Massillon FOOTBALL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

A lot of talent returns....updated PBTS....challenging schedule....new uniforms....Massillon spring college showcase (April 30th)....Spring kickoff (May 11th, with Ryan Day)....

Fri. 8/28 TBD
Fri. 9/4 @ Canton GlenOak
Fri. 9/11 Warren G. Harding
Fri. 9/18 TBD
Fri. 9/25 Cleve. St. Ignatius
Fri. 10/2 Austintown Fitch
Fri. 10/9 TBD
Fri. 10/16 Barberton
Fri. 10/23 @ Wooster
Sat. 10/31 Canton McKinley
Fri. 11/6 Regional Quarterfinals
Fri. 11/13 Regional Semi-Finals
Fri. 11/20 Regional Finals
Fri. 11/27 State Semi-Finals
TBD State Championships

WR’s will be unguardable but will be anxious to see what Venson and the 2 Beasleys (any others?) have to bring at rb, and basically the whole D unit esp. dline. Plus exciting schedule should be fun.

Venson could fill the Phifer role from this past season.

Dline should be interesting but there’s a handful of kids that should be ready to step into starting roles and play well. Probably the biggest question mark position group wise

I see Camden Beasley as a linebacker but I’m just a fan. Not trying to start anything just my feel but I’ve never watched a practice or game film. Just purely my impression of watching him in mop up duty.

I see Camden Beasley as a linebacker but I’m just a fan. Not trying to start anything just my feel but I’ve never watched a practice or game film. Just purely my impression of watching him in mop up duty.
Could be a productive rb but could be a stud at the outside linebacker spot vacated by Hodges.

I think our passing game will be much improved this year. Aiden was a great QB, but I think we relied to much on the deep ball and the underneath routes were wide open. Granted we hit the deep ball a lot but against better teams they adjust to it and we still tried to force it. I just hope Ballard toughens up and goes across the middle. If he wants that offer to OSU to hold up he needs to show he can catch the ball in traffic.

The Benedictine thread says Massillon vs Benedictine will be week 4.

Week 1 is rumored to be Bishop Gorman, even eleven warriors is talking about it. Anyone have any ideas about week #7?

Agree on Ballard I’m sure his future coaches told him what he needs to work on to play early there. Didn’t know Beasley played any D if so I’d prioritize all able bodies to that side of the ball.

Austin Brawley should play a key role.
I don't know if he's big enough to send over the middle. I'd like to see a big ole tight end in this offense. I agree there will be no drop off at the QB position. Would like to see more rushing by quarterback aswell.

Last edited:
I think our passing game will be much improved this year. Aiden was a great QB, but I think we relied to much on the deep ball and the underneath routes were wide open. Granted we hit the deep ball a lot but against better teams they adjust to it and we still tried to force it. I just hope Ballard toughens up and goes across the middle. If he wants that offer to OSU to hold up he needs to show he can catch the ball in traffic.
Jayden runs the routes that are called. It’s not like he’s deliberately running the wrong routes in order to not go across the middle. His game is speed and the ability to high point the ball.

Jayden runs the routes that are called. It’s not like he’s deliberately running the wrong routes in order to not go across the middle. His game is speed and the ability to high point the ball.
I didn't say that, But if you watched the games last year when he did go across the middle passes tended to go off his hands or if he did catch it he went down quickly. Running the deep route was the best option the coaches had. I think Jayden can be a great receiver but he lacks on the toughness side.

Couldn't stomach the last thread and had to bail. Are the open dates expected to be confirmed at the spring kick-off?

Status
Not open for further replies.