Massillon Football 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnier part still is most the select few have dismal records vs. Massillon so they are calling themselves soft. Might have a point actually - nobody can argue the FL would be an upgrade.
In the earlier part of this thread I posted some facts....ironically we have played what they have labled....the "big boys" 36 times....the fed has played THEIR big boy (Massillon) 36 times....Massillon....against the "big boys" has almost double the winning pct. than the Fed has against us.

They say we won't play the "big boys" but we just scheduled Iggy, and there's the potential that we're playing either Bosco or Gorman....and all they have to say about us is....there's a lot going on over there. Lol.

Love them or hate them, everybody who hears the word “Massillon” immediately thinks of football. They set the standard in Ohio before most (if not all) of us were born. The past two years, they’ve been as dominant as they’ve ever been and as much slack as their fans get for the lack of a playoff title, there’s only a handful of schools who have legit “bragging rights” over them. Two the come to mind are Cincinnati Moeller & Cleveland St. Ignatius, both of whom have pretty much dominated most of their competition oblver the years.

The Tigers have a great coach, a solid offensive line, arguably the state’s best wide receiver tandem in Ballard & Wilson-Lamp, etc. The majority of their own county doesn’t want any part of them, so why not roll the dice and “schedule up?” In fact, if I’m Massillon, I’m playing Bosco at PBTS. I’d show off my beautiful facilities, shoot off plenty of fireworks, and show them what makes my fan base so prideful.

In any case, see y’all in week 3! ??

In the earlier part of this thread I posted some facts....ironically we have played what they have labled....the "big boys" 36 times....the fed has played THEIR big boy (Massillon) 36 times....Massillon....against the "big boys" has almost double the winning pct. than the Fed has against us.

They say we won't play the "big boys" but we just scheduled Iggy, and there's the potential that we're playing either Bosco or Gorman....and all they have to say about us is....there's a lot going on over there. Lol.
The frustration is at an all time high...
1. Beat mck 8 out of the last 9 times and 13 out of the last 17.
2. The last 3 years we have played 44 games, the Soph class 2 years ago will go into this season having played and/or practiced for an extra season (10 games)
3. The fed “fans” always use “the league games are so tough so why should we schedule stronger teams” the problem with that is over the last 3 seasons the fed playoff record is 3-7 and 4 teams didn’t even make the playoffs.

Love them or hate them, everybody who hears the word “Massillon” immediately thinks of football. They set the standard in Ohio before most (if not all) of us were born. The past two years, they’ve been as dominant as they’ve ever been and as much slack as their fans get for the lack of a playoff title, there’s only a handful of schools who have legit “bragging rights” over them. Two the come to mind are Cincinnati Moeller & Cleveland St. Ignatius, both of whom have pretty much dominated most of their competition oblver the years.

The Tigers have a great coach, a solid offensive line, arguably the state’s best wide receiver tandem in Ballard & Wilson-Lamp, etc. The majority of their own county doesn’t want any part of them, so why not roll the dice and “schedule up?” In fact, if I’m Massillon, I’m playing Bosco at PBTS. I’d show off my beautiful facilities, shoot off plenty of fireworks, and show them what makes my fan base so prideful.

Well put. Kudos to you, Worm. You represent Warren well. One of Ohio’s historic football playing schools.?

Very well said. Respect from someone who has seen the battles, not some Johnny come lately who want to pout.

Funnier part still is most the select few have dismal records vs. Massillon so they are calling themselves soft. Might have a point actually - nobody can argue the FL would be an upgrade.
Federal League
Federal League
Federal League

Federal League
Federal League
Federal League

2. The last 3 years we have played 44 games, the Soph class 2 years ago will go into this season having played and/or practiced for an extra season (10 games)
3. The fed “fans” always use “the league games are so tough so why should we schedule stronger teams” the problem with that is over the last 3 seasons the fed playoff record is 3-7 and 4 teams didn’t even make the playoffs.
Federal League
Federal League
Federal League

24/7/365

Lol can you just imagine what the scores would’ve been if Massillon had been in the Fed the past couple of years..Scalzo would’ve had weekly reports of how Massillon scores too much and isn’t nice to the other teams feelings.

Lol can you just imagine what the scores would’ve been if Massillon had been in the Fed the past couple of years..Scalzo would’ve had weekly reports of how Massillon scores too much and isn’t nice to the other teams feelings.
???
It would have also made our schedule much weaker and we really would have struggled in the playoffs.

???
It would have also made our schedule much weaker and we really would have struggled in the playoffs.
Clemson has one of the top 10 weakest schedules every year. This year they are (although early) predicted to have one of the top 5 weakest schedules in the country. Care to explain? But heh when you post it 57 times you actually start to believe it. You just can't fix stupid!

Is the game against Bishop Gorman going to be on Friday or Saturday?

I can't make it up to Canton on Friday, but I could on Saturday, and I wouldn't go to that event to see a bunch of non-Ohio teams, no matter how good they are. So, that's why I'm asking.

The format for the Herbie event was much better with more Ohio teams playing non-Ohio teams, but I understand that ESPNU wouldn't televise it that way.

Clemson has one of the top 10 weakest schedules every year. This year they are (although early) predicted to have one of the top 5 weakest schedules in the country. Care to explain? But heh when you post it 57 times you actually start to believe it. You just can't fix stupid!
What division in Ohio high school football is Clemson in ? Talk about stupid.
Please give us the reason why the fed has been so completely irrelevant the last 3 years in football. There are 8 teams that make the playoffs in each region and to have a league that is “supposed” to be so tough only go 3-7 between 7 teams over the last 3 years ??? On top of that 4 teams didn’t make the playoffs once over those 3 years. That tells me that league is soft as Charmin. Although the 35-7 beatdown of a fed team week 12 said it all !!!
Don’t start out by saying a few down years in talent because that isn’t true at all.

So a weak schedule in college is ok to prepare a team but not in HS, gotcha, makes sense. The FL teams have a chance to schedule 4 non conference games, they can schedule four brutel opponents if they believe the fed isn't getting them ready? If a team has the talent to go far the league prepares them just fine (Perry)?

Federal League
Federal League
Federal League
Who is always on here causing problems on Massillon threads? Well....it's a lot of goofballs, but mostly Fed supporters. Since the close of the HS football season we've heard a lot of smack talk about how Massillon wouldnt schedule "the big boys", my post is simply proving that we have scheduled...."the big boys" the exact same amount of times you guys have scheduled Massillon....and we have a WAY better record vs them than you do against us.

I apologize if my post hurt your feelings....I truly do. :LOL:

So a weak schedule in college is ok to prepare a team but not in HS, gotcha, makes sense. The FL teams have a chance to schedule 4 non conference games, they can schedule four brutel opponents if they believe the fed isn't getting them ready? If a team has the talent to go far the league prepares them just fine (Perry)?
I know from your posts you have a hard time understanding football in general so let me teach you a few things, as usual.
College schedules are made years in advance in some cases up to 5 or more. High school schedules are made yearly.
It’s funny that you say “four brutal opponents” hell how about ONE ???
I will have to say your title as “obsessive troll” fits you perfectly because you avoid questions like the fed avoids winning playoff games.
Why over the last 3 seasons is the fed playoff record 3-7. I will also say mck is 2-3 over that span so the other 6 fed teams are 1-4 ???
Welcome to the mediocre and irrelevant league. ?

Is the game against Bishop Gorman going to be on Friday or Saturday?

I can't make it up to Canton on Friday, but I could on Saturday, and I wouldn't go to that event to see a bunch of non-Ohio teams, no matter how good they are. So, that's why I'm asking.

The format for the Herbie event was much better with more Ohio teams playing non-Ohio teams, but I understand that ESPNU wouldn't televise it that way.
At this point I’d say wait until the official schedule comes out, might not even be BG so it’s a ??‍♂️ as of now.

I know from your posts you have a hard time understanding football in general so let me teach you a few things, as usual.
College schedules are made years in advance in some cases up to 5 or more. High school schedules are made yearly.
I will have to say your title as “obsessive troll” fits you perfectly because you avoid questions like the fed avoids winning playoff games.
Why over the last 3 seasons is the fed playoff record 3-7. I will also say mck is 2-3 over that span so the other 6 fed teams are 1-4 ???
Akron East and Cleveland John Adams aren't "brutal opponents?"

Who is always on here causing problems on Massillon threads? Well....it's a lot of goofballs, but mostly Fed supporters. Since the close of the HS football season we've heard a lot of smack talk about how Massillon wouldnt schedule "the big boys", my post is simply proving that we have scheduled...."the big boys" the exact same amount of times you guys have scheduled Massillon....and we have a WAY better record vs them than you do against us.

I apologize if my post hurt your feelings....I truly do. :LOL:
Your ignorance will never hurt my feelings, trust me please on that. Always causing problems but when we haven't been around you loons post about us constantly?

For the ones that need help with reading apprehension, I said they have the opportunity to schedule 4 brutal opponents. OPPORTUNITY.
Akron East and Cleveland John Adams aren't "brutal opponents?"

Listen, I know you are a Massillon grad and all but let me teach you something, please read it S-L-O-W. I don't care when the schedules are made up, won't even dispute it. (Even though Dabo has been there 12 years) Whenever the health it was made up my point is its a very weak schedule and prepares them just fine dontcha think? We are talking about the so called weak FL teams not preparing them not how long ago schedules were made up? You following along brainchild?

For the ones that need help with reading apprehension, I said they have the opportunity to schedule 4 brutal opponents. OPPORTUNITY.

Listen, I know you are a Massillon grad and all but let me teach you something, please read it S-L-O-W. I don't care when the schedules are made up, won't even dispute it. (Even though Dabo has been there 12 years) Whenever the health it was made up my point is its a very weak schedule and prepares them just fine dontcha think? We are talking about the so called weak FL teams not preparing them not how long ago schedules were made up? You following along brainchild?
Did Clemson win the title this year ? Was a lot of the talk after the game how tough LSU’s schedule was and how weak the ACC is ?
Keep dancing little girl....

Your ignorance will never hurt my feelings, trust me please on that. Always causing problems but when we haven't been around you loons post about us constantly?
It fun to make fun of a league that the fans think is so “tough week in and out” yet is so damn soft.

This is just one example of about 10 I saw after I typed in “LSU and Clemson schedule”.

Status
Not open for further replies.