Massillon FOOTBALL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at one of Beanie Wells games as a high school senior when the entire world was fawning over him. One thing that sticks withe me to this day was that his team was warming up stretching , etc. with everyone in line and the captains out front. While this was going on, he was off to the side, neither up front as a captain or in the line as a team member. Just off to the side doing his own thing.

Welcome to the Akron Football Memory thread. LOL.
I'm sure all schools have had a kid or more who have felt they were bigger than the team. Massillon had a kid who transferred out about 5 or 6 years ago who was like that.

In 2003 Massillon opened the season with their first 3 games being Buchtel, Benedictine and Garfield, so in the first 3 weeks they see, Antonio Pittman (OSU, Saints & Rams)....Ray Williams (Mr. Football, sad ending) and Beanie Wells (OSU, Cardinals). Several weeks later they played Ignatius with Brian Hoyer (MSU, NFL) then ended their season with weeks 8, 9 & 10 bringing in Dayton Chaminade and Javon Ringer (MSU, Titans), Warren and Mario Manningham (Michigan, NY Giants) and McKinley and Ryan Brinson who may have been the most electric player of them all. Pretty impressive lineup of players.

That wasnt the kids fault that was his crazy father. All parents think their kid is the best but that guy truly thought his kid was going to the NFL and absolutely ruined him.
In all seriousness I’d like to personally thank the father and son for leaving. That mess along with others is why we have the HC we have now !!!

You are right. The least it should do is improve the weak schedules they play. I’d say step up and call Massillon but that would only weaken our already tough schedule.
????
It won't improve the weak schedules, allowing 12 teams per region they won't have to change their schedules at all. They could possibly slightly weaken them and still make it. "Get ya cupcakes heya."

At least he's moved on to Vanderbilt now.
And I wish him the best. Oh, and the father is not crazy at all. Sorry he just wants what is best for his family. Quite frankly, the way they were treated in Massillon was absolutely atrocious. Crap being yelled their way in the stands among other things. And no, this is NOT hearsay. Came straight from the horse's mouth. Happens to be a friend of mine. Best of luck to the boys at Vandy and Alabama.

And I wish him the best. Oh, and the father is not crazy at all. Sorry he just wants what is best for his family. Quite frankly, the way they were treated in Massillon was absolutely atrocious. Crap being yelled their way in the stands among other things. And no, this is NOT hearsay. Came straight from the horse's mouth. Happens to be a friend of mine. Best of luck to the boys at Vandy and Alabama.

He may want the best for his family, but I also witnessed him act less than perfect at times. (Which everyone does at some point in their lives) I wouldn't say he was completely blameless for the situation at Massillon. That being said, I wish him and his family the best!

You are only hearing it from his side, you weren’t up here to witness it. Of course everyone wants what is best for his family but I have never watched anyone do it that way.

You guys are right. Nobody is blameless but this is long, long gone. My final point is that, of course, FatMac's post had absolutely NOTHING to do with the subject at hand. But what's new?
Heff's the one that threw Danny Clark under the bus not me. He was just too mealy-mouthed to name him.

Put the Kool-Aid down and look for another scapegoat.

Yes, but YOU are the one that chimed in about him going somewhere else and winning two state championships. Irrelevant. Much like you in the workforce today. Non-existent. How's that for stupid?

The best part is I believe JLP was actually talking about someone else and not Danny. There was also someone else on the team 5-6 years ago that transferred out and then surprisingly came back when he realized the grass was definitely not greener on the west side of Stark Co.
The fat pos must have got out the wrong file of all of the KIDS he keeps tabs on.

The best part is I believe JLP was actually talking about someone else and not Danny. There was also someone else on the team 5-6 years ago that transferred out and then surprisingly came back when he realized the grass was definitely not greener on the west side of Stark Co.
RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Anything to fit your narrative.

Take your head out of the sand fanboy.

I'm sure all schools have had a kid or more who have felt they were bigger than the team. Massillon had a kid who transferred out about 5 or 6 years ago who was like that.
Nowhere in that post does it say Danny Clark or Hoban or absolutely anything about the Clark family. It’s the FAT POS that chimed in with it, his tornado siren sounded signaling someone posted on a Massillon thread so he just had to run and post and as usual it was asinine and wrong. That is no surprise though we are all used to that by now.

Nowhere in that post does it say Danny Clark or Hoban or absolutely anything about the Clark family. It’s the FAT POS that chimed in with it, his tornado siren sounded signaling someone posted on a Massillon thread so he just had to run and post and as usual it was asinine and wrong. That is no surprise though we are all used to that by now.
Says the guy who quickly chimed in with the "crazy father" angle. ? :LOL:

You just can't admit that I'm right fanboy.

How will the Tigers defense look this year ?
Yes Arlo let’s get back to football talk instead of the ignorant nonsense.
I think the D will be much improved (it has to be to reach our goal). The DL is a question mark in terms of who will be playing but if you think back we have always had good DL play at Massillon. Woullard will be an absolute nightmare for the offense wherever he lines up. The DB might be the strength of the D this season.

I think the D will be much improved (it has to be to reach our goal). The DL is a question mark in terms of who will be playing but if you think back we have always had good DL play at Massillon. Woullard will be an absolute nightmare for the offense wherever he lines up. The DB might be the strength of the D this season.
I would love to see a lights out defense

At the last booster club meeting coach talked about a kid that couldn’t play last year (for various reasons) but was on the team And played dline, he said he was big strong kid and our oline last year had a hard time blocking him. I forget the name but that’s what he said. I’m assuming he’ll be playing this year.

CJ Harris will be an anchor on dl. You mentioned Woullard. Strength is rarely an issue. Question will be foot speed esp. at LB. LaSalle made us react and chase in every direction, and that backfield returns. I think Xavier Andrews will be one of them.

At the last booster club meeting coach talked about a kid that couldn’t play last year (for various reasons) but was on the team And played dline, he said he was big strong kid and our oline last year had a hard time blocking him. I forget the name but that’s what he said. I’m assuming he’ll be playing this year.
I believe you're talking about Stokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.