Massillon FOOTBALL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWorm

This thread is for Massillon FOOTBALL talk, if you have an agenda or are a hater take your garbage elsewhere.

Time to turn the page and look to the future. Massillon has the talent to win it all next year and should be the favorites. Thots?

I'd say based on returning firepower that LaSalle would start as the favorite...but certainly a rematch in next year's title game would be a safe bet.

Time to turn the page and look to the future. Massillon has the talent to win it all next year and should be the favorites. Thots?
Lasalle should be favored. Massillon will be ok next year. They won’t get out of there own region in my opinion based on what I know today.

They will once again be the best team in Stark County across all Divisions until somebody steps up and beats them.

Last edited:
I think Hoban will have A LOT to say about who wins state in 2020. They’re going to be very good next year. I think they and LaSalle are the elite teams of D2. The Tigers will still be very good but I don’t think quite on the same level as the past 2 years. Just my opinion.

Exactly like I said, based on what I know today. I know who’s returning as a starter or played a lot. Replacing longwell will be tough. I know some are high on the backup, I think he’s ok. Losing a 1600 yard rusher plus Zion. I also don’t know if Massillon can call anything other than a deep ball or a run between the tackles. Defensively you’re losing a ton. Both safeties were outstanding, 3 linebackers and 2 of which were captains. Manny and Tobin will be tough to replace. That’s just our own things there. Hoban if in our region will be the team to beat again. Lasalle will be loaded next year. Massillon getting Over the top and winning the whole thing just seems further away to me than some.

I think Catrone will be good myself however the lack of creativity in the route tree is absolutely astonishing.
The offense wont miss a beat with Catrone. The kids a true tiger and will spread the ball around. He will use the 3rd receiver next year and will open up the deep ball to Lamp and Ballard. I think he will open eyes across the county next season. Go tigers!

Today’s football is largely dominated by putting your best athlete at Qb and running an RPO. When’s the last time Massillon had their best athlete at QB?

No doubt Tigers will be good. You all will go deep in playoffs. Hoban just will reload. Rumor if true Terrell leaves still gonna be a force that Tigers may or may not get passed. But I say you all make it. Moeller,Ignatius, Ed's are gonna be stacked in D1. Mck still getting use to High Whattage. They will beat Massillon. Go into playoffs. That other Perry team up North watch out. St.V St.M will be back. If LaSalle goes D1....Massillon wins D2

Massillon will always be able to reload to a point, but this team was special. I feel bad for the kids. I think Moore has to change some things on offense. I understand why he didn't because what they did in the SC he did all year, but LaSalle and Hoban are not like any other team they will play. I think the guy is a great coach. Massillon was no where near as good as they are now. I hope my Falcons get the right guy, and we can start competing against Massillon again. We have some serious skill talent in the next three years. Unfortunately, we don't have the big hogs up front, but if the right guy takes over, we will execute more quickly and get rid of the read option.

Massillon will always be able to reload to a point, but this team was special. I feel bad for the kids. I think Moore has to change some things on offense. I understand why he didn't because what they did in the SC he did all year, but LaSalle and Hoban are not like any other team they will play. I think the guy is a great coach. Massillon was no where near as good as they are now. I hope my Falcons get the right guy, and we can start competing against Massillon again. We have some serious skill talent in the next three years. Unfortunately, we don't have the big hogs up front, but if the right guy takes over, we will execute more quickly and get rid of the read option.
I would like to see Massillon schedule Pickerington Central, Colerain and US at Moeller. Instead of cupcakes. Schedule Jackson. Polar Bears will knock them off lol.

Massillon still doesn’t play enough of their best players both ways in my opinion. It’s better than it has been. But not enough. Lasalle had all those D1 boys playing both sides. And a few lineman. The other thing they don’t do which I understand completely why they didn’t the last 3 years, is play their best athlete at QB. Longwell was great so this is no knock on him at all. In the future they need to start looking into the middle school level and even freshman level and just start working some of those athletes at QB. Just some thoughts

Man the 2019 body's barely cold in the ground. I know some are anxious to put it behind you but the coaches better sit down and have a long look at what happened last night.

Massillon lost their all-time leading rusher last year and now their all-time leading passer this year. That's some serious production lost.

Keyes was nowhere close to Jamir and the backup is no Longwell.

Are Mass fans still all in on Moore's greatness after last night? Some really questionable calls on offense and no ability to stop the same play over and over on defense? Where was he last night?

Are Mass fans still all in on Moore's greatness after last night? Some really questionable calls on offense and no ability to stop the same play over and over on defense? Where was he last night?
You know nothing about the game of football. 28-2 last 2 years. 8 of 9 over the mutts. We will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.