Massillon Football 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one actual "starter" returns but a lot of kids return who gave quality minutes. We will have the athletes to step in, experience will be an issue.
CJ Harris also started 3-4 games on the DL this season. The Tigers always have skilled position players and CB’s/Safeties. The issue next year will be LB’s, but I will assume that Woullard will play MLB next year. The experience will for sure be an issue the first 2-3 games, although we have to remember there have been an extra 10 weeks of practice over the last 2 seasons.
I believe the upcoming season will be similar to the 02’ team, which was the year after Zwick graduated and the talk was a “down” year but Matt Martin led them right back to the semi finals with Devin Jordan.
To have two 1,000 yard receivers back that scored 29 TD’s is certainly going to give DC‘s nightmares on how to game plan for them.

CJ Harris also started 3-4 games on the DL this season. The Tigers always have skilled position players and CB’s/Safeties. The issue next year will be LB’s, but I will assume that Woullard will play MLB next year. The experience will for sure be an issue the first 2-3 games, although we have to remember there have been an extra 10 weeks of practice over the last 2 seasons.
I believe the upcoming season will be similar to the 02’ team, which was the year after Zwick graduated and the talk was a “down” year but Matt Martin led them right back to the semi finals with Devin Jordan.
To have two 1,000 yard receivers back that scored 29 TD’s is certainly going to give DC‘s nightmares on how to game plan for them.
Why would Woullard play MLB next year? We run a 3-4 so just curious as to why you might think that?

Why would Woullard play MLB next year? We run a 3-4 so just curious as to why you might think that?
Because with his speed and I would assume a size of closer to 6’3” 230# they sure as hell better have him at a Mike or Will. When they have a safety blitz he will still be able to cover the middle of the field and drop back in a zone type coverage. To keep him on the end will take away his size and speed because teams will run away from his side unless we have another talented end that I don’t know about next season. The Lasalle game was the perfect example of the size of our ILB’s finally catching up to us this year. No offense to either of them they both had outstanding seasons but just wish they were a tad bigger.

Because with his speed and I would assume a size of closer to 6’3” 230# they sure as hell better have him at a Mike or Will. When they have a safety blitz he will still be able to cover the middle of the field and drop back in a zone type coverage. To keep him on the end will take away his size and speed because teams will run away from his side unless we have another talented end that I don’t know about next season. The Lasalle game was the perfect example of the size of our ILB’s finally catching up to us this year. No offense to either of them they both had outstanding seasons but just wish they were a tad bigger.
I don’t disagree with any of that but is this something they’ve decided to do or are talking about or is this more of what you think or hope they do?

I don’t disagree with any of that but is this something they’ve decided to do or are talking about or is this more of what you think or hope they do?
I would certainly hope they would, after the Lasalle game I would hope the D coaches agree we need to get bigger in the middle.

IMO Massillon should schedule one of the better teams in D-2 Hoban, LaSalle or possibly one of the better teams in D-1. Their regular season schedule apparently hasn't prepared them for the finals. In the 90's McKinley stepped up their schedule adding Iggy, I think it helped them prepare better for the playoffs. Massillon has a good coach IMO and they probably will have more chances in the near future. Good luck Tigers
Massillon 2020 Schedule
Glenoak
Harding
Fitch
Barberton
McKinely

They have 5 open dates, so they definitely have an opportunity to schedule Mentor, Hoban or Iggy

So they don't get dump trucked in the State Championship game again.....that's why
How has that worked out for Winton Woods the last three years? Boat raced by Hoban, thumped by Massillon and did not make the playoffs in a year when they beat the state champs.

There is little to no incentive for Massillon to play the big parochial schools in the regular season.

How has that worked out for Winton Woods the last three years? Boat raced by Hoban, thumped by Massillon and did not make the playoffs in a year when they beat the state champs.

There is little to no incentive for Massillon to play the big parochial schools in the regular season.
Same can be said for Mentor.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few next couple seasons.

It will be interesting to watch the 2020 version of the Tigers. The 2019 version was the best Massillon team I had seen in some time so one would naturally expect a little bit of a dropoff. However, each team under Moore has been better than its predecessor. I'll be curious to see whether the talent lessens &/or the Moore plan has peaked out or if they will continue to improve as they have every season since Moore's arrival.

It will be interesting to watch the 2020 version of the Tigers. The 2019 version was the best Massillon team I had seen in some time so one would naturally expect a little bit of a dropoff. However, each team under Moore has been better than its predecessor. I'll be curious to see whether the talent lessens &/or the Moore plan has peaked out or if they will continue to improve as they have every season since Moore's arrival.

Interesting analysis. If I was betting, the 2020 Tigers will continue that trend. I post this with great admiration for the 2018 & 2019 teams.

What does the schedule look like for next year ? Sorry if I missed that post.
Week 1 filled not announced yet
Week 2 Glenoak A
Week 3 Warren H
Week 4 filled not announced yet H
Week 5 open
Week 6 Fitch H
Week 7 open
Week 8 Barberton H
Week 9 open
Week 10 mck H

Status
Not open for further replies.