Massillon Football 2020 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happened to watch that Winton Woods / Ed’s game on the SEBN and couldn’t believe how CJ Hankins time after time stuffed OSU recruit Myon Williams and eventually put him out of the game with an ankle injury. Still can’t believe offers haven’t came pouring in for him.

Seriously? Look at my posts. I am just trying to figure out how a game that was 99% verified has been cancelled and all but one backer has cared to give a reasonable response without starting into an argument.
So what was the purpose of asking why we don’t schedule Mentor Ed’s and Iggy every year?

No. It started afters talks many months ago with School Admin and a Coach, when original schools were scheduling. After the first No St. Edward then asked to play any week with a higher incentive, at Massillon. St. Edward asked recently when The article came out and after being on the fence Massillon. This game vs PN was one the wanted because PN DE Jack Sawyer heading to OSU and will be hyped with OSU talent. PN is far from Eds level but be careful here, Sawyer will line up at QB and is very scary anywhere he lines up. He is the best Ohio prospect in the last 6 years Listen I understand it’s not what folks want to hear but it is the truth. St Edward as a team, down to last year with Winton Woods Miyan Williams, Eds have hurt players and ruined a teams season.
Again, you know all of this how?

I do agree with one thing, kids can get hurt playing St. Ed, we've scrimmage them lately and I've seen how they play.... (not in a good way.) I've heard people comment on how since Lombardo got there St. Ed has become a dirty team.

I happened to watch that Winton Woods / Ed’s game on the SEBN and couldn’t believe how CJ Hankins time after time stuffed OSU recruit Myon Williams and eventually put him out of the game with an ankle injury. Still can’t believe offers haven’t came pouring in for him.
There have been many Eds kids like him, Omar Fattah was another tough LB (now Air Force FB). Undersized a few inches also but yes, that was a complete domination and Hankins physically made Williams look more like a Hiram commit instead of a Buckeye commit. Meanwhile WW has two D1 LB and Eds RB Joe Formani ran for 237 yards and 5 TDS. Offers aside Hankins will be the best defensive player in Ohio in 2020.

Do you honestly think a scrimmage and regular season game have the same players playing and effort put in place on each down? We’re not talking NFL injuries here!
The player safety issue may be about the last play of last years scrimmage when one of the St Ed’s took a cheap shot at one of our kids out of bounds. I think the kid was out a couple of weeks from it. The Ed’s kids were embarrassed and started to play dirty. Moore called a stop to the scrimmage after the cheap shot.

Now wait a second. I have been getting crap all day for Hoban not wanting to play game 1 at Massillon, but at a neutral site. Hoban then a D3 school, opened up 2015 at home vs Mckinley, 2016 At McKinley, D2 2017 home vs St Ed's, D2 2018 at St Ignatius and 2019 at home against PA powerhouse Harrisburg.
You know none of those games are like playing at PBTS.

I do agree with one thing, kids can get hurt playing St. Ed, we've scrimmage them lately and I've seen how they play.... (not in a good way.) I've heard people comment on how since Lombardo got there St. Ed has become a dirty team.

I stated above John.

St. Eds is far from dirty it’s more if you do not play hard, next man up. DB Coach states they count “loafs”. Bad effort lands you on the bench. It’s a culture of fast and physical which just leads to some injuries because all 11 play that way.

you are a little late to the game if you are going to call out Lombardo. These comments have been made going back to the black stripe days under Gibbons in the early 2000s yet nothing was ever substantiated. Good try though with Lombardo. The guy has the highest respect from any community he has coached at and it doesn’t take one Ed’s alum to say that.
C’mon I expect better from you JLP!

The player safety issue may be about the last play of last years scrimmage when one of the St Ed’s took a cheap shot at one of our kids out of bounds. I think the kid was out a couple of weeks from it. The Ed’s kids were embarrassed and started to play dirty. Moore called a stop to the scrimmage after the cheap shot.

I remember that and you sound like a fool to call that a cheap shot. And Eds was embarrassed, I like Eds but blood In Massillon, this is ridiculous. That was a effort play 1 yard out of bounds from probably a kid trying to make the most of his chance. This thought process is what is wrong and the difference in standards.

There have been many Eds kids like him, Omar Fattah was another tough LB (now Air Force FB). Undersized a few inches also but yes, that was a complete domination and Hankins physically made Williams look more like a Hiram commit instead of a Buckeye commit. Meanwhile WW has two D1 LB and Eds RB Joe Formani ran for 237 yards and 5 TDS. Offers aside Hankins will be the best defensive player in Ohio in 2020.
I guess the current Buckeye staff doesn’t like St Ed’s kids.

So what was the purpose of asking why we don’t schedule Mentor Ed’s and Iggy every year?

Simple, in response to the poster that said Massillon plays all of the advantaged parochial schools. I don’t remember the exact quote but look it up. That’s the problem when people quote one sentence out of two paragraphs. Things get mid-read.

I remember that and you sound like a fool to call that a cheap shot. And Eds was embarrassed, I like Eds but blood In Massillon, this is ridiculous. That was a effort play 1 yard out of bounds from probably a kid trying to make the most of his chance. This thought process is what is wrong and the difference in standards.
Dirty cheap shot because Massillon was embarrassing them.

Simple, in response to the poster that said Massillon plays all of the advantaged parochial schools. I don’t remember the exact quote but look it up. That’s the problem when people quote one sentence out of two paragraphs. Things get mid-read.
I didn’t know Mentor was a parochial school.

I didn’t know a mentor was a parochial school.
No, they aren’t and you are very knowledgeable but I added them in since a certain Mentor poster has argued with you guys for years why Massillon backed out from playing them. It’s well documented in Yappi.

No, they aren’t and you are very knowledgeable but I added them in since a certain Mentor poster has argued with you guys for years why Massillon backed out from playing them. It’s well documented in Yappi.

LOL! That guy would argue with God if he had a chance. By the way, that was five years ago. The “world” has changed.

The way I understood the deal with Massillon and St. Eds was if both teams had no other options they would play each other. Well Massillon found another option. It's as simple as that. The 99% sure thing might have been the sports writters opinion.

Smoke another! Sawyer in a landslide.

When you say "many ED's kids like him" who is the "him" you are referring to? Just a question. Thanks

The way I understood the deal with Massillon and St. Eds was if both teams had no other options they would play each other. Well Massillon found another option. It's as simple as that. The 99% sure thing might have been the sports writters opinion.
Actually, the deal was that if Bishop Gorman and DC were unable to travel in week one, then the two schools agreed to play eachother. Their wasn’t a contingency plan set in place that if an easier opponent in Ohio became an option, due to a future cancellation due to Covid restrictions, then all bets are off. So, no it’s really as simple as that.

Actually, the deal was that if Bishop Gorman and DC were unable to travel in week one, then the two schools agreed to play eachother. Their wasn’t a contingency plan set in place that if an easier opponent in Ohio became an option, due to a future cancellation due to Covid restrictions, then all bets are off. So, no it’s really as simple as that.
An easier opponent? Haha. You’re a real hoot. BTW. How do you know so much? It seems you have inside information about St Ed’s and the Tigers.

I’ve never heard anyone call Ed’s a dirty team. I’ve seen Ed’s multiple times over the years. I’ve never come away having anything but respect for the program. I’ve never rooted for them but I have nothing bad to say.

I’ve never heard anyone call Ed’s a dirty team. I’ve seen Ed’s multiple times over the years. I’ve never come away having anything but respect for the program. I’ve never rooted for them but I have nothing bad to say.
Did you go to last years scrimmage?

247 article Day visited Hankins. He is just not tall enough. I do think based upon competition he is the best returning player. There are thousands of players that have went thru Northeast Ohio that if they were 2” taller. Instead Day is going with D4 Revere OL Christian or D5 Ironton LB Carrico who are very good but more than likely will never play a down. Some Kids project better, taller players. We will see in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.