Massillon at Maumee

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekers

Week three has the Tigers on a long road trip to Maumee..After a tough loss to the Golden Eagles; Does Coach Hall right the ship? I say Massillon will win this one by at least 2 TD's.

When was the last time Maumee was even in the playoffs?

2010. They even won their 1st round game @ Avon Lake to boot. They missed out on the 8th spot in 2011 due to the L3 tiebreaker. They've won 7 games each of the past 2 years, so this could be easy points for Massillon.

2010. They lost a tie breaker for 8th last year. It's a program trying to come up and they need to play the Massillon's to get there.

If Massillon wins, they'll get good points as Maumee will win most of their schedule.

When was the last time Maumee was even in the playoffs?

Last year they missed out by a tie breaker of L3's, and the year before that they were in the playoffs.

That answer your questions, smart ---?

Don't forget they went 7-3 last two years, 9-1 in 2009 and 8-2 in 2008.

Honestly, my comment was not meant to be a dig at Massillon. In my experience Massillon fans after a loss have not blamed the refs, the weather, their own players, etc. Their coaches, however, have been fair game for the fans.

Honestly, my comment was not meant to be a dig at Massillon. In my experience Massillon fans after a loss have not blamed the refs, the weather, their own players, etc. Their coaches, however, have been fair game for the fans.

That is funny that you post this, because there have been posters on this board ripping on Massillon for giving Hall a free pass for several years for supposed under performing teams.

I think the Tigers get back on the winning track in Maumee this friday.

Expect Massillon to start sluggish in the 1st quarter because of the long bus ride and legs will be tired then they get into gear for the final 3 quarters and win.

This is completely off-topic, but why is it that OHSAA allows kids to miss school for an in-state game, but not for an out-of-state game?

Mass SHOULD win by atleast 3tds...but will we is another matter...of late we have not traveled well...away game record..is not good...which team shows up is another cause for concern...I think we bounce back...

That is funny that you post this, because there have been posters on this board ripping on Massillon for giving Hall a free pass for several years for supposed under performing teams.

SUPPOSED...?

32-17 is not supposed...its fact....and as many have noted that has been against a relatively soft schedule...

What does Earle Bruce have in common with Hall....no not that....you could count on both of them for 3 losses a year...:wallbang:

SUPPOSED...?

32-17 is not supposed...its fact....and as many have noted that has been against a relatively soft schedule...

What does Earle Bruce have in common with Hall....no not that....you could count on both of them for 3 losses a year...:wallbang:

I'll expect Oil Filter to chime in, stating that you don't know for a FACT that those teams would of won more games with another coach. You have no evidence of this, which is why I said supposed.

Right OF?

I'll expect Oil Filter to chime in, stating that you don't know for a FACT that those teams would of won more games with another coach. You have no evidence of this, which is why I said supposed.

Right OF?

grin....since 1932 (massillons modern era) hall has a better winning percentage than only Chuck Shuff

The Bottom 3 Shuff 63%
Hall 65%
Shep 66%

does that prove another coach woulda done better....nah....it does show that few coaches have been worse...heck even Stacy was 70%

If the same Massillon team shows up that played Glenoak Thursday and received multiple turnovers, I expect Maumee to roll. The Tigers were unable to maintain possession of the ball, didn't tackle well and played with no heart. This Tiger team has all the potential in the world to win out but do they even want to?

As a fan of Maumee football I think this game will stay closer longer than last years but the final result will be similar.

Some info on Maumee-
Maumee lost their qb, he was replaced by a slighty less mobile player but still a very solid qb. Maumees RB graduated but he was a quicker smaller back, now Maumee has a 215 pound 5'11 back. Very strong kid and will probably be Maumees biggest asset this season. At receiver Maumee has 2 smaller quick playmakers, King was 1st team all league. The line only returns 2 starters i believe but they do have pretty good size compared to most teams (not massilon).

On D Maumee has switched to a 4-3, the 6 Dlineman Maumee uses are probably the biggest theyve have in about 7 or 8 years. But most go both ways, including the rb. The LB's are all first year starters, 4 play and 2 are sophomores, 1 junior, 1 senior. Not very big and physical but hard workers (biggest weakness probably). The corners and safeties are pretty solid, mostly smaller guys but all have decent speed.

Special Teams - Maumee's punters only a sophomore so nerves may get the best of him but he has punted a 45 yarder in a jv game and is rumored to punt 60+ in the air in practice. Field goals Maumee should be good from about 40 and Kickoffs will likely go to about the 10.

Im thinking the final will be about 49-24...Maumee should get about 7 wins this year and d2 L1 points.

Oh lastly Maumees stadium fits a little over 5000 seating and then standing room. Ill be surprised if anyone isnt able to get in. Maumee had about 5600 at a game a few years ago and everyone fit fine

Maumee does have a small or non updated stadium and a team that might not be able to hang with Massilon for the most part on paper, but what they do have is a GREAT COACH in John Boles who will make the Panthers competitive and find a way to get in that big play or two...Yes if Massilon comes to play they might just come away with a lopsided victory, but that is not an easy task with Boles...You always hear that a coach never plays and isn't that much of an impact, but maumme a few years back was coming off of a 9-1 or 10-0 season I don't recall, and the next year a Classy Coach Boles took off a season as his late wife was passing away from an illness and they went 0-10...Coach Boles returns and they go 9-1 or 10-0 something like that and he showed to that community that he can win and he pours his heart into it...The John Boles factor maybe what shows up in this game and if it does Massilon might be wondering what happened?...He wins BIG GAMES and when he played at BGSU he made big catches...Massillon fans have always been critical of their Coach and that is part of a tradition laden program which they have earned, but they shouldn't get down on their coach if all doesn't go well, becaause Boles has outcoached many a great Coach during his time...it should be a fun game whoever wins...

Status
Not open for further replies.