Massillon Football 2020 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, most of what I have read from you is positive and instructive. But just recently it took a turn. You need to review your recent posts because it’s not neutral or positive. about the team that you are posting about.
Will do. Man there is NOTHING like Massillon FB. But I’ll work on that. At the end of the day the power schools like both of them will be the only ones left with Hoban, Iggy, Mentor And a few others and they may all play each other. It should make for a fun year of HSFB. Take Care.

Actually, the deal was that if Bishop Gorman and DC were unable to travel in week one, then the two schools agreed to play eachother. Their wasn’t a contingency plan set in place that if an easier opponent in Ohio became an option, due to a future cancellation due to Covid restrictions, then all bets are off. So, no it’s really as simple as that.
No, that wasn't the deal . Here is what the cleveland. com article really said. Both St. Edward and Massillon have a pact to play if their schedules allow it, sources told cleveland.com on a condition of anonymity because a Woodson-St. Edward agreement was still in place. Well Massillon found an opponent so their schedule doesn't allow it. Furthermore I never said anything about a contingency plan wherever you pulled that from stuff it back up there. Good luck with your season.

What is Massillon’s all time record against St Ed’s? Also all that talk about injury is silly, Sawyer is more likely to injure a Massillon player than the Ed’s team lol.

This is just me speculating but I think the PN game is happening because ESPN is gonna cover it.

Ask Mr. Inside Baseball2010 he would know, lol. Fwiw I asked an ex-coach friend still close to the program he said financially was the better deal, and was being worked on long before Ed/Massillon discussed contingency plans. Ed may be the better team (or not, who knows at this point) but PN is a D1 playoff team that returns the top recruit so it will be exciting regardless. Rankl vs. Sawyer will be interesting.

Comparing scores is not a good indicator but fwiw: PN lost to the eventual champ PC 6-17 in week 8. Then they got bounced by Olentangy Orange in the 1st round 17-36. Olentangy then lost to PC 0-44. That's hs football.

Last edited:
Ask Mr. Inside Baseball2010 he would know, lol. Fwiw I asked an ex-coach friend still close to the program he said financially was the better deal, and was being worked on long before Ed/Massillon discussed contingency plans. Ed may be the better team (or not, who knows at this point) but PN is a D1 playoff team that returns the top recruit so it will be exciting regardless. Rankl vs. Sawyer will be interesting.

Comparing scores is not a good indicator but fwiw: PN lost to the eventual champ PC 6-17 in week 8. Then they got bounced by Olentangy Orange in the 1st round 17-36. Olentangy then lost to PC 0-44. That's hs football.
The date and time slot are what makes me think it will be on ESPN...there’s no logical reason they’d just randomly decide to play at noon on a Sunday

The last 4 pages have been about non Massillon fans trying to play Massillon AD and Massillon fans trying to justify the ADs choice, in a season that likely won't be played.

You must really be bored.

Non Massillon fan looks like the girl that didn't get invited to the dance.

Spend your energy filling your schedule incase there is a season...we're good.

I’ve never heard anyone call Ed’s a dirty team. I’ve seen Ed’s multiple times over the years. I’ve never come away having anything but respect for the program. I’ve never rooted for them but I have nothing bad to say.
Must not have seen them a lot over the years. But no it didn't start with Lombardo. If anything I'll say he's cleaned it up a little

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.