't hack it.

MaryMary, you are obviously quite contrary! But, this might be the worst case of parental interference in a school district that is famous for it. First Phil Mauro and now Kevin Miller. This has set a precedent that will have every Polar Bear head coach making a decision on playing the best athlete or playing the athlete with the most influential parents. This just reinforces the notion around Stark County that Jackson is full of Type A parents trying to use their influence to get playing time for their Type C children. Very sad.

Not to steer this topic off course, but Coach Mauro left on his own accord, wanting to be closer to family.

Now, as you were

I doubt just one or two parents could drive a coach away.

You're not familiar with Jackson, huh? This is what they do.

I'll be interested to see who applies. In theory it's a great job, but any job at Jackson has to be downgraded for obvious reasons. Hopefully they get a quality hire because the players deserve it.

I have seen many of the games through Miller's tenure at Jackson. I am aware that his decisions were not always popular with parents but overall the program flourished unlike the years before he was coach. I am hoping Tom does not come back and coach again for the programs sake. I am somewhat surprised that he left but as I said I was aware that all was not perfect with the team in others eyes. I hope the Bears pick a good coach that continues the program and I do have someone in mind but I will sit back and see what happens. We have a football coach that is struggling to be kind and we rid ourselves of the highly successful baseball coach. What up Mr.Petersen? It is your baby!

This is pathetic. Miller was a great coach. Classsy move parents. You should be ashamed you got a coach fired b/c your kid couldn't hack it.

Why would you say something like "your kid couldn't hack it"? If that was true, the kid wouldn't make the team to begin with, I would think. True, it's up to the coach to pick his starters; however, coaches also need to act professionally and civilly.

Whenever there's a complaint with a coach, program or team it's always assumed "your kid couldn't hack it". What a load of crap.

Hometeam, maybe little johnnt could hack it, but the parents couldn't. What happens when little billy goes off in the real world, mommy and daddy going to get their boss fired because he wasn't nice to Billy. Alot of parents in Jackson need a reality check. Good luck Bears, you need it

Hometeam, maybe little johnnt could hack it, but the parents couldn't. What happens when little billy goes off in the real world, mommy and daddy going to get their boss fired because he wasn't nice to Billy. Alot of parents in Jackson need a reality check. Good luck Bears, you need it

I heard that the reason the coach gave was he wanted to spend more time with his kids - doesn't sound like he was blaiming any parents or players.

Let's hope this pays off as the football and girls basketball head hunting went.Those 2 programs have flourished since the Jackson folk got what they wanted.

Names coming up include:
Trent Mcilvain- Canton South
Brian Gamble- Perry (Franks son)
Also heard that possibly both his assistants could go for the job.

Should be a good job to get though!
Any idea on returning starters or upcoming players?