Massillon / Big walnut

pup pounder

Let's get this party started. I'm assuming Mansfield?
Canal Winchester beat them, but that doesn't mean anything. If your here, your a good team. I know everybody's going to say Massillon in a landslide.
But you never know.

Canal Winchester beat them, but that doesn't mean anything. If your here, your a good team. I know everybody's going to say Massillon in a landslide.
But you never know.
Won’t be at Mansfield they are still in the playoffs and I wouldn’t think they would want to host a game.
I’ve heard Lexington.
We handled them last year 38-0, in that game it looked like they were shellshocked from the opening kick. So I am sure they will be better prepared this year but I don’t think it will matter. The Tigers run D is dominant.

Big Walnut fans, tell us about your team. I know you've got that (I think a jr.) Incredible running back.

Coach a weakness against Massillon. Deep/short passes you really didn't exploit it. Moeller had success against Tigers.

But you never know.
Bro I ain't going to lie to you I understand being humble but if Winchester beat them then this is bout to get ugly. No disrespect to CW but that was the worse "high school" offense I have ever seen. They shouldn't be beating nobody that's in the playoffs

Bro I ain't going to lie to you I understand being humble but if Winchester beat them then this is bout to get ugly. No disrespect to CW but that was the worse "high school" offense I have ever seen. They shouldn't be beating nobody that's in the playoffs

To be fair, it's not like this wasn't expected. However I do like to give an opponent the benefit of the doubt. But watching the game last night I wondered several times to myself how Canal Winchester won a game against anybody. And they beat Big Walnut on the road 2 weeks ago?? Another shutout coming for our starting defense it would seem.

Gannett moved some money around and surprised everyone by paying their video bills, so here's a video of highlights from last night's Watkins Memorial vs Big Walnut game in sunny suburban Pataskala, Ohio:

My observation of the video is that Watkins has a nice little stadium and I saw a lot of players playing hard but no real outstanding athletes on the field.

Big Walnut is a rapidly growing school district still with a lot of farmland and has a 2007 state football title to their credit when they were in Division 3.

I’m with ya. I’m guessing they just had a terrible off night mixed in with us having a great defense

To be fair, it's not like this wasn't expected. However I do like to give an opponent the benefit of the doubt. But watching the game last night I wondered several times to myself how Canal Winchester won a game against anybody. And they beat Big Walnut on the road 2 weeks ago?? Another shutout coming for our starting defense it would seem.
I completely understand where you're coming from bro... And yeah I was saying to myself like how the hell do they win a game and what's funny is they was beating Big Walnut 21-0

Won’t be at Mansfield they are still in the playoffs and I wouldn’t think they would want to host a game.
I’ve heard Lexington.
We handled them last year 38-0, in that game it looked like they were shellshocked from the opening kick. So I am sure they will be better prepared this year but I don’t think it will matter. The Tigers run D is dominant.
Massillon 82,

Has that been the pattern historically even when the games are at neutral sites, that a school still in the playoffs is reluctant to host a game?

Mansfield Senior plays Parma Heights Holy Name Friday night, and the game will probably be at Lodi or Medina. Arlin would be a great site for the Division IV, Region 14 matchup between Van Wert (11-1) and Millersburg West Holmes (12-0)

Massillon 82,

Has that been the pattern historically even when the games are at neutral sites, that a school still in the playoffs is reluctant to host a game?

Mansfield Senior plays Parma Heights Holy Name Friday night, and the game will probably be at Lodi or Medina. Arlin would be a great site for the Division IV, Region 14 matchup between Van Wert (11-1) and Millersburg West Holmes (12-0)
In my experience that has been the case because it’s usually parents of players or the band etc that volunteer to work the game, tickets, concessions etc.

This is a running clock football game, just like last year. You guys have seen BWs RB last year and fully contained him, he's great at rolling up big stats against tomato cans, but as you already know, not a difference maker when it really matters.

I’ve heard Lexington.
Can't be @ Lexington. Their new JH/HS parking lot is still being built, it would be a disaster

Can't be @ Lexington. Their new JH/HS parking lot is still being built, it would be a disaster
Let's say this is correct. Then what about Mount Vernon as a game site? I looked up Yellow Jackets Stadium and the seating capacity is listed as the same as Lexington.

Driving distance from Massillon isn't too bad as you'd shoot down SR 13 off I-71, or, if you're really hardcore, you can take SR 3 out of Wooster and climb some hills, dodge bambi, pass buggies, and discover the majestic sites of Jelloway.

Big Walnut to Mount Vernon is easy unless you're behind a combine.

Let's say this is correct. Then what about Mount Vernon as a game site? I looked up Yellow Jackets Stadium and the seating capacity is listed as the same as Lexington.

Driving distance from Massillon isn't too bad as you'd shoot down SR 13 off I-71, or, if you're really hardcore, you can take SR 3 out of Wooster and climb some hills, dodge bambi, pass buggies, and discover the majestic sites of Jelloway.

Big Walnut to Mount Vernon is easy unless you're behind a combine.
Feel free to visit their district website to see pictures of the giant dirt plot that is going to be the parking lot (eventually)