Massillon FOOTBALL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had bad season few wins true. But still enough to knock the out of Polar Teddy bears in football since this is a football forum when even the Paper Tiger champions of Massillon would run wild on your . Amazing how you all avoid each other. Except Perry.
"Except Perry?" You just lost all credibility.

Massillon still doesn’t play enough of their best players both ways in my opinion. It’s better than it has been. But not enough. Lasalle had all those D1 boys playing both sides. And a few lineman. The other thing they don’t do which I understand completely why they didn’t the last 3 years, is play their best athlete at QB. Longwell was great so this is no knock on him at all. In the future they need to start looking into the middle school level and even freshman level and just start working some of those athletes at QB. Just some thoughts
Yeah I was baffled at the lack of two wat players this year. Wilson-Lamp is the only one who did really. If the powerhouses do it we need to as well. Also I’d imagine that the next few years will see a more dual threat qb.

Coach Moore and his staff are improving the Massillon program, on a yearly basis. They will continue that until the maximum goal is achieved—a playoff title.

JJ—I see that you had to “comment” on this post. I have some stats that you won’t like when I post them. Stay tuned.

Are Mass fans still all in on Moore's greatness after last night? Some really questionable calls on offense and no ability to stop the same play over and over on defense? Where was he last night?
Yep......He's doing a great job with the program.....He is the best Coach we've had in a long long time. I know we still had one heck of a season and all but the 14 team's that played this weekend would trade spots with us if they could. The best part is that we'll be good again next year!!!!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

JJ—I see that you had to “comment” on this post. I have some stats that you won’t like when I post them. Stay tuned.
I have stats for you. ZERO states and ZERO nationals for Mass. Get another hobby before you jump off of a bridge.

If you want to pound your chest about that meaningless notion...

Best in Stark > FL championship > merely qualifying for playoffs. Is Hoover football and their fans so downtrodden that virtually nothing is meaningful anymore? Sounds depressing.

Massillon is coming off another bitter title defeat and I can promise you that's till our goal. Best in Stark, then region, then another crack at state. Once the mandatory 30 days ends we get back at it. Good luck next year.

My guess is Massillon 2020 will be very good. Coach Moore is doing a great job with the program and Massillon is just hard to beat. Also I don't think people realize just how hard it is to win a state championship. Everything has to go just right for you and my guess Massillon will finally win one probably in a year nobody expects it. Good luck next season. By the way it's hard to pick a spot where Massillon might think about changing especially when you win 35 plus games over 3 seasons but you might want to consider developing a quarterback who is as good at running the run-pass option as this past years quarterback was at throwing the ball.

Best in Stark > FL championship > merely qualifying for playoffs. Is Hoover football and their fans so downtrodden that virtually nothing is meaningful anymore? Sounds depressing.

Massillon is coming off another bitter title defeat and I can promise you that's till our goal. Best in Stark, then region, then another crack at state. Once the mandatory 30 days ends we get back at it. Good luck next year.
Cant wait to see the best in Stark trophy...or is that on paper too?

Congratulations to the Coach Moore and the Massillon Tigers, for completing another very successful season. Making it to the Title game in back to back years, even though coming up short, is not an easy feat. It shows talent, dedication, and a strong will to excel. I know the detractors will continue to bad mouth them, for not winning it all, and they are entitled to their opinion. Only 14 teams made it to Columbus, and all the rest stayed home, and wished they were there. Ohio is known for being a hot bed for high school football, and teams like Massillon and other perpetually winning programs, is the reason why. Best of luck to the seniors, as they move on, and I look forward to seeing what the Tigers bring to the field next fall.

Congratulations to the Coach Moore and the Massillon Tigers, for completing another very successful season. Making it to the Title game in back to back years, even though coming up short, is not an easy feat. It shows talent, dedication, and a strong will to excel. I know the detractors will continue to bad mouth them, for not winning it all, and they are entitled to their opinion. Only 14 teams made it to Columbus, and all the rest stayed home, and wished they were there. Ohio is known for being a hot bed for high school football, and teams like Massillon and other perpetually winning programs, is the reason why. Best of luck to the seniors, as they move on, and I look forward to seeing what the Tigers bring to the field next fall.
Columbus? I beleive you mean Canton, the homefield advantage for all of NEO to the OHSAA

Here's some points to ponder for next year.
  • Moore needs to run a more modern offense if he can even coach it.
  • New defensive line coach
  • New defensive coordinator
  • New offensive coordinator
  • Ballard and Wilson-Lamp need to learn to block and execute on every play even if it's a run play. This is one reason why LaSalle ran so well, EVERYONE blocked (or held lol). On our run plays, as soon as the ball moves, Ballard stands there, alerting the defense to a run play. He doesn't engage.
  • Ballard needs to get his head in the game on every play
  • Ballard needs to stop running with the ball with one extended hand, it's gonna hurt us big sometime.
  • Ballard needs to learn to take a hit once in a while.
  • How about some slants, screens, sweeps, options, two back sets, maybe a full back if we still go old school football
  • When it's 3rd and 8, we don't have to throw 40-60 yard passes
  • Get rid of the Firestone match-up. What we need is a tougher opponent so that the team gets a better gauge on where they are in the season. I know some say that Game is McKinley, but I disagree. This town isn't happy without a State Title, if that is what we want, then we need to play teams that can challenge for a title, McKinley hasn't been there in a while. Not saying McKinley isn't a guage, and IMO, this past game with McK was, as our offense was not clicking and should have sent up some red flags.
  • Let's focus on players that are committed and grew up in Massillon. I don't want some last year senior transfer to come in, show some flash, and then cause issues and play like crap when we needed him the most. Grow them from the inside and they will play for school and the city.
  • LEARN HOW TO TACKLE... my god Lasalle game was bad.

Last edited:
Massillon still doesn’t play enough of their best players both ways in my opinion. It’s better than it has been. But not enough. Lasalle had all those D1 boys playing both sides. And a few lineman. The other thing they don’t do which I understand completely why they didn’t the last 3 years, is play their best athlete at QB. Longwell was great so this is no knock on him at all. In the future they need to start looking into the middle school level and even freshman level and just start working some of those athletes at QB. Just some thoughts

That is because when they recruit all of these players from different cities/states they make promises to their families!

Do you disagree or are you saying Stark County Football is no good? BTW, I don't see anybody in D2 from Stark beating Lasalle. But next year is a long ways away.

Stark County football is trash and has been for awhile. It is little brother to Summit

Lancers rolled over the Paper Tigers! Let's see, Massillon decided long ago to place more value on their football program than their academic program, hence one of the worst academic schools in the state. They have tried to recruit players from outside their district because they cannot produce athletes within their own boundaries, and this has led to zero state tittles....maybe they need to up the ante and start paying kids to come play there, then they might finally win a elusive state title........until then they are the paper Tigers, and can hold their imaginary best in Stark County Trophy.......is their any chance that any of the other sports programs at Massillon could maybe win the school a state title, or are they all just terrible???? WAR LANCERS

Status
Not open for further replies.